Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 1 Day Ago   #261
IMB

Default Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMB View Post
I've seen a lot of random people hope they'll get the Vancouver actors back for the reprisals. I see no reason to believe that'll happen with a nonunion Bang Zoom dub. I'd be surprised if they even got Kaye back, though part of me thinks they would just to say, "Hey, we know InuYasha had a completely different cast, here's one of them lol."
Ben Diskin says Yashahime's dub is unionized, so Kaye's teases won't go to waste. As for everyone else ...

Maybe Viz and Bang Zoom will surprise us with the second SAG and ACTRA anime series dub? I wouldn't bet on that, but it's not impossible now. I would've preferred the entire thing be recorded in Vancouver (this thread wouldn't exist if there was an abundance of modern Vancouver anime dubs) but since that's not happening, at least having the returning characters would be nice.

(For those curious, the only cross-border unionized anime dub I know of is Supernatural: The Animation. That was mainly recorded in Montreal but they got Jared Padalecki to reprise and had Jensen Ackles return for two episodes.)
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote