Brynhildr in the Darkness

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Darkness Dragon
said at 7:41 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
This was a pretty good show,the only downside is its 13 EPs,I would have loved a 20 ep series,heck I would be fine with a second season or movie
Ichigo341578926
said at 2:40 PM on Tue Oct 20 2015
Does anyone know who's voicing Kogoro? He sounds like he might be Jay Hickman but I can't tell for sure.
Ichigo341578926
said at 9:28 PM on Mon Oct 26 2015
@Ichigo341578926 I guess he does.
SageM
said at 8:45 PM on Tue Oct 6 2015
I already watched the full english dub online and while I can't tell who all the dub voices are I do know that Carli Mosier does the dub voice of Mako and Shelly-Calene Black does the dub voice of Miki.

Still trying to figure out the other voices though....
MegaMike1990
said at 9:25 AM on Thu Oct 15 2015
@SageM

If you are talking about who is the voice of "Valkyria", it is not Carli Mosier who plays her (according to the credits)
SageM
said at 7:21 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@MegaMike1990 Actually it is Carli Mosier. I know what she sounds like and it is her. She is probably going by a different name but trust me it is in fact her. And she is called Mako not valkyria.
SageM
said at 7:24 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@MegaMike1990 Compare her voice to Astraea from Heavens Lost Property, and you will see they are voiced by the same person.
SageM
said at 7:28 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@MegaMike1990 Check out the wikipedia entry for Brynhildr in the darkness if you don't believe me, it lists her as Mako.
MegaMike1990
said at 8:30 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@SageM

Wikipedia is not all that reliable to begin with. And, I found out who is the real voice actor for Mako, or Valkyria. I will post the credits in the Anime requests of the Forums
SageM
said at 9:26 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@MegaMike1990 Compare her voice to Astraea, its the exact same person.
SageM
said at 9:32 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@MegaMike1990 its not kira vincent davis, Sentai made a mistake when they credited her. It is carli Mosier. I emailed Sentai and they confirmed it.
MegaMike1990
said at 9:37 PM on Fri Oct 16 2015
@SageM

Sorry about that, will fix the mistake in the forum
MegaMike1990
said at 8:23 AM on Mon Oct 5 2015
Oh, I am so getting this tomorrow when it is released to the US retail stores. Not just because of Jamie Marchi being in this, but I am currently watching the subbed version, and it is very interesting in my opinion.

Also, can't wait to hear Blake Shepard, Jessica Calvello, Emily Neves, Molly Searcy, and relative newcomer Christina Stroup (who played Fil Nilvalen in No Game No Life) voice act in this.
Brett_Robinson
said at 5:53 PM on Wed Sep 9 2015
Maybe someone will ask her about it someday but I'm very interested to know how she finally ended up working on her first Sentai dub.

Did Jamie Marchi finally want more options for work than just FUNimation?

Did Kyle Jones reach out to her?

Did some higher-up at Sentai organize this and it just happened to be a dub Kyle was working on?

Or was this done through normal channels? Talent Agency --> Agent --> Audition --> Recording Schedule

Did Jamie have to audition for Neko Kuroha or was she specifically offered the role?

Was there something special about this anime to entertain the idea of using an out-of-town veteran? Or just happened to be the only show being worked on at the time?

Why did it take 5 years for Sentai to finally cast her? (longer if you include their ADV Films era)

Did Jamie drive to Houston or fly via plane? I believe she spent 2 days there recording. She make 2 trips or stay overnight?

Did requests from fans over social media or email have any influence on casting her?

