Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > DVD Releases

DVD Releases Discuss the latest DVD releases, special features or easter eggs.

Old 11-12-2017   #1
Janey4319

Talking Yu-Gi-Oh! DSoD; Revolutionary Girl Utena

With the Blu-Ray / DVD release, they included an interview with Dan Green, an interview with Eric Stuart, and the main cast (Dan Green, Eric Stuart, Wayne Grayson, Ted Lewis, Amy Birnbaum, and Greg Abbey) describing their favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! memories. I highly recommend checking it out if it sounds interesting to you!

I'm thinking that this kind of special feature may become more common in anime, because apparently, the remastered collector's set for Revolutionary Girl Utena (link here) also seems to include interviews with some cast members (Japanese and English).
"... behind the scenes of the movie with the English cast, and interviews with Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, Tomoko Kawakami (“Utena”), Yuriko Fuchizaki (“Anthy”), and the English cast."
I'm really excited to see which members of the cast they interviewed -- it was dubbed a while ago!

I'm hoping to get the Utena set for Christmas, so I'll follow up then!
Janey4319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017   #2
RetroPokeFan
Banned

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! DSoD; Revolutionary Girl Utena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey4319 View Post
With the Blu-Ray / DVD release, they included an interview with Dan Green, an interview with Eric Stuart, and the main cast (Dan Green, Eric Stuart, Wayne Grayson, Ted Lewis, Amy Birnbaum, and Greg Abbey) describing their favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! memories. I highly recommend checking it out if it sounds interesting to you!

I'm thinking that this kind of special feature may become more common in anime, because apparently, the remastered collector's set for Revolutionary Girl Utena (link here) also seems to include interviews with some cast members (Japanese and English).
"... behind the scenes of the movie with the English cast, and interviews with Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, Tomoko Kawakami (“Utena”), Yuriko Fuchizaki (“Anthy”), and the English cast."
I'm really excited to see which members of the cast they interviewed -- it was dubbed a while ago!

I'm hoping to get the Utena set for Christmas, so I'll follow up then!
Speaking of the DSoD stuff, there's no extras on the UK Manga release unfortunately so we miss out on some of the interviews on the US Anchor Bay release.
RetroPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017   #3
Janey4319

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPokeFan View Post
Speaking of the DSoD stuff, there's no extras on the UK Manga release unfortunately so we miss out on some of the interviews on the US Anchor Bay release.
Oh darn, that sucks.

Last edited by Janey4319; 11-17-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2018   #4
Janey4319

Update: I still don't have it. If anyone does or knows someone who does, could you tell me what English voice actors are featured so I can know if I should buy it?

Also, I recorded the voice actor related features from DSoD (by record I mean filmed my TV with my phone because I don't have a BluRay Drive). I uploaded them here. Please don't abuse these, I only uploaded them to share with my friends here at BTVA