Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Cast

Narrator

Additional Voices (+)

Comments

SNaG
said at 5:02 PM on Mon Apr 9 2018
Just finished, great game. Felt the gameplay was way better but the story and characters weren’t as good as the first one.

It’s disappointing that there’s as little voice acting in the game as there is, the acting is good and I feel if the actors had more time with the characters it truly could have been an amazing voice acting experience. But Owain Arthur is amazing as Lofty, props for not going with a voice match with Rie Kugimiya.
Soul-dragon
said at 6:22 PM on Mon Apr 16 2018
@SNaG IKR? That's one thing that's always impressed with the UK talent pool, that being that whenever there's a cute animal like creature they end up going with a male voice actor to try and match the gender and it usually always pays off. Granted I found Wayne Forester's Riki to be incredibly gratting but I loved Rasmus Hardiker's Tora.
said at 9:31 PM on Fri Mar 23 2018
I've played the first couple of chapters and so far I'm really happy with the game. It really feels like they went above and beyond with all the improvements they made from NNK1. So far the story and characters are immersive and exciting, and I love how this time we have a protagonist who's actually from Ni no Kuni. The battle system is also RIDICULOUSLY fun. Changing to realtime action-style was a definite improvement that keeps things fluid, and the Higgledies remind me almost like a bit of Pikmin. Throw in a bunch of other changes to make the game flow more smoothly and it's seriously everything I could have wanted and more from a generation-jumping sequel.

The graphics are so gorgeous that you honestly don't even need the 2D cutscenes anymore, AND the game is a full 60fps. Mark Healy and Joe Hisaishi lend their golden touches with VO and music just like in the first game. I'm just beyond impressed so far. I honestly think if the game keeps up this level of quality, not only will it be one of my top 3 RPGs this gen, but hopefully an alltime classic. I seriously recommend it to everyone!
Soul-dragon
said at 10:16 AM on Fri Mar 23 2018
Adam Howden is in this? Welp I'm going to go buy this...
Webmike1
said at 8:10 AM on Fri Mar 23 2018
The fact that Mark Healy voice directed this project has piqued my interest with this game's dub.
said at 8:57 AM on Fri Mar 23 2018
@Webmike1

It only feels right that Side brought him in again since he did the first game. He always does great work.
MasterBlaster
said at 2:37 AM on Fri Mar 23 2018
'Ey, look at this cast!

Kinda surprised they don't have a kid voicing Evan this time around like they did with Oliver in the first game.

And Adam Howden in another UK-based JRPG dub! Nice!
RetroPokeFan
said at 2:08 AM on Fri Mar 23 2018
Wow, Sophie Aldred from Doctor Who's in this game.

Surprised at that.
said at 9:14 PM on Sat Dec 5 2015
Looking at the trailer and screenshots, this is one of the most gorgeous games I've seen, and even the first one was beautiful enough. It fully looks like a playable Ghibli film. Wow.
MasterBlaster
said at 10:13 AM on Tue Dec 12 2017
@NCZ

Now that I think about it, does Ghibli have much involvement this time around? Other than Joe Hisaishi returning as composer, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Either way, I do agree with ya on the game's visuals--I felt the same way when the original came out--and I'm still very much looking forward to the game whenever it comes out.
said at 12:23 PM on Tue Dec 12 2017
@MasterBlaster

Ghibli themselves aren't involved, so there are no 2D cutscenes. But Hisaishi is still in charge of the soundtrack and Yoshiyuki Momose is the character designer, so with their individual involvement plus the art style, their feel is still all over the game.

The delay from January to March is making me a bit antsy since I was looking forward to this being my big, cozy winter the-year-has-just-kicked-off game, but it's ready when it's ready. I have played the demo that was at a few events and I'm super excited since it seems like they're going above and beyond by building upon the first game and fixing some of the problems I had with it. If all goes well it's going to be one of those sequels that's even better than the original. All we need is another Side UK dub and we're golden.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon