Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 01-19-2016   #21
Skullgrin140

Default Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Justin Roiland, I think hearing him in an Anime would make it slightly watchable and all the more hilarious.
Skullgrin140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #22
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Post Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanTheVillain01 View Post
Now granted, I'm not too sure if Futterman, Emery, Martella & Stoner have ever done anime dubbing before. Although I do admit, they seem like very interesting choices to do so if they did.

But DiCicco, I know for a fact has had her first foray into the anime dubbing scene last year with a little show called Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. Apparently, she was also some extras in Durarara!! x2 at around the same time.
Futterman was on Tenkai Knights which is in fact an anime, even though it was clearly an American/Japanese co-production. Also yes, I was aware Jessica was on Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works which is why I said in my post "they appeared in AT LEAST one anime title so far" respectively. I don't doubt that Jessica was on Durararax2 as extras since even though it was listed on her twitter description she could've just made the announcement herself.

As for Emery, Martella, and Stoner, they are in fact out of the question especially the former, since Gideon primarily does on-screen acting for recurring and guest appearances and 80% of his voice over work has been primarily on video games. However, Gideon has been involved in a few JRPG titles (Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem: Awakening) and I can imagine some of the unique roles he would provide when voicing either a villainous or heroic character. But alas it all depends on his schedule and interest in the genre, since the payment in ADR dubbing in Anime is very low compared to Video games, commercials and Audiobook narration. As for Vincent Martella and Alyson Stoner, same thing as Gideon Emery on the last sentence, but I wouldn't mind them voicing characters in a Shonen or Slice-of life Comedy title.

Another group of voice actor(s) I wouldn't mind doing Anime voice over work would be Kimberly Brooks and Gwendoline Yeo, although the latter has done a few projects in anime before but not enough in recent years (e.g Zatch Bell, Stitch!, Marvel Anime: Wolverine)

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 01-19-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: More explanation on Gideon Emery, Vincent Martella and Alyson Stoner
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016   #23
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Default Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

John DiMaggio (previously worked on Animaze dubs, & Tekkonkinkreet - very good Utsumi-type voice; would have killed for his Alex Louis Armstrong),

Nolan North (great hero voice, very similar timbre to our own Crispin Freeman),

Jennifer Hale (just look at & listen to her- fantastic action girl)

Hynden Walch (hey, as long as moť is a thing...& she WAS Princess Nia from TTGL...)

RAD (IMO not even so good to be dropping animť auditions)

Any black man (needs more bass)

Clancy Brown (just fantasizing at this point).

And I'd like to hear some/more of:

JYB, Crispin, Todd Haberkorn, Mignogna (does great "character" voices @panels, Wendee Lee, Barbara Goodson, Robert Axelrod, Paul St. Peter/Michael McConnohie, Kirk Thornton, Kyle Hebert, Matt Mercer, Steph Sheh, Cassie Morris, Leigh, Epcar, Patrick Seitz, Monica Rial, Ian Sinclair, Christopher R Sabat, Mike McFarland, Sonny Strait, Alexis Tipton, Carrie Savage, Dan Green/Veronica Taylor (if possible)

in a big WB/Disney/CN/Nick show together...I'd buy a dozen copies - 'cause it'd never happen.

I do think they all are moderately talented, though. Certainly don't dismiss their names on anime dub cast lists.

We will see quite what happens with the recently-relocated Texans- Brina Palencia, Caitlin Glass, Chris Cason, Josh Grelle, & others. Everyone on Xenoblade X, I wish the best of luck to, especially Caitlin's beautiful voice, perfect for a Disney princess. I'm a big fan.

Last edited by huzaifa_ahmed; 01-23-2016 at 02:07 PM.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016   #24
Troodon2

I'd like to hear Dee Bradley Baker, even if he's just doing voices for any animals or monsters.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016   #25
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
I'd like to hear Dee Bradley Baker, even if he's just doing voices for any animals or monsters.

Frank Welker & Dee Bradley Baker doing all the Pokemon...

just the idea is jaw-dropping.

Last edited by huzaifa_ahmed; 01-23-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2016   #26
Jared Delgado

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed View Post
Frank Welker & Dee Bradley Baker doing all the Pokemon...

just the idea is jaw-dropping.
Also, it would be historically epic.
Jared Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016   #27
Troodon2

Or Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings voicing a couple Digimon or even Doreomon.

Also, child actors.
Old 01-25-2016   #28
Spideyfan-0913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
Or Rob Paulsen and Jim Cummings voicing a couple Digimon or even Doreomon.

