Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 05-22-2013   #91
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Avengers Assemble

Managed to catch the first episode, and I didn't think it was too bad, honestly. I'm slightly less disgusted by Pasdar's performance, and the fact that they have Adler and Kaye in it is... *Italian chef gesture*

But I will never, ever take Hawkeye on that stupid "flying over-cycle-thing" seriously. I didn't care for it in the comics, I thought it was laughable in EMH and if it shows up in the live-action movies, I might just blow the soda out of my nose in the theatre.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #92
VctrBnsn

I've only seen a clip so far, and I will say Troy Baker has gotten a lot better as Hawkeye. Travis is OK I guess, need to hear more from him.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #93
coolgeek176

I've seen the premiere and I didn't really like it. Adrian Pasdar was horrible as usual. Liam O'brien did an okay Red Skull. I think he could get better as the series goes along. I actually think he got better as the episode went along. Charlie Adler surprised me as MODOK. I thought he would be a bad choice but he was pretty good. Troy Baker improved as Hawkeye. Travis did okay as Thor. Fred Tatasciore was good as usual. I think he has done better as Hulk though. David Kaye was pretty good as JARVIS. Laura was okay as Black Widow. She sounded kind of bored. Bumper Robinson did a fine job as Falcon. The animation was unimpressive. It didn't seem to move too fluidly. The fight scenes weren't the best. The jokes in it seemed to fall flat. The pacing moved a little too fast too. Overall I do think this series has potential. I think it had a stronger premiere than Ultimate Spider-man.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #94
PsychicVoiceSpy

From what people have been saying here and from the little that I've seen... I'm passing on this show. That doesn't mean I'm judging it to be a pile of crap without giving it a chance, I can just tell that there will likely be nothing in it that would be compelling to me. The animation looks really cheap, the colors are kinda garish at times, Iron Man sounds like crap, the CGI is a total eyesore... just, bleh. I'll just wait it out and see if it gets cancelled in hopes they do something better. I just can't see myself really wanting to sit through even twenty minutes of this for the time being.

If you guys keep watching and you say it gets better then I might check it out at a later date, but for now I just don't care.

Last edited by PsychicVoiceSpy; 05-22-2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Missing period.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #95
SupremeTarantulas

Wow LOeb bs'd us again about this following EMH. Go figure. It's clearly in the same universe as USM sharing the same voices and even character designs especially Trapster judging from his cameo being defeated by Hawkeye. Anyway I think James Rhodes is going to be Iron Patriot in this since it's following the movies or he hasn't become War Machine yet since he's probably quite young hence why Tony suggested the armor for Falcon. Anyway I like Troy's Hawkeye is better now and Adrian's Iron Man is tolerable now.I actually like the show so far and will watch it weekly.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #96
VctrBnsn

Haven't seen it yet, but I think I will watch it just to get my weekly dose of superhero action and good voice acting (for the most part). Now, with so few superhero shows on, I've stooped to watching Ultimate Spider-Man.

("I'm just watching this to hear the voice acting" I delude myself.)

Old 05-23-2013   #97
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
Haven't seen it yet, but I think I will watch it just to get my weekly dose of superhero action and good voice acting (for the most part). Now, with so few superhero shows on, I've stooped to watching Ultimate Spider-Man.

("I'm just watching this to hear the voice acting" I delude myself.)
Here it is
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013   #98
VctrBnsn

My computer is not letting me see it. I guess I'll just watch it when it comes on TV or Youtube. Weird, cause I've seen other stuff on that sight. I watched most of the DC animated movies there.

Old 05-23-2013   #99
pokemastanumba1

Smile Re: Avengers Assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
My computer is not letting me see it. I guess I'll just watch it when it comes on TV or Youtube. Weird, cause I've seen other stuff on that sight. I watched most of the DC animated movies there.
You could try watching it on this website:
Old 05-23-2013   #100
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
You could try watching it on this website:
I guess I need to download latest version of Adobe Flash. Too lazy and not wanting to see the series THAT much. Thanks for the links though.