Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013   #81
TheVengeanceKnight
Senior Member
 
TheVengeanceKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Beware the Batman

I wasn't sure about Magpie prior to watching this, but I ended up really enjoying her. The split-personality thing added a nice bit of depth, and I liked that we got some information about her past. People are calling her a "poor man's Catwoman" but, in my opinion, this version of Magpie is way more interesting than any incarnation of Catwoman. And it's always a delight to hear Grey DeLisle, though I will say that my one problem with the episode is that it was a little too obvious that "Cassie" was indeed Magpie, seeing as Grey voiced both of them.

We also got to see more of Lt. Gordon. Though the CGI model looks weird (he seriously needs to lose weight), writing-wise I like what they've done with him. Batman disappearing while Gordon was talking was great. Seeing the animosity between the two was a nice departure from what's familiar, and somewhere down the line this relationship will develop into what we all know and love. Kurtwood Smith sounds pretty good as him, too.

The brief glimpse of Barbara Gordon was nice, and it was cool that Tara Strong came back to voice her.

My favorite scene was Bruce investigating Ravencroft's office. We've got the key with the ARGUS symbol; that's definitely coming back in the future. Bruce looking at the watch followed by a cut to the guy at the beginning of the episode with a missing watch was a pretty cool bit. But what were they doing in Ravencroft's desk? Were they planted there by Magpie/"Cassie" without her knowing, or maybe Ravencroft's not so innocent after all.

Anthony Ruivivar is growing on me as Batman, and, now that I've heard more, Sumalee Montano sounds pretty good as Tatsu.

Another good episode. Next week seems to be a Katana-focused one, should be awesome.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #82
SupremeTarantulas
Senior Member
 
SupremeTarantulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Age: 31
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Beware the Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
I wasn't sure about Magpie prior to watching this, but I ended up really enjoying her. The split-personality thing added a nice bit of depth, and I liked that we got some information about her past. People are calling her a "poor man's Catwoman" but, in my opinion, this version of Magpie is way more interesting than any incarnation of Catwoman. And it's always a delight to hear Grey DeLisle, though I will say that my one problem with the episode is that it was a little too obvious that "Cassie" was indeed Magpie, seeing as Grey voiced both of them.

We also got to see more of Lt. Gordon. Though the CGI model looks weird (he seriously needs to lose weight), writing-wise I like what they've done with him. Batman disappearing while Gordon was talking was great. Seeing the animosity between the two was a nice departure from what's familiar, and somewhere down the line this relationship will develop into what we all know and love. Kurtwood Smith sounds pretty good as him, too.

The brief glimpse of Barbara Gordon was nice, and it was cool that Tara Strong came back to voice her.

My favorite scene was Bruce investigating Ravencroft's office. We've got the key with the ARGUS symbol; that's definitely coming back in the future. Bruce looking at the watch followed by a cut to the guy at the beginning of the episode with a missing watch was a pretty cool bit. But what were they doing in Ravencroft's desk? Were they planted there by Magpie/"Cassie" without her knowing, or maybe Ravencroft's not so innocent after all.

Anthony Ruivivar is growing on me as Batman, and, now that I've heard more, Sumalee Montano sounds pretty good as Tatsu.

Another good episode. Next week seems to be a Katana-focused one, should be awesome.
I did see her as this show's Catwoman rather than a "poor man's" version. Gordon will probably lay off the donuts once he becomes Comissioner.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #83
TheVengeanceKnight
Senior Member
 
TheVengeanceKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Beware the Batman

News from SDCC: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...liar-franchise

- "Broken" will feature Humpty Dumpty
- Familiar villain with the letter "D" in his/her name will appear in the second half of the season, and be voiced by a fairly well-known actor
- Adam Baldwin will voice Metamorpho
- Emmanuelle Chriqui will voice Sapphire Stagg
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #84
SupremeTarantulas
Senior Member
 
SupremeTarantulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Age: 31
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Beware the Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
News from SDCC: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...liar-franchise

- "Broken" will feature Humpty Dumpty
- Familiar villain with the letter "D" in his/her name will appear in the second half of the season, and be voiced by a fairly well-known actor
- Adam Baldwin will voice Metamorpho
- Emmanuelle Chriqui will voice Sapphire Stagg
Article says it's a he. I think Deadshot or maybe Deathstroke. Didn't say it was strictly Batman.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #85
TheVengeanceKnight
Senior Member
 
TheVengeanceKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Beware the Batman

It doesn't necessarily mean that it starts with "D", though.

A leaked full episode list (link below) has an episode titled "Enigma". People are speculating that RiDdler will appear.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/dc-an...ml#post4136537

I wonder if Harvey Dent counts?
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #86
coolgeek176
Junior Member
 
coolgeek176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 45
Default Re: Beware the Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
It doesn't necessarily mean that it starts with "D", though.

A leaked full episode list (link below) has an episode titled "Enigma". People are speculating that RiDdler will appear.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/dc-an...ml#post4136537

I wonder if Harvey Dent counts?
I hope it's Riddler. He's always been my favorite Batman villain.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #87
SupremeTarantulas
Senior Member
 
SupremeTarantulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Age: 31
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Beware the Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
It doesn't necessarily mean that it starts with "D", though.

A leaked full episode list (link below) has an episode titled "Enigma". People are speculating that RiDdler will appear.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/dc-an...ml#post4136537

I wonder if Harvey Dent counts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek176 View Post
I hope it's Riddler. He's always been my favorite Batman villain.
I can definitely see him working and he is my fav too. I kind of think it may be Cluemaster instead since this is lesser known villains but I hope it's Riddler or even both. Remember the thing about no Sinestro on Green Lantern TAS before it came out? They always cave eventually nowadays. I think "Monsters" may have Man-Bat. Someone speculated "Doppelgänger" and two episodes that air right next to it will introduce an Anti-Batman. My money is on Jean Paul Valley/Azrael.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 07-24-2013 at 01:26 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #88
TheVengeanceKnight
Senior Member
 
TheVengeanceKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Beware the Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I can definitely see him working and he is my fav too. I kind of think it may be Cluemaster instead since this is lesser known villains but I hope it's Riddler or even both. Remember the thing about no Sinestro on Green Lantern TAS before it came out? They always cave eventually nowadays. I think "Monsters" may have Man-Bat. Someone speculated "Doppelgänger" and two episodes that air right next to it will introduce an Anti-Batman. My money is on Jean Paul Valley/Azrael.
The Sinestro thing has to do with not being allowed to due to the movie, while BTB not using A-list rogues is a creative choice.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #89
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 27
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Beware the Batman

A villain with the first letter D.....Deathstroke, Deadshot.....Dent?

I hope it's all of the above.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #90
TheVengeanceKnight
Senior Member
 
TheVengeanceKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Beware the Batman

Clips from this week's episode:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...-the-batman-2/

Anarky at last!
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.