Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist

US Home Media: Nov 29, 2016
Japan Premiere: Jul 04, 2015
Japan Conclusion: Sep 19, 2015

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 12

Popularity: 306th All Time, 114th This Week

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist Cast

The Cast

Narrator

Comments

SNaG
said at 1:19 PM on Tue Oct 11 2016
Oooh, they're dubbing this. While not the most original cast, the main cast is a tried but true set of voice actors who should do this show justice. Hope the writing can do the same; I remember the subs being very well done for this show, but the ADR is probably much harder.
MegaMike1990
said at 5:24 AM on Thu Sep 15 2016
Saw a trailer for the dub on FUNimation.com that featured Monica Rial's character Anna Nishikinomiya, and it was so LOL! She sounds like a perfect fit for the character.

"LOVE NECTAR!" :-)
FUNiman
said at 5:19 PM on Wed Aug 17 2016
Certainly not one of the more innovative casts for FUNimation (Josh Grelle in another harem protagonist role...) but given how many PSG actors are here (and that dub is magnificent) I am sure this will be entertaining.
itsmedeadpool
said at 6:42 AM on Mon Aug 15 2016
My opinion on the English cast:

Truth be told, I was expecting either Jessica Calvello or Tabitha Ray to voice Ayame. But after hearing other wacko characters Jamie has voiced, I can understand why she was cast Ayame. Have a feeling her version of Ayame is going to be a fusion of Panty from 'Panty and Stockings' and Junko from 'Danganronpa'.

Josh Grelle as Tanukichi was a no brainer. I would've cast Josh myself.

Thought Anna would be voiced by Alexis Tipton, but Monica Rial is also a good choice.

Really thought Raiki would be voiced by Chris Sabat, but Chris ended playing Base Black as well as being the show's narrator. David Wald is a stellar choice as well.

I really thought Otome would be voiced by Monica Rial (ended up voicing Anna), but I'm curious as to what Brittney can do. Best of luck to her.

We know what a fiesta this was with subs, but as I know FUNimation in love, I think they'll throw the same effort in this show as they did with 'Panty and Stockings'.
doodlebugfour
said at 6:49 PM on Sat Aug 13 2016
Can't wait to hear Monica give Josh some love nectar cookies. ;)
CelestialOuroboros
said at 6:50 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
I can get behind David Wald voicing Gouriki, to an extent Lara Woodhull being picked for Kosuri, and *totally* Jamie Marchi tackling Ayame. The rest... meh. I saw Josh Grelle and Monica Rial as their characters coming a mile away; that's not to say I think they won't fit Tanukichi and Anna respectively considering the types of roles they've handled before, but they aren't really inspired choices. Overall I've got pretty mixed feelings about these picks, but it's always bound to be best to hear them in the actual thing before jumping to conclusions.

Looking at it on the brightside, FUNi gave me another reason to watch the anime again since it's very enjoyable and one of my favorites in recent memory. Also the ending theme song is infectious.
Solio
said at 6:08 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
According to FUNimation, here's the lineup for the dub coming this November:

Ayame - Jamie Marchi
Tanukichi - Josh Grelle
Goriki - David Wald
Anna - Monica Rial
Otome - Brittney Karbowski
Kosuri - Lara Woodhull
Hyoka - Mikaela Krantz
White Peak - Anthony Bowling
Narrator/Base Black - Christopher Sabat
kb24lol
said at 6:15 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
@Solio Thought Morgan Garett would have been perfect for Ayame but ya Marchi is good now that I think about it. Josh I expected just like his role in Date a live, DXD, he can play the harem esque character, Idk about monica as Anna but the rest is perfect.
MegaMike1990
said at 6:17 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
@Solio

Cool list! Just found out about it on Twitter!
kb24lol
said at 6:01 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
Theyre dubbing this??? crazy lol cant wait
CelestialOuroboros
said at 6:41 AM on Fri Feb 12 2016
I could see either Tabitha Ray or Jessica Calvello as Ayame, personally. With Tanukichi, it's a toss up between Aaron Dismuke, Todd Haberkorn, or Clifford Chapin. I'm not sure about the other characters atm.
spider-batmanx12
said at 6:35 PM on Sat Feb 13 2016
@CelestialOuroboros Tabitha for Ayame and either clifford chapin or josh grelle for okuma
Solio
said at 6:05 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
@CelestialOuroboros Ayame will be voiced by Jamie Marchi and Tanukichi will be voiced by Josh Grelle.
spider-batmanx12
said at 10:58 AM on Thu Feb 11 2016
either josh grelle, clifford chapin, or austin tindle for okuma
Solio
said at 6:06 PM on Fri Aug 12 2016
@spider-batmanx12 Josh Grelle is voicing him
CelestialOuroboros
said at 11:39 AM on Tue Jul 28 2015
It didn't take me long to realize that this anime's logo (the English one, anyway) is basically the Parental Advisory sticker. How fitting.

That being said, I am liking this series so far. Be forewarned that the fourth episode has a scene towards the end capable of rendering you speechless; I won't spoil it.
TheLemsterPju
said at 11:24 AM on Tue Jul 28 2015
"A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist"

Good. I'm sick of anime pervert humor.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 12:17 PM on Tue Jul 28 2015
@TheLemsterPju
Same here but something tells me that this still will have that.
komodod11
said at 6:01 AM on Tue Jul 28 2015
man Scott freeman would have been perfect for this show
Nightmare Crusher
said at 12:37 PM on Tue Dec 15 2015
@komodod11 Oh man, this comment looks really bad in hindsight.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon