Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 04-27-2013   #21
SupremeTarantulas

Default Re: Pokemon Black & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSD View Post
Exactly, though I'm pretty sure they used stock footage of him as Gary in that game. lol.

I'm getting the impression he's going for an aged Gary like you did in last week's episode, as opposed to a Zagnit impression like he used to. Regardless, his voice doesn't fit Professor Oak in my eyes, but I get the same vibe as you on that one.

Anyway, from what I've heard about today's episode, N's voice is better in the anime than in the BW2 trailer. Apparently they got Nicholas DiMichele (some guy off the street- doesn't surprise me considering Tom's track-record of this in BW) to do N. Funny enough, I heard he does a good N compared to how Tom Wayland did him in the trailer. I'll have to hear DiMichele for myself to judge his voice for the role.
According to Gary's page it was some guy named Matthew Mitler.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...emon/Gary-Oak/

Other than Gary Blaine is the only character who's VA didn't reprise the role.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #22
pokemastanumba1

Wink Re: Pokemon Black & White

Nicholas DiMichele confirmed that he is the voice of N in his resume. If you missed the episode today, you should hopefully be able to look it up on Dailymotion (or maybe somewhere else) later this week.

As for both Nanette and James's Amoonguss from last week's episode, there's still no word on their English VAs (yet). I would guess it's Kether Donohue and Bill Rogers, respectively.
Old 04-27-2013   #23
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
According to Gary's page it was some guy named Matthew Mitler.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...emon/Gary-Oak/

Other than Gary Blaine is the only character who's VA didn't reprise the role.
Nice. Never knew Matt played Gary.

Wonder who voiced Blaine besides Michael Haigney. ?

Funny enough, Mitler's had an off and on thing with Pokemon. He started from S1, left in S3, returned in S9, and departed the franchise thereafter.

Anyway @Pokemastanumba1, I think you have a good ear for those two. I'd honestly guess you are right on those two characters' VAs.

As for DiMichele...I gotta hand it to him and Tom: I think he is an excellent N. One of the best castings from TPCi in a long time. I am honestly shocked...very pleased with them, but shocked after the last episode, how they managed to turn themselves around. Of course, TRio is...the same as last episode (back in DP mode-- ugh), but I braced myself for them this time. rofl.

Last edited by JSD; 04-28-2013 at 11:06 AM.
JSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #24
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSD View Post
Nice. Never knew Matt played Gary.

Wonder who voiced Blaine besides Michael Haigney. ?

Funny enough, Mitler's had an off and on thing with Pokemon. He started from S1, left in S3, returned in S9, and departed the franchise thereafter.

Anyway @Pokemastanumba1, I think you have a good ear for those two. I'd honestly guess you are right on those two characters' VAs.

As for DiMichele...I gotta hand it to him and Tom: I think he is an excellent N. One of the best castings from TPCi in a long time. I am honestly shocked...very pleased with them, but shocked after the last episode, how they managed to turn themselves around. Of course, TRio is...the same as last episode (back in DP mode-- ugh), but I braced myself for them this time. rofl.
Didn't bother linking it but Ted took over Blaine in the game and Matt also played Butch in the game.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 04-28-2013 at 12:43 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #25
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Didn't bother linking it but Ted took over Blaine in the game and Matt also played Butch in the game.
Nice. Thanks for the information.

Anyway, today's dub episode was...good, IMO! Yeah, it didn't suck. Sure TRio are still stuck in DP Dr. Seuss mode, but all in all, N's voice was excellent, the dub intro was updated and improved, and the VAs did a solid job this time around.

Gotta give it an 8/10.
Old 04-28-2013   #26
zigkatts

Hey guys! Nicholas DiMichele here; voice of N! Glad it sounds like you liked the work we did. Hope you enjoy the rest of the arc!
zigkatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #27
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigkatts View Post
Hey guys! Nicholas DiMichele here; voice of N! Glad it sounds like you liked the work we did. Hope you enjoy the rest of the arc!
Wow, I'm flattered you responded to this forum, Mr. DiMichele. Best of luck to you guys on the rest of Episode N. Thanks for stopping by!

Wow, my opinion of this VA just keeps rising. XD.
Old 04-29-2013   #28
pokemastanumba1

Talking Re: Pokemon Black & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigkatts View Post
Thank you Mr. DiMichele! Always great to hear from the professionals in the business every now and then, and that you're really dedicated to all the hardwork you all do. I'll definitely be sure to keep up with all the new BW episodes coming up.
Old 04-29-2013   #29
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
Thank you Mr. DiMichele! Always great to hear from the professionals in the business every now and then, and that you're really dedicated to all the hardwork you all do. I'll definitely be sure to keep up with all the new BW episodes coming up.
Yeah! I'm really impressed with Mr. DiMichele. I honestly had him pictured all wrong a few days ago. I was just expecting a standard, average performance out of some random VA I'd never heard of before, to be blunt, but I thought he really went above and beyond this episode.

What did you think of last Saturday's episode?
Old 04-29-2013   #30
zigkatts

Hah, well, you know, I think I set up a Google alert for myself a while back and it caught this thread; couldn't help from jumping in!

Was really fun to see the episode come out... it's always chaotic (but fun) in the studio, so I never really know how it turns out! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it with you guys... I haven't seen anything in months since we wrapped!

I'm super-touched you guys think it came out well. It's a whole new beast doing dubbing; very hard to get into the zone under all the constraints of the mouth flaps, etc, so it means a lot to hear you guys think it sounds good in the end! You're the people that would know!
zigkatts is offline   Reply With Quote