Persona 5: The Animation

Franchise: Megami Tensei
Persona 5: The Animation Persona 5: The Animation Cast

The Cast

Comments

Marakutanay
said at 5:44 PM on Mon May 14 2018
After I saw a few videos on youtube I must say, they went with a completly different direction for Kamoshida in the dub. Sub Kamoshida sounds more like a high pitched old man Kirk Thornton than D.C. If I remember correctly Erica's Futaba wasn't as high pitched as Aoi too.
Soul-dragon
said at 3:50 PM on Sat Apr 14 2018
UPDATE: IDK about you guys but I honestly felt that the first episode was rushed. They ran in and out of the place with little to no development and everything just was sprung on us out of nowhere. I also didn't like the critical hit quote that was taken directly from the game. It worked there yes, but that's because it was a game and you had just made an accomplishment. In anime form it feels sloppy and rushed. Last Surprise also felt unneeded.
Oh well. Maybe it'll get better with time.
Amberdoll
said at 6:19 PM on Tue May 8 2018
@Soul-dragon um I say with the way the series is going..I kind of wish they stuck with aic a.s.t.a for this one.As much as I like A-1 pictures...The way the anime did a certain scene in episode 3 also all the things you mentioned here.I think was done way better in the game but only 5 out of 24(?) episodes have aired so maybe it's too early to judge...
RetroPokeFan
said at 12:55 AM on Wed May 9 2018
@Amberdoll Ohhhh lordy. That all out attack scene, gives me shudders to this day.

Though I have heard somewhere on Twitter that A-1 has gone back and changed it up to look more like the gme.
Amberdoll
said at 12:25 PM on Thu May 24 2018
@RetroPokeFan I was actually talking about the Shiho scene but yea that all out attack was...(cough).Yea I figured A-1 pictures would go back to do that.A lot of studios seem to do that,I get the short schedule for animation and all and it must be a pain to reach episode dead lines with it taking a while to animate,color,editing and doing other things and the animators don't get paid that much to animate either.(I wouldn't into how much that makes me angry, the comment would like 5 paragraphs long) (Sorry it take me so long to reply,it didn't show your comment till I looked at my reply comments)
Soul-dragon
said at 4:18 AM on Mon Jul 9 2018
@RetroPokeFan Since then not one all out attack was aired so who knows? But even without them people really aren't letting A-1 off easy.
Soul-dragon
said at 3:04 PM on Sun Apr 8 2018
Not going to lie the first episode of this was awesome. I loved how both Rise and Naoto were referenced at one point and the animation was great! I'm especially glad this is a thing since I never got to play this because I have an XBox One so it was painful be reminded everywhere of the game's existence but to be able to enjoy it now is awesome!
MadDude657
said at 3:38 AM on Mon Apr 9 2018
@Soul-dragon I own a PS4 but still haven’t played it. Meanly do to the $80 dollars price in Canada and I just can’t find the right time to play it.
RetroPokeFan
said at 2:43 PM on Sat Apr 7 2018
Fingers crossed that we get a dub for this.
*knowing Aniplex though chances are we probabrly won’t*
Soul-dragon
said at 2:53 PM on Sat Apr 7 2018
@RetroPokeFan TBH I really wish they had given this to Funimation or Sentai but nope. Why Aniplex doesn't do anything with a vast majority of it's titles (Oriemo, The Irregular at Magic High School, P3 Movies etc) is beyond me.
What's even worse is that it'll be ridiculously overpriced.
ScraftyIsTheBest
said at 4:14 PM on Sat Apr 7 2018
@Soul-dragon

The problem is that this anime along with most of the other Persona anime adaptations was done by A-1 Pictures which is owned by Aniplex, so they're the only ones who would naturally get the rights to this. We were lucky the OG Persona 4 anime even got dubbed and that's only because it was done by AIC rather than A-1 so that's why Sentai managed to get the rights to licensing that.
Shaun Ince
said at 10:12 AM on Sun Apr 8 2018
@Soul-dragon It might be costly, but anyone who is a die hard fan of Persona is going to go the extra mile to get it. Though it's only going to be people with somewhat of a disposable income that would be able to afford it.
PersonaFan007
said at 6:07 AM on Sat Jun 2 2018
@RetroPokeFan @Soul-dragon @ScraftyIsTheBest @Shaun Ince The P3 films got dubbed in German and the P4 anime in Korean. Maybe this one will get a French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, and/or Cantonese dub?
Soul-dragon
said at 2:40 PM on Sat Apr 7 2018
Man this looks great! I really hope they dub this one (and the Persona 4 Golden Animation and Persona 4 Movies) soon since Persona has always been a franchise I've vastly preferred in English.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon