JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Japan Conclusion: Dec 23, 2016

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 39

Animation Studio: David Production

Popularity: 586th All Time, 35th This Week

Franchise: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable Cast

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Narrator

Comments

Soul-dragon
said at 11:11 AM on Sat Jul 7 2018
I can’t wait to see who plays Yoshikage Kira.
Unknownsage13
said at 10:14 PM on Fri Jul 6 2018
Awesome to hear that right after SDC ends we'll get to watch DIU dub! And then around the time DIU dub ends, GW sub will end. So would be cool if the dub could go straight into that. :)
Regomania
said at 9:11 PM on Wed Mar 21 2018
I love Scooby-Doo: The Anime
BronyLove
said at 3:57 PM on Thu Jul 5 2018
@Regomania this is clearly Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy
Regomania
said at 5:38 PM on Wed Jul 11 2018
@BronyLove Ok I will admit, I do see what you're getting at.
King Marth 64
said at 5:23 PM on Sat Jan 20 2018
Since Stardust Crusaders is going to be complete end soon on Toonami. I think they'll might show Diamond is Unbreakable sometime in Toonami with the uncut violence scenes and better reworked drawings of the scenes from the Blu-ray version. Also, I do like to see if Bang Zoom can get Cherami Leigh, Marieve Herington, Greg Chun, Josh Grelle, Marisha Ray, Erica Lindbeck, Lucien Dodge, Erik Scott, Xander Mobus, Max Mittelman, Cassandra Lee Morris, Cristina Valenzuela, Erica Mendez, Chris Hackney, Kyle McCay, Mick Wingert, Marcella Lentz-Pope, Crispin Freeman, Vic Mignogna, Brianna Knickerbocker, and even Veronica Taylor to voice one of the characters in either DIU or the other Parts in the Jojo anime adaption in the future in case if David Productions plans on continue making to Part 5.
King Marth 64
said at 7:17 PM on Sat Jan 20 2018
@King Marth 64 *Erik Kimerer and I forgot to put down Sarah Williams
Nightmare Crusher
said at 2:21 PM on Thu Jan 5 2017
Welp, I just finished this one too. It was a wild ride and I'm a little relieved to finally be caught up. At least until Vento Aureo gets the animated treatment. At least no one can ever bother for not knowing JoJo. Quiet Life: Achieved
Nightmare Crusher
said at 7:23 AM on Wed Dec 28 2016
Man. I just finished Stardust Crusaders and was thinking of taking a break from JoJo. Then I watched just one episode of this and was hooked again. I haven't felt like that since Phantom Blood.

Really glad they just finished this arc so I can go all the way through without worrying about having to wait for new episodes.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 8:24 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@Nightmare Crusher I'm half way through now and I think this is my new favorite part. There's so many things I enjoy here that I could go on for a really long time.

I'll just say something simple. I really like the more creative use of Stands. Stands like Crazy Diamond, Pearl Jam, The Hand, etc. are so much more creative than what was in Stardust Crusaders. It allows for more creative solutions than, "Star Platinum punches something a lot."

I'm really looking forward to seeing Kira in action. Dio is a high bar to reach, the Pillar Men didn't even come close, so I'm looking forward to a more interesting main antagonist. I've heard good things about him.
SNaG
said at 7:43 AM on Mon Jan 2 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Stands are way more interesting from part IV on. In Part III, most stands were more generic offensive abilities, but starting from Part IV, Stands turn into "This is my Stand and that's how I fight with it." Crazy Diamond's applications are pretty ingenious.
SNaG
said at 10:57 AM on Mon Dec 26 2016
Pretty fantastic adaptation.

Too bad Part V is sub-par at best, so it'll be a while before we replicate epicness on this scale. But it'll come.
said at 12:26 PM on Mon Dec 26 2016
@SNaG When Stone Ocean comes it will all be worth it.
SNaG
said at 1:42 PM on Mon Dec 26 2016
@NCZ Definitely! Love Stone Ocean so much, second favorite after Steel Ball Run... Which will also be top notch in anime form. Based David Production.
FUNiman
said at 1:40 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@NCZ Now I'm an "anime pleb" when it comes to Jojo and don't read it, but isn't Part VI, from my understanding, the most controversial of all the arcs? I got the feeling Part V was super beloved at least in Japan. (If your replies are non-spoilery I'd appreciate it.)
said at 2:10 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@FUNiman Part 6 is well-liked. Its characters are among the most popular in the series. Jolyne for example, is usually considered one of the most beloved Jojos.

Part V is actually more controversial, in English-speaking fandom. The issues people have basically involve some underdeveloped characters (mainly Giorno), some murky plot stuff, and an anticlimactic ending. It's not bad but a lot of people generally prefer other chapters.

It did give us one of the most notorious moments in the series though:

Ichigo341578926
said at 2:33 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@NCZ Plus Part 5 is also the most unnecessary to the rest of the series. Given how it is the only part that doesn't affect the rest of the series.
FUNiman
said at 3:15 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@NCZ Ah I see, thanks for the info. Quality response pic fuel if anything else (though I guess the entire series fits that memo so that means little). Regardless, if a Part V anime exists, I'll most certainly watch it.
SNaG
said at 7:44 AM on Mon Jan 2 2017
@NCZ Don't forget King Crimson! It just works.
1dbad
said at 6:10 AM on Thu Jan 5 2017
@SNaG Honestly, I'm still looking forward to Part V's adaptation for the glamor factor alone. That's when Araki first goes all out with the style of the series - with most of the Part's cast looking like they walked off some high-fashion runway.
said at 8:18 AM on Thu Jan 5 2017
@1dbad By Steel Ball Run and Jojolion practically all the characters are mannequins. I love it.

...That said, it looks weird as hell whenever Araki draws his old characters in his current style. The Jojonium covers creep me out.
ShigyC
said at 1:14 PM on Tue Jan 10 2017
The problem with Vento Aureo in English is that the scanlations were horrible, Chinese-to-English translations by somebody who didn't even know Chinese.

So, practically everything you would read in those old scans are made up - you guys didn't get an adequate experience of Part V
SNaG
said at 6:30 AM on Wed Jan 11 2017
@ShigyC I didn't read the old scans. I read the available color ones and the ones by Ignition One, who are good scanlators. NCZ's above comment is basically the TLDR of my Part V problems.
D.A.V.E.
said at 9:32 AM on Sun Dec 25 2016
Goodbye, Morioh!
said at 10:32 PM on Sat Dec 24 2016
It may be over, but what an amazing adaptation that was. Part 4 is my favourite JoJo part, and David easily did it justice. Morikawa as Kira was something I never even thought of, but it was just such perfect casting.

Now, bring on Vento Aureo!
BronyLove
said at 12:05 PM on Sat Oct 1 2016
If they ever dub this I can totally see Antony Del Rio (Pit from Kid Icarus) voicing Koichi
Ichigo341578926
said at 8:43 PM on Fri Aug 26 2016
It's interesting how after all these years Naraku finally beet Inuyasha. Even if it meant he had to do it in a different series.
Bernex
said at 6:48 PM on Thu Dec 8 2016
@Ichigo341578926 don't forget sephirot to cloud
Ichigo341578926
said at 11:32 PM on Thu Dec 8 2016
@Bernex Well played.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 10:56 PM on Tue Dec 27 2016
@Ichigo341578926 & Griffith to, well...Griffith.
D.A.V.E.
@D.A.V.E. 啊
FUNiman
said at 1:45 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@FUNiman
FUNiman
said at 1:46 PM on Sat Dec 31 2016
@FUNiman Ugh tried the abaj thing and failed miserably. Sorry for the waste of space.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon