Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 06-07-2013   #11
VctrBnsn

Default Re: Phineas and Ferb Mission Marvel

I like Ultimate Nick Fury, but it would be nice if someone at least acknowleged the existence of classic Fury.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #12
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
I think the episode involves traveling through dimensions or something. At least I hope so. I'll probably end up viewing the episode as a standalone episode displaced from continuity. A "What If" if you will.

As a fan of the classic comics, I also dislike the use of movie-Fury. (In the clip, Monogram with an eye patch looks more like Fury than their Fury does.) The classic version is not being used anywhere anymore. Even in the mainstream comics he's been replaced. They claim it's for diversity, but they have many minority characters that they could just use instead or in addition. Sam Jackson's always irritated me, and I don't like seeing him replace a favorite character of mine that has been around since the '60s.

Though on the bright side, it looks like there will be a Stan Lee cameo.
Hmm, Swampy Marsh as Nick Fury...
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013   #13
coolgeek176

Here is some new info.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ab219813000008
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013   #14
VctrBnsn

Peter Stormare as Whiplash sounds cool, but Danny Trejo as Venom? That's some inspired casting.

Old 06-28-2013   #15
TheVengeanceKnight

Ugh, USM/AA cast.

TheVengeanceKnight is out, peace!

Last edited by TheVengeanceKnight; 06-29-2013 at 03:18 AM.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013   #16
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Haters gonna' hate, I think this looks quite entertaining.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #17
Autovolt

Peter Stormare as Whiplash. That is a great casting choice.

Danny Trejo as Venom. It's a casting gag since he voiced Bane in Young Justice, Bane is souped up on Venom. lol
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #18
Austin Harris

I was pretty disappointed, but then again, I didn't have high hopes. I hope that this episode is noncanon. Better to have Marvel and Phineas and Ferb as separate properties.
Austin Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #19
VctrBnsn

It was, alright. It could of been MUCH better, but I guess there was just too much hype. I felt like nothing really made it special, even with these great characters. Nothing about it really surprised me, and I can only think of a handful of clever jokes that made me lol (the 80's Incredible Hulk theme joke got a good laugh out of me).

Phineas also acted way out of character in this one. His anger at Candace seemed really out of place. The voice acting was alright, Peter Stormare wasn't especially great as Whiplash, but it worked. I wished Danny Trejo had more to work with as Venom.

Some of the characters seemed to be animated strangely too, like the animators weren't used to drawing these characters (which is true). Nick Fury seemed especially wonky sometimes.

Overall, I give it a C plus. If they had another 30 or 15 minutes to expand (it seemed very rushed) and a few more Marvel characters (Red Skull but no Cap?) it would of been better.

PS, they're working on a Star Wars crossover now. I wonder how they'll do that....

Old 08-18-2013   #20
Austin Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
PS, they're working on a Star Wars crossover now. I wonder how they'll do that....
Based on this description of the episode, I think the Star Wars one is less of a crossover and more on a "What If" kind of episode.

Quote:
As for the set-up of the episode? Well, the story begins a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away – in summer. Phineas and Ferb are living happily on Tatooine, just one moisture farm over from Luke Skywalker. They love simply hanging out and creating new adventures under the twin suns but find themselves thrust into a global rebellion when the plans for blowing up the Death Star accidentally fall into their hands.

Meanwhile, back on the Death Star, Darth Enshmirtz (a play on Doofenshmirtz), a low level Darth, has created a Force-powered "Sith-inator" that he plans to use against the Rebel Alliance. Agent P, working undercover for the Rebellion, is dispatched to stop him, but quickly gets trapped in carbonite. Then, things take a startling turn when Ferb is accidentally hit by the full blast of Dr. Darth Enschmirtz’s "inator" and becomes...an evil Sith.

Last edited by Austin Harris; 08-18-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Austin Harris is offline   Reply With Quote