Would also be interested in knowing from Jamie how the "chase" recording method is and if she caught on quickly or had to take a moment to adjust. Last I heard Sentai doesn't use the industry standard beep system (2 beeps, start recording on the silent 3rd)
Domayv
said at 7:48 PM on Wed Oct 21 2015
@Brett_Robinson here are the possible answers

Question 1: IDK
Question 2: IDK
Question 3: IDK
Questiin 4: Jamie's takent agency covers Dallas (Kim Dawson), she doesn't have one that covers Houston (Houston's man talent agency is Pastorini Talent. I do know, however that Grant George, an LA VA has a Pastorini page)
Question 5: IDK
Question 6: This isn't the first time an out-of-towner appeared in a Sentai dub (Arcana Familglia had Chuck Huber)
Question 7: Jamie got her prime started as ADV was declining. Also, Sentai runs on a tight budget, ao they cant get ou-of-towners in the same way Funimation can.
Question 8: She probably drove there, though it must have been risky.as driving on I-45 between the two cities is a nightmare.
Question 9: Social media and fans have little sway over the casting process.
Question 10: Funimation also uses the chase method.
lazydude500
said at 12:43 PM on Mon Sep 7 2015
If someone told me a year ago that the casts for Sentai dubs would become more interesting than FUNimation dubs I would've laughed at their face and said they were lying.

And yet that's pretty much what happened here.

FUNimation did use some new voices this year but TBH I only find a few of them actually any good; not that it matters since even an iffy VA can still get work if an ADR Director prioritizes things like easy to work with or just likes their personality.

Sentai used a lot of new voices in their dubs too but IMO there's more newcomers overall who have potential and have a really solid foundation. Will certainly be interesting to see the nominees for Breakthrough VA this year. Usually most of the slots are filled by FUNi newcomers but if I were a betting man I believe there's a good chance Sentai newcomers might fill up a lot of the slots this time around.

If FUNimation dubs continue to decline as they have so far this year (while there are some outstanding dubs nobody should be denying that many broadcast dubs could've sound better and were below FUNimation's past high standards) I have absolutely no problem with Jamie Marchi spending more time in Houston with ADR Directors who appreciate and acknowledge her talent.

"Don't it always seem to go. That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone." :D
Omar_Lopez
said at 5:04 PM on Sun Sep 6 2015
Been told this is similar to Elfen Lied; an anime I've been telling myself for years I'll watch but still never got around to doing so.

I don't mind lots of violence or nudity (I liked Gantz) so I think there's a good chance I'll like Elfen Lied and Brynhildr.

Jamie Marchi in a lead (and debut) role for Sentai Filmworks is certainly an extra incentive to watch this sooner rather than later.

Thanks Kyle Jones! Hope you will work together again in the future on another dub (maybe Jamie can work with Janice Williams and Chris Ayres someday too; though the latter I highly doubt, not nearly as ambitious as he used to be) :(
Autovolt
said at 10:33 AM on Sun Sep 6 2015
I'm surprised that this is the show that Jamie Marchi was working on at Sentai. I was expecting it to be Akame Ga Kill (not that i'm a fan of that series).

I haven't been much of a Sentai fan but I'm starting to see they're improving more and more as of late.

Honestly outside of Marchi, I've barely heard any of the cast in anything. Usually one of two shows at best. I never had much of an interest in the show, I may give this show's dub a watch someday.
akersaotome
said at 9:50 AM on Thu Sep 3 2015
Jamie Marchi cast in this anime title is...interesting. Emily Neves cast as Kazumi Schlierenzauer is an eye-brow raiser, especially with Kazumi's; to put mildly, aggressive pursuits.

One scene that made me giggle was a flying kick that was repeated 3 times, shown in 3 different angles; like an 80's Hong Kong martial arts movie. For the bloopers, I really hope the actor in question does 3 different, 80's inspired, attack incidentals with each angle.
akersaotome
said at 10:06 AM on Thu Oct 15 2015
@akersaotome

My goodness. The flying kick moment now has "three different angles, three different sounds". I must congratulate Kyle Jones for that decision. Now there must be an outtake of Blake Shepard doing the flying kick with his own "three different angles, three different sounds", 80's style.
Domayv
said at 7:43 AM on Thu Sep 3 2015
so that was that Sentai show that Jamie Marchi was talking of on twitter
akersaotome
said at 9:24 AM on Thu Sep 3 2015
@Domayv

I'm hoping Marchi did other titles at Sentai beside this one to maximise her time.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon