Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013   #11
PsychicVoiceSpy
Member
 
PsychicVoiceSpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 502
Default Re: Xbox One

And to think people used to complain for hours and hours about how expensive the PS3 was... and then Microsoft went and did this! Nine-hundred dollars! You have to pay a fee for used games AND mandatory online!
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #12
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?
 
NCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,774
Default Re: Xbox One

One last point, the "must connect to the Internet" DRM shows that companies have learned nothing from either the Diablo III or SimCity fiascos, which is quite frankly disgusting.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #13
thomwim
Senior Member
 
thomwim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,289
Default Re: Xbox One

Because this isn't backwards compatible, I'm sticking with my original Xbox.
__________________
Let's get this show on the road.
thomwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #14
PsychicVoiceSpy
Member
 
PsychicVoiceSpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 502
Default Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
One last point, the "must connect to the Internet" DRM shows that companies have learned nothing from either the Diablo III or SimCity fiascos, which is quite frankly disgusting.
Companies need to be smarter than that nowadays. With the internet as it is now, stuff like this will not slip past the majority of their consumers and therefore the consumer has much more control. Trying to control gamers like this is not a smart decision and they will lose money, not make more.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #15
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Xbox One

Microsoft is basically inviting hackers to break open the console so people can play whatever games they want to. I'm honestly wondering if this is one elaborate prank and Microsoft will reveal the actual system at E3.
__________________
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #16
coolgeek176
Junior Member
 
coolgeek176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 45
Default Re: Xbox One

I have heard nothing about this console has really interested me. I find the tv stuff stupid. The used game fee is horrible. I don't have the best internet connection so the always online would be a problem with me. I honestly don't care for Kinect. The fantasy sports thing doesn't appeal to me at all. The conference was pretty bad for this. It was basically tv, Call Of Duty, and sports. So i'm most likely not going to get one of these. The PS4 seems better. However if it has a used game fee or always has to be connected to the internet. I might just stick with my Wii U.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #17
Fulgore2005
Member
 
Fulgore2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, England
Age: 28
Posts: 517
Post Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek176 View Post
I have heard nothing about this console has really interested me. I find the tv stuff stupid. The used game fee is horrible. I don't have the best internet connection so the always online would be a problem with me. I honestly don't care for Kinect. The fantasy sports thing doesn't appeal to me at all. The conference was pretty bad for this. It was basically tv, Call Of Duty, and sports. So i'm most likely not going to get one of these. The PS4 seems better. However if it has a used game fee or always has to be connected to the internet. I might just stick with my Wii U.
^ This is exactly how I feel. The lack of backward compatibility just kills it for me. I, too will likely be sticking to the Wii U. That console has many good titles coming up like a new Mario Kart.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #18
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?
 
NCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,774
Default Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
^ This is exactly how I feel. The lack of backward compatibility just kills it for me. I, too will likely be sticking to the Wii U. That console has many good titles coming up like a new Mario Kart.
Not to mention Super Smash Bros, a new Monolith Soft RPG, Sonic Lost World, SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM...

Last edited by NCZ; 06-05-2013 at 01:22 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013   #19
Fulgore2005
Member
 
Fulgore2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, England
Age: 28
Posts: 517
Post Re: Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Not to mention Super Smash Bros, a new Monolith Soft RPG, Sonic Lost World, SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM...
Those too!
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #20
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Xbox One

Microsoft has apparently gotten rid of the daily check in, but honestly I think it's too little too late. The fact they even considered this nonsense seems like an insult to me. That and Kinect.
__________________
Nightmare Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.