Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 01-01-2015   #141
Polyester Funk

Default Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015)

There was a rumor going around that Sab Shimono was playing Drift, but who knows how accurate that is. I could see Eric Bauza playing him, which would be cool. Jazz looks nice. Khary Payton is in the cast as Grimlock and Bisk so he could also be Jazz, but I'm open to other guys. Just saying Khary would be a nice choice, which others have said before.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015   #142
DreamMaster08X

Post Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Bauza told me to look out for a big 2015 role of his, and I'm hoping it's in RID. My preference would be Drift, but I'll take Jazz or even a 'Con.
Our wish has apparently been granted.

Also, Troy Baker again.

"Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo: so little time, so much to know!"
~Jeremy Hillary Boob, Ph.D. - Yellow Submarine [1968]

Album of the Week: "Deep Purple In Rock" by Deep Purple
DreamMaster08X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015   #143
Music Meister

Oh my, Jim Cummigs and Eric Bauza? Can't wait
Old 01-02-2015   #144
Polyester Funk

That's a really solid cast. Jim Cummings back on Transformers. He was on Rescue Bots, which I've never watched, but it's cool that he's in the franchise again. Frank Stallone is Thunderhoof, that's certainly on out-of-the-box choice. Some of the new Decepticon names are nice.

I'm a little bummed that one of Drift's Mini-Cons is named Slipstream, cuz that probably means that we won't be getting a Generations toy of the female Seeker as a repaint of Windblade or as a new mold. Oh, well. They are two very different looking characters, so I guess it's still possible.

I'm predicting that Eric Bauza is gonna take the lead on the Drift Voice Compare once he's added. Maybe not, though since the movie was probably seen by a bigger audience that will watch this series. Well see.
Old 01-02-2015   #145
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

'Dat cast.

Looks like this'll be the kind of show that really beefs up the resumes of some all-stars.
Old 01-03-2015   #146
Skullgrin140

I was at first not feeling it for this show, now I'm rather hyped. Because of the show's tone mostly which has me pretty excited, for it returning to more of a Animated/Beast Wars vibe of storytelling with it being a little episodic.

So far everything set up for this show looks rather interesting. The types of Decepticons as well as some of the autobots revealed. Wonderful to see Jazz again which I really hope John Dimaggio hops into that role.

Drift I'm curious about, I hope that Sab Shimano casting isn't something of a false setup because I like the idea of him playing Drift. Providing he plays him in the style of an old Samurai master.
Skullgrin140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015   #147
Polyester Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullgrin140 View Post
I was at first not feeling it for this show, now I'm rather hyped. Because of the show's tone mostly which has me pretty excited, for it returning to more of a Animated/Beast Wars vibe of storytelling with it being a little episodic.

So far everything set up for this show looks rather interesting. The types of Decepticons as well as some of the autobots revealed. Wonderful to see Jazz again which I really hope John Dimaggio hops into that role.

Drift I'm curious about, I hope that Sab Shimano casting isn't something of a false setup because I like the idea of him playing Drift. Providing he plays him in the style of an old Samurai master.
Uh, did you miss the cast list that said Eric Bauza is Drift and Arif S. Kinchen is Jazz?
Old 01-03-2015   #148
Domayv

With the series returning to Cartoon Network, I'm expressing nostalgic sentiment since that's the channel that introduced me to Transformers with Armada and I grew up watching Armada, Energon and Cybertron.

Since Transformers will return to Cartoon Network and that we're past the franchise's 30th anniversary, it would be awesome if CN did an FXX Simpsons-like marathon by airing all of the series that have aired in the US (Transformers 1984 plus its movie, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise 2000 (this time with a new dub recorded at Okratron 5000 and will use the Japanese version as reference and be more faithful to the JP track), the Unicron Trilogy (Armada, Energon, Cybertron; also with new dubs done by Oktratron 5000 and will use the Japanese masters and be more faithful to the JP track as well), Animated, and Prime plus its movie)
Domayv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015   #149
Skullgrin140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyester Funk View Post
Uh, did you miss the cast list that said Eric Bauza is Drift and Arif S. Kinchen is Jazz?
Yeah, sorry about that. I rechecked and got it wrong. Still I am very much excited.
Skullgrin140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015   #150
VoteForSirAtlas
Banned

I am so excited to listen the voice of Constance Zimmer in this Transformers animated television series.
VoteForSirAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote