Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 04-23-2013   #41
VctrBnsn

Default Re: Teen Titans GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsTuxedo View Post

I know I shouldn't be mad if this series does turn out successful in spite of the lackluster quality, but what worries me most is that this'll quite likely hurt future efforts for more lighthearted or comedic superhero series; people are going to be looking at this and go "I knew superheroes and funny would never work together! Bring back our stone-faced Nolan stuff!", and as someone currently co-creating a DC fan-comic as a way of bringing some sense of life and fun to the universe, that makes me uncomfortable.
Cool to see someone who's not dead set on superheroes being stone cold serious. They are superheroes, a little fun is needed once and a while. That's what the original Teen Titans and Batman the Brave and the Bold gave us. Heck, even Superhero Squad was enjoyable. Wel, I'll just have to see if this show will be worth watching. I won't be able too see it today, but hopefully I can find it on the internet soon.
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #42
CatsTuxedo

Indeed, I do have to wonder where that attitude even came from in the first place. I hear that ages ago in the comic industry there was a heavy backlash against anything resembling camp after the Adam West Batman show ended, but that was before any of our times. I think I'll go with the theory presented by UltimateCharm and guess that the modern fanboys' mindset comes from being spoiled by all the serious stuff they've been getting for the past two decades; whether it be good or bad, if it's serious, they'll eat it up.

May or may not post my final thoughts on this new show after I see it this evening.
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #43
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Indeed, I do have to wonder where that attitude even came from in the first place. I hear that ages ago in the comic industry there was a heavy backlash against anything resembling camp after the Adam West Batman show ended, but that was before any of our times. I think I'll go with the theory presented by UltimateCharm and guess that the modern fanboys' mindset comes from being spoiled by all the serious stuff they've been getting for the past two decades; whether it be good or bad, if it's serious, they'll eat it up.

May or may not post my final thoughts on this new show after I see it this evening.
It's actually not a bad show. I mean, granted, it isn't as good as Teen Titans was by any means (IMO, of course, it may just be me). It is somewhat funny, but sometimes the jokes come off as generic and bland. There are some hilarious moments, like when Starfire went to Blackfire to babysit her nephews (I won't spoil anymore to you than that), but for the most part it's a mixed bag for me. I'd lean towards it being a good show, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
Cool to see someone who's not dead set on superheroes being stone cold serious. They are superheroes, a little fun is needed once and a while. That's what the original Teen Titans and Batman the Brave and the Bold gave us. Heck, even Superhero Squad was enjoyable. Wel, I'll just have to see if this show will be worth watching. I won't be able too see it today, but hopefully I can find it on the internet soon.
I'd agree with 2 out of 3 of those shows being good for my taste (Superhero Squad is a great one; Teen Titans was a superb one, IMO). Batman the Brave and the Bold, though...ugh...I just don't like seeing the Dark Knight like that. I honestly didn't like that show, and I'm glad we're getting a darker take on things in that case. After something as epic as The Batman, I was expecting so much more than these cheap one-liners from Diedrich Bader, these...eccentric team-ups, and a lack of any sort of continuity between missions. It's not a bad show; heck, it's even a good show. It just didn't work with me. XD.

Last edited by JSD; 04-23-2013 at 03:12 PM.
JSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #44
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:

Tonight? Guess I forgot. I think I'll wait for the reviews here before watching online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSD View Post
It's actually not a bad show. I mean, granted, it isn't as good as Teen Titans was by any means (IMO, of course, it may just be me). It is somewhat funny, but sometimes the jokes come off as generic and bland. There are some hilarious moments, like when Starfire went to Blackfire to babysit her nephews (I won't spoil anymore to you than that), but for the most part it's a mixed bag for me. I'd lean towards it being a good show, though

I'd agree with 2 out of 3 of those shows being good for my taste (Superhero Squad is a great one; Teen Titans was a superb one, IMO). Batman the Brave and the Bold, though...ugh...I just don't like seeing the Dark Knight like that. I honestly didn't like that show, and I'm glad we're getting a darker take on things in that case. After something as epic as The Batman, I was expecting so much more than these cheap one-liners from Diedrich Bader, these...eccentric team-ups, and a lack of any sort of continuity between missions. It's not a bad show; heck, it's even a good show. It just didn't work with me. XD.
It was based on TBATB that have Batman team up with other heroes. It was also based on the classic comics. A storyline wouldn't have hurt though.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #45
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Tonight? Guess I forgot. I think I'll wait for the reviews here before watching online.

It was based on TBATB that have Batman team up with other heroes. It was also based on the classic comics. A storyline wouldn't have hurt though.
True. I don't think I even got into the classic comics myself, though. I always liked that darker BTAS and Batman Beyond feel of recent eras of the series.
Old 04-23-2013   #46
VctrBnsn

What I have seen of it so far I actually fully enjoyed. Wait a couple days or so to hear my full consensus.
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #47
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
What I have seen of it so far I actually fully enjoyed. Wait a couple days or so to hear my full consensus.
Cool. Glad you like what you've seen.
Old 04-23-2013   #48
CatsTuxedo

Well, after watching the first episode, I will say the show does have some promise. Still wish the character design was better, but I can tell the animators are doing the best with what they've been given. And it's a shame because the voice acting's very fun and well-done. It just needs visuals that're a bit more flexible and organic to really complement it.

Overall, I think I can stand to give this a few episodes more.
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #49
JSD
Banned

Quote:
Well, after watching the first episode, I will say the show does have some promise. Still wish the character design was better, but I can tell the animators are doing the best with what they've been given. And it's a shame because the voice acting's very fun and well-done. It just needs visuals that're a bit more flexible and organic to really complement it.

Overall, I think I can stand to give this a few episodes more.
Gotta agree. The character design is what took me the most time to get used to.
Old 04-23-2013   #50
coolgeek176

I just watched the premiere. I must say that I hate it. I didn't think the jokes were funny. I didn't like the character designs either.
coolgeek176 is offline   Reply With Quote