Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 07-22-2013   #81
TheVengeanceKnight

Default Re: Beware the Batman

I wasn't sure about Magpie prior to watching this, but I ended up really enjoying her. The split-personality thing added a nice bit of depth, and I liked that we got some information about her past. People are calling her a "poor man's Catwoman" but, in my opinion, this version of Magpie is way more interesting than any incarnation of Catwoman. And it's always a delight to hear Grey DeLisle, though I will say that my one problem with the episode is that it was a little too obvious that "Cassie" was indeed Magpie, seeing as Grey voiced both of them.

We also got to see more of Lt. Gordon. Though the CGI model looks weird (he seriously needs to lose weight), writing-wise I like what they've done with him. Batman disappearing while Gordon was talking was great. Seeing the animosity between the two was a nice departure from what's familiar, and somewhere down the line this relationship will develop into what we all know and love. Kurtwood Smith sounds pretty good as him, too.

The brief glimpse of Barbara Gordon was nice, and it was cool that Tara Strong came back to voice her.

My favorite scene was Bruce investigating Ravencroft's office. We've got the key with the ARGUS symbol; that's definitely coming back in the future. Bruce looking at the watch followed by a cut to the guy at the beginning of the episode with a missing watch was a pretty cool bit. But what were they doing in Ravencroft's desk? Were they planted there by Magpie/"Cassie" without her knowing, or maybe Ravencroft's not so innocent after all.

Anthony Ruivivar is growing on me as Batman, and, now that I've heard more, Sumalee Montano sounds pretty good as Tatsu.

Another good episode. Next week seems to be a Katana-focused one, should be awesome.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #82
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
I wasn't sure about Magpie prior to watching this, but I ended up really enjoying her. The split-personality thing added a nice bit of depth, and I liked that we got some information about her past. People are calling her a "poor man's Catwoman" but, in my opinion, this version of Magpie is way more interesting than any incarnation of Catwoman. And it's always a delight to hear Grey DeLisle, though I will say that my one problem with the episode is that it was a little too obvious that "Cassie" was indeed Magpie, seeing as Grey voiced both of them.

We also got to see more of Lt. Gordon. Though the CGI model looks weird (he seriously needs to lose weight), writing-wise I like what they've done with him. Batman disappearing while Gordon was talking was great. Seeing the animosity between the two was a nice departure from what's familiar, and somewhere down the line this relationship will develop into what we all know and love. Kurtwood Smith sounds pretty good as him, too.

The brief glimpse of Barbara Gordon was nice, and it was cool that Tara Strong came back to voice her.

My favorite scene was Bruce investigating Ravencroft's office. We've got the key with the ARGUS symbol; that's definitely coming back in the future. Bruce looking at the watch followed by a cut to the guy at the beginning of the episode with a missing watch was a pretty cool bit. But what were they doing in Ravencroft's desk? Were they planted there by Magpie/"Cassie" without her knowing, or maybe Ravencroft's not so innocent after all.

Anthony Ruivivar is growing on me as Batman, and, now that I've heard more, Sumalee Montano sounds pretty good as Tatsu.

Another good episode. Next week seems to be a Katana-focused one, should be awesome.
I did see her as this show's Catwoman rather than a "poor man's" version. Gordon will probably lay off the donuts once he becomes Comissioner.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #83
TheVengeanceKnight

News from SDCC: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...liar-franchise

- "Broken" will feature Humpty Dumpty
- Familiar villain with the letter "D" in his/her name will appear in the second half of the season, and be voiced by a fairly well-known actor
- Adam Baldwin will voice Metamorpho
- Emmanuelle Chriqui will voice Sapphire Stagg
Old 07-24-2013   #84
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
News from SDCC: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...liar-franchise

- "Broken" will feature Humpty Dumpty
- Familiar villain with the letter "D" in his/her name will appear in the second half of the season, and be voiced by a fairly well-known actor
- Adam Baldwin will voice Metamorpho
- Emmanuelle Chriqui will voice Sapphire Stagg
Article says it's a he. I think Deadshot or maybe Deathstroke. Didn't say it was strictly Batman.
Old 07-24-2013   #85
TheVengeanceKnight

It doesn't necessarily mean that it starts with "D", though.

A leaked full episode list (link below) has an episode titled "Enigma". People are speculating that RiDdler will appear.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/dc-an...ml#post4136537

I wonder if Harvey Dent counts?
Old 07-24-2013   #86
coolgeek176

Quote:

A leaked full episode list (link below) has an episode titled "Enigma". People are speculating that RiDdler will appear.

I hope it's Riddler. He's always been my favorite Batman villain.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #87
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek176 View Post
I hope it's Riddler. He's always been my favorite Batman villain.
I can definitely see him working and he is my fav too. I kind of think it may be Cluemaster instead since this is lesser known villains but I hope it's Riddler or even both. Remember the thing about no Sinestro on Green Lantern TAS before it came out? They always cave eventually nowadays. I think "Monsters" may have Man-Bat. Someone speculated "Doppelgänger" and two episodes that air right next to it will introduce an Anti-Batman. My money is on Jean Paul Valley/Azrael.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 07-24-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2013   #88
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I can definitely see him working and he is my fav too. I kind of think it may be Cluemaster instead since this is lesser known villains but I hope it's Riddler or even both. Remember the thing about no Sinestro on Green Lantern TAS before it came out? They always cave eventually nowadays. I think "Monsters" may have Man-Bat. Someone speculated "Doppelgänger" and two episodes that air right next to it will introduce an Anti-Batman. My money is on Jean Paul Valley/Azrael.
The Sinestro thing has to do with not being allowed to due to the movie, while BTB not using A-list rogues is a creative choice.
Old 07-25-2013   #89
Autovolt

A villain with the first letter D.....Deathstroke, Deadshot.....Dent?

I hope it's all of the above.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #90
TheVengeanceKnight

Clips from this week's episode:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...-the-batman-2/

Anarky at last!