Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 06-20-2014   #11
solidejake
Top Contributor

Default Re: Capcom is open to being bought out

I'm not sure why, but I feel like I can see Namco or Konami taking in Capcom. If this should serve any example, it's that you might get away with pulling a fast one on your customers once, but gamers aren't stupid, and catch on quick.
Old 06-21-2014   #12
VoteForSirAtlas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidejake View Post
I'm not sure why, but I feel like I can see Namco or Konami taking in Capcom. If this should serve any example, it's that you might get away with pulling a fast one on your customers once, but gamers aren't stupid, and catch on quick.
I would rather prefer Namco due to the famous "Namco X Capcom" video game crossover. If you want the next video game crossover, it would be "Konami X Hudson Soft". Your thoughts?
VoteForSirAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014   #13
rosebr10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteForSirAtlas View Post
I would rather prefer Namco due to the famous "Namco X Capcom" video game crossover. If you want the next video game crossover, it would be "Konami X Hudson Soft". Your thoughts?
You crazy, tovarishch.

...Or should I say TonyTheBomber?

If you really were a fan you would know that Hudson Soft has merged into Konami and thus no longer exists.

Then again, I am speaking to the anarchistic child that tried to convince the world that the music in Bomberman was actually composed by Russians...to no avail, I might add.

Last edited by rosebr10; 06-21-2014 at 05:53 AM.
rosebr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014   #14
Ross123

I think someone buying out Capcom may be a good thing. Hopefully it'll be someone who cares for the fans so we can see MegaMan again along with a couple of other franchises that Capcom quit doing.

Hell, I'd buy out Capcom if I had the money since I care and feel bad for those MegaMan fans that don't get the games they deserve.
Old 06-21-2014   #15
VoteForSirAtlas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebr10 View Post
You crazy, tovarishch.

...Or should I say TonyTheBomber?

If you really were a fan you would know that Hudson Soft has merged into Konami and thus no longer exists.

Then again, I am speaking to the anarchistic child that tried to convince the world that the music in Bomberman was actually composed by Russians...to no avail, I might add.
rosebr10, where did you get the information about the anarchistic child and the music in Bomberman? I want to listen to that wonderful Russian music of Bomberman. Will this wonderful music be post here for my love?
VoteForSirAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #16
SteelEthlan

Question Re: Capcom is open to being bought out

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidejake View Post
Namco already had a merger which it is bandai and konami is already doing fine on their own they don't need a merger.

If capcom do have a merger which has franchises who are recently popular or not well it may be somebody else.
SteelEthlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #17
Metabad

If this happened like...10 years ago, this news would've probably depressed me to no end, but in this day and age all I can say is thank God and it's about time. They really were asking for it for a while now.

Also if Pokejedservo is right, then I'm relieved that the likes of EA, Microsoft, and Activision can't possibly buy them out. All we need now is a company that will buy them out and give their franchises more respect than they've been giving them. I'm hoping it'll be Nintendo, but on the other hand it would be pretty interesting if Konami bought them out, especially since they've had a few crossovers with their Battle Network and Boktai series.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S GONNA TAKE A FALL, COME AT ME, DUDE!"
Metabad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #18
SteelEthlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabad View Post
If this happened like...10 years ago, this news would've probably depressed me to no end, but in this day and age all I can say is thank God and it's about time. They really were asking for it for a while now.

Also if Pokejedservo is right, then I'm relieved that the likes of EA, Microsoft, and Activision can't possibly buy them out. All we need now is a company that will buy them out and give their franchises more respect than they've been giving them. I'm hoping it'll be Nintendo, but on the other hand it would be pretty interesting if Konami bought them out, especially since they've had a few crossovers with their Battle Network and Boktai series.
Nintendo i doubt cause they already had subsidiaries and teams they may have the sales problem with the wii u but the games themselves it more than makes up for screw ups they did (Even though some of them didn't rise the wii u sales really higher but whatever)

Konami on the other hand, Like i thought that they are doing fine on their own i didn't know that they did a crossover games like in battle network and boktai and that it might work if they cooperate with each other to save each other's butt from the financial problems or stuff like that and when this happens their companies name might be Konami Capcom Holdings Co. if it suits both companies name better.

But like the few other merged companies they can do their own franchise themselves in separate ways if this works out but that's just my ideas.

Call it too soon but hey who knows?

Last edited by SteelEthlan; 06-28-2014 at 08:51 PM.
SteelEthlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #19
Pokejedservo

I am a little uncertain regarding Konami, their games are good but there is how they basically treated Hudson Soft after Konami bought them a while back.
Pokejedservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #20
Metabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelEthlan View Post
Nintendo i doubt cause they already had subsidiaries and teams they may have the sales problem with the wii u but the games themselves it more than makes up for screw ups they did (Even though some of them didn't rise the wii u sales really higher but whatever)
True, but I have a strong feeling that as soon as some more prominent games for the Wii U come out (especially the new Smash Bros. game) sales for the Wii U will most likely skyrocket.

Quote:
Konami on the other hand, Like i thought that they are doing fine on their own i didn't know that they did a crossover games like in battle network and boktai and that it might work if they cooperate with each other to save each other's butt from the financial problems or stuff like that and when this happens their companies name might be Konami Capcom Holdings Co. if it suits both companies name better.
If I remember correctly Battle Network 4, 5 and 6 all had crossovers with Boktai. Although 6 might've been in Japan only, but I think some references did carry over in the North American release. But yeah, I always thought it was interesting the way they did that, which is probably why I can see Konami buying Capcom working if they were willing to co-operate with each other that much. Then again that was some time ago, so maybe the relationship has changed between them since then, but you never know.

Quote:
But like the few other merged companies they can do their own franchise themselves in separate ways if this works out but that's just my ideas.

Call it too soon but hey who knows?
Yeah that's how I see it too, I feel it could definitely work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokejedservo View Post
I am a little uncertain regarding Konami, their games are good but there is how they basically treated Hudson Soft after Konami bought them a while back.
I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to Hudson Soft I admit, so you'll have to forgive me if I sound ignorant here, but how exactly did Konami treat them after they bought them out?

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S GONNA TAKE A FALL, COME AT ME, DUDE!"
Metabad is online now   Reply With Quote