Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 06-02-2013   #11
PsychicVoiceSpy

Default Re: Xbox One

And to think people used to complain for hours and hours about how expensive the PS3 was... and then Microsoft went and did this! Nine-hundred dollars! You have to pay a fee for used games AND mandatory online!
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #12
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

One last point, the "must connect to the Internet" DRM shows that companies have learned nothing from either the Diablo III or SimCity fiascos, which is quite frankly disgusting.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #13
thomwim

Because this isn't backwards compatible, I'm sticking with my original Xbox.
Old 06-03-2013   #14
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
One last point, the "must connect to the Internet" DRM shows that companies have learned nothing from either the Diablo III or SimCity fiascos, which is quite frankly disgusting.
Companies need to be smarter than that nowadays. With the internet as it is now, stuff like this will not slip past the majority of their consumers and therefore the consumer has much more control. Trying to control gamers like this is not a smart decision and they will lose money, not make more.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #15
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

Microsoft is basically inviting hackers to break open the console so people can play whatever games they want to. I'm honestly wondering if this is one elaborate prank and Microsoft will reveal the actual system at E3.
Old 06-03-2013   #16
coolgeek176

I have heard nothing about this console has really interested me. I find the tv stuff stupid. The used game fee is horrible. I don't have the best internet connection so the always online would be a problem with me. I honestly don't care for Kinect. The fantasy sports thing doesn't appeal to me at all. The conference was pretty bad for this. It was basically tv, Call Of Duty, and sports. So i'm most likely not going to get one of these. The PS4 seems better. However if it has a used game fee or always has to be connected to the internet. I might just stick with my Wii U.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #17
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek176 View Post
I have heard nothing about this console has really interested me. I find the tv stuff stupid. The used game fee is horrible. I don't have the best internet connection so the always online would be a problem with me. I honestly don't care for Kinect. The fantasy sports thing doesn't appeal to me at all. The conference was pretty bad for this. It was basically tv, Call Of Duty, and sports. So i'm most likely not going to get one of these. The PS4 seems better. However if it has a used game fee or always has to be connected to the internet. I might just stick with my Wii U.
^ This is exactly how I feel. The lack of backward compatibility just kills it for me. I, too will likely be sticking to the Wii U. That console has many good titles coming up like a new Mario Kart.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #18
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
^ This is exactly how I feel. The lack of backward compatibility just kills it for me. I, too will likely be sticking to the Wii U. That console has many good titles coming up like a new Mario Kart.
Not to mention Super Smash Bros, a new Monolith Soft RPG, Sonic Lost World, SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM...

Last edited by NCZ; 06-05-2013 at 01:22 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013   #19
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Not to mention Super Smash Bros, a new Monolith Soft RPG, Sonic Lost World, SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM...
Those too!
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #20
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

Microsoft has apparently gotten rid of the daily check in, but honestly I think it's too little too late. The fact they even considered this nonsense seems like an insult to me. That and Kinect.