Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 05-31-2013   #1
VctrBnsn

Default Phineas and Ferb Mission Marvel

OK, lets talk about this, interesting crossover.

There have been some recent promos confirming the existence of this special. I like Phineas and Ferb, and I like Marvel. But I'm not sure if the two should, crossover. From what I hear, the Marvel heroes already exist in the PaF universe. Does that make sense? Why weren't these guys ever referenced before then? Everytime they refered to superheroes, they always look back at comics (the episode were PaF actually do become superheroes comes to mind.). I think it would be stronger if they were transported to the Marvel universe or something by one of Doof's Inaters, but alternate dimensions are such an overuse cliche in the comic world. But, since we know very little about it, I'll keep an open mind. IDK, I think I am actually looking forward to it.

Now the Marvel characters that are set to appear are Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Red Skull, MODOK, Venom, and Whiplash. More than likely, they will have there Avengers Assemble/Ultimate Spider - Man voices; meaning Adrian Pasdar, Fred Tatasciore, Travis Willingham, Drake Bell, Liam O'Brien, Charlie Adler, and Matt Lanter. IDK who will voice Whiplash, but if he appears in AA, he will probably share that VA.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #2
coolgeek176

Default Re: Phineas and Ferb Mission Marvel

Since I don't like Phineas and Pherb I will most likely hate this.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #3
pokemastanumba1

Question Re: Phineas and Ferb Mission Marvel

Wait, this is going to become a full TV show? I thought it was only a video game.
Old 06-04-2013   #4
Austin Harris

I love Phineas and Ferb, and I love Marvel. But I do not think they should mix. Especially with how Marvel animation is these days and Drake Bell voicing Spider-Man. If this is helmed by Povenmire and Marsh, it may be better. But if the current team writing the new Marvel shows are writing it...

Also, the concept doesn't seem to make any sense to me. The heroes lose their powers, but the Hulk is still in Hulk form, Iron Man still has his armor, and Thor is still able to lift his hammer.
Austin Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #5
TheVengeanceKnight

Uh, no. P&F deserves better than to be associated with the garbage that is the current Marvel Animation.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #6
Mr.Cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
Wait, this is going to become a full TV show? I thought it was only a video game.
It's gonna be a TV special or a movie
Mr.Cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #7
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Harris View Post
I love Phineas and Ferb, and I love Marvel. But I do not think they should mix. Especially with how Marvel animation is these days and Drake Bell voicing Spider-Man. If this is helmed by Povenmire and Marsh, it may be better. But if the current team writing the new Marvel shows are writing it...

Also, the concept doesn't seem to make any sense to me. The heroes lose their powers, but the Hulk is still in Hulk form, Iron Man still has his armor, and Thor is still able to lift his hammer.
Dan and Marsh are writing it, but they are working closely with Marvel writers. So more than likely we'll be seeing some Jeff Loeb in the credits.

The whole idea of them losing there powers but keeping there looks is ridiculous to me too. But, I haven't seen the special, so maybe they have a way around it.

Old 06-07-2013   #8
KurtW95

Saw the preview. Looks terrible. Pity because I love both Phineas and Ferb and Marvel Comics.
KurtW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #9
VctrBnsn

OK, just saw the preview. I was right about the cast, plus we have Chi McBride as Nick Fury again. Half of me is really excited, and half of me is dreading this greatly. I will probably see it anyway.

Wait, does this mean that PaF exist in the AA/USM universe?

Last edited by VctrBnsn; 06-07-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2013   #10
KurtW95

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
OK, just saw the preview. I was right about the cast, plus we have Chi McBride as Nick Fury again. Half of me is really excited, and half of me is dreading this greatly. I will probably see it anyway.

Wait, does this mean that PaF exist in the AA/USM universe?
I think the episode involves traveling through dimensions or something. At least I hope so. I'll probably end up viewing the episode as a standalone episode displaced from continuity. A "What If" if you will.

As a fan of the classic comics, I also dislike the use of movie-Fury. (In the clip, Monogram with an eye patch looks more like Fury than their Fury does.) The classic version is not being used anywhere anymore. Even in the mainstream comics he's been replaced. They claim it's for diversity, but they have many minority characters that they could just use instead or in addition. Sam Jackson's always irritated me, and I don't like seeing him replace a favorite character of mine that has been around since the '60s.

Though on the bright side, it looks like there will be a Stan Lee cameo.

Last edited by KurtW95; 06-07-2013 at 07:38 PM.
KurtW95 is offline   Reply With Quote