Also, child actors.
Jim Cummings did play the colonel in the Disney dub of Castle in the Sky. But yeah, he does deserve more roles in anime. Rob Paulsen would be great voicing in anime.

I agree that there should be more child voice actors in anime too, not just in anime films.

I personally would like to see Josh Keaton, Tom Kane, Nicole Sullivan, Cree Summer, Peter MacNicol, Dante Basco, Dee Bradley Baker, Will Friedle, Vanessa Marshall, Nolan North, Jennifer Hale, Ed Asner and Kathleen Barr try at anime.

The following voice actors HAVE been in some anime/anime films, but they deserve more roles:

Tara Strong (Afro Samurai, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away)
Jeff Bennett (Afro Samurai, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Pom Poko, Whisper of the Heart, My Neighbors the Yamadas & Tales from Earthsea)
Keith David (Princess Mononoke)
Clancy Brown (Pom Poko)
John DiMaggio (Afro Samurai, Ninja Scroll, Princess Mononoke, Pom Poko & Tekkonkinkreet)
Kath Soucie (Kiki's Delivery Service, Shin Chan & My Neighbor Totoro)
Mark Hamill (Afro Samurai, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind & Castle in the Sky)
Jason Marsden (Spirited Away & Afro Samurai)
Grey DeLisle (Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, Futari wa Pretty Cure & Afro Samurai)
Phil LaMarr (Afro Samurai)
Kevin Michael Richardson (Afro Samurai & Pom Poko)
James Arnold Taylor (Pokemon, Dinozaurs, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water & Afro Samurai)
Betty White (Ponyo)
Tress MacNeille (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Deilivery Service, My Neighbors the Yamadas & Pom Poko)
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Pom Poko)
J.K. Simmons (Pom Poko)
Spideyfan-0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016   #29
Troodon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdapter View Post
I always wanted to see Clancy Brown in an anime, he has a perfect villain voice thats perfect for anime.
In either Anime, or American Animation, I'd love to hear him in a duo with Jamieson Price. the two should play as brothers.
Old 02-18-2016   #30
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan-0913 View Post

I personally would like to see Josh Keaton, Tom Kane, Nicole Sullivan, Cree Summer, Peter MacNicol, Dante Basco, Dee Bradley Baker, Will Friedle, Vanessa Marshall, Nolan North, Jennifer Hale, Ed Asner and Kathleen Barr try at anime.

John DiMaggio (Afro Samurai, Ninja Scroll, Princess Mononoke, Pom Poko & Tekkonkinkreet)
Kath Soucie (Kiki's Delivery Service, Shin Chan & My Neighbor Totoro)
Mark Hamill (Afro Samurai, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind & Castle in the Sky)
Grey DeLisle (Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, Futari wa Pretty Cure & Afro Samurai)
Phil LaMarr (Afro Samurai)
Kevin Michael Richardson (Afro Samurai & Pom Poko)
James Arnold Taylor (Pokemon, Dinozaurs, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water & Afro Samurai)
Tress MacNeille (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Deilivery Service, My Neighbors the Yamadas & Pom Poko)

Great dream list, but you're forgetting a few things.

Josh Keaton was recently in Laws of the Universe.

Cree was in Karas, as Hynden Walch, notably, was also in.

Basco has actually discussed it with his agents, & discussed it at a fan panel, IDRC exactly.

Friedle (as well as Paulsen & KMR) was in the Batman anime.

Vanessa Marshall was in the Dante's Inferno anime, as, also, were DeLisle, LaMarr, Hamill, & KMR.

Nolan played Tobi/Madara in one of the Naruto games...that's a start.

Hale starred in the Cowboy Bebop movie as Elektra, the villainess, as well as Viz Media's 2nd Naruto movie: Gelel, I believe, it's called. As well as her anime reprisal of Jean Grey.

Barr has been in a few of Ocean's dubs, though I'd definitely like to hear her in more.

John DiMaggio - & Phil LaMarr, who was also in Tekkonkinkreet - (& JAT, Kath, & KMR, as well as the rest of Final Fantasy X's English cast), was also in the Animatrix, as well as Golgo 13, & VHD Bloodlust.

Kath & Grey were also in Vitello's Shin-Chan.

JAT was also in Saint Seiya, Pokemon, Dinozaurs, & Getter Robo Armageddon.

He is an avowed anime fan who mentioned this on a YouTube IIRC that he'd love to be in dubs, if they give them butter budget.

& don't forget, Voltron was also very high-end, with KMR & Tress MacNeille from just your list.

Most everyone here has also been in many more of the Disney Ghibli dubs, which I won't look up

...but there's a lot of them.