Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Anime

Anime Discuss everything in the world of Anime here.

Old 11-06-2012   #1
Jackson_H
Administrator

Default Anime Adaptation Wish List

I'm a pretty big anime geek that I even have my own wishlist of anime adaptations.

I can now cross Dragon Ball Kai's Buu Saga off my list.

Here's some other stuff I'd like to see in the future:

*Aflame Inferno (one of many Im Dall Young titles)

*Akagi season 2 (apparently the same match from the end of season 1 is STILL going on in the manga! Lots of crazy stuff happens though)

*Attack on Titan (killer giants vs humanity, what's not to like?)

*B Gata H Kei season 2 (apparently didn't sell well in Japan but never say never)

*more Berserk (I really hope after the third Golden Age movie, fans will finally get to see brand new material adapted)

*Battle Royale (survival anime seems to be popular since there has been a lot the past few seasons and apparently Hunger Games is a big deal worldwide which some say ripped off Battle Royale. Manga was fantastic! I'd like to see an anime adaptation of that)

*Beelzebub remake (IMO the most underrated Shonen Jump manga series. Hopefully a faithful anime adaptation someday)

*Beelzebub movie (it would be probably original and not necessarily great but almost every other major shonen jump series has an anime movie. BUT the movie could be a proper adaptation of Akumano Academy Arc which was cut short in the anime)

*Bleach final season (when the manga ends hopefully the final arc gets anime treatment)

*Blue Exorcist remake (hopefully a faithful and longer adaptation someday)

*The Breaker (probably one of the best manhwa series I've ever read. Anyone who liked History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi would like this too)

*Cage of Eden (I'm pretty sure this will get an anime when the manga ends which seems to be close to ending. It's kind of a combination of ABC's Lost & Jurassic Park. Great series!)

*Claymore remake (Once the manga ends I hope there will be a faithful anime adaptation)

*Deadman Wonderland season 2 (sold TERRIBLY in Japan so there's basically no hope but maybe overseas sales will convince TPTB to make another season)

*Freezing season 2 (the best is yet to come!)

*Fruits Basket remake (apparently the author hated that the anime had an original ending and that's why there hasn't been a remake. Maybe someday she'll change her mind)

*Gantz remake (manga is almost over and every fan hated the original ending of GONZO's anime adaptation. The best missions haven't been animated yet. I hope for an announcement of a anime remake the moment the manga ends)

*Great Teacher Onizuka remake (like many series was faithful except for the final episodes which was an original ending. Lots more manga material to be covered and TPTB could even squeeze in "Shonan 14 Days". The live-action TV Specials always get huge ratings so there's obviously still a lot interest in the franchise)

*Hajime no Ippo/Fighting Spirit season 3 (Almost 1000 manga chapters and only a small portion has been adapted into anime)

*High School of the Dead season 2 (do I need a reason? Everyone wants another season! Unfortunately the manga has been on hiatus for A LONG time but there's still enough material to make another season)

*Holyland (another great martial arts/fighting story but unfortunately the norm for anime Japan is making these days seems to be cute girls doing cute things )

*Kaiji season 3 (after watching Akagi I'm ready for the Mahjong portion of the Kaiji manga in anime form; Mahjong sounds boring but Akagi wasn't)

*Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple season 2: Yomi & Yami arcs (I'm hoping there will be a new season after these OVAs are done. DofD tournament arc seems like the perfect place to start a new season)

*Koimoku (Bakuman + fanservice = will probably be popular)

*Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa (probably the most hilarious and yet depressing manga I've read in a while. Unfortunately the character designs aren't very attractive and Japan's otaku would rather have anime with high school girls doing nothing instead of a 40-year old man with an interesting personality...)

*Noblesse (another great manhwa series!)

*Nyan Koi! season 2 (I really liked the first season and would like to see a season 2)

*Onihime Vs (Anime might give it proper closure compared to the rushed manga ending)

*Re:Birth – The Lunatic Taker (another Im Dall Young title)

*Rosario+Vampire remake (both seasons by GONZO really messed up the manga's story. When the manga ends I hope it gets a faithful adaptation)

*Seizon Life (manga was short but great. A 12-13 episode anime is more than enough to adapt the entire series)

*Sekirei season 3 or an OVA/Movie (Because it caught up with the manga too quickly the anime rushed and ruined the best arc with Uzume. I'd like there to be an OVA or Movie to serve as a "Director's Cut" or Alternate version for the Uzume arc before a season 3 gets made which may not happen until the manga ends)

*Slayers season 6 (everyone wants more Slayers!)

*Soul Eater remake (I haven't finished watching the anime yet but I heard the ending is original and is very disappointing. Manga is still ongoing so maybe a remake in a few years)

*Triage X (anyone who liked High School of the Dead would probably like this, same creators)

*Unbalance x Unbalance (another Im Dall Young title)

*Vinland Saga (anyone who likes Berserk will like Vinland Saga)

*The Yagyu Ninja Scrolls (a great & underrated manga series and a sequel to Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls; one of the few anime GONZO actually did a great job with)

Well that's my wishlist. What would you like to see get an anime adaptation?

A manga you like? Light novel? Video Game? Remake? More seasons?

Last edited by Jackson_H; 07-22-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #2
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Anime Adaptation Wish List

I would say Sailor Moon, but there would be a new anime of it released next year, so that's off the list. Here are a few I would like:

Fist of the North Star- I would like the idea of a redub/remake considering the original anime only had 36 episodes dubbed. I don't mind who dubs it be it the original cast, the movie cast or the Sentai cast from Legends of the Dark King. Some actors from all three casts would be perfect IMO.

World of Warcraft- As big as Warcraft is as a video game series and with the novels/guides, I certainly don't see why it shouldn't have an anime series. I'm sure it can be as interesting as the game series itself. I mean, there are people who got hooked on Warcraft after seeing South Park's "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode, and that was just a spoof/parody.

Ranma 1/2- One of those animes I definitely think needs a remake or more seasons at least. In its time, Ranma definitely had its fair share of silly and funny moments.

Tenchi Muyo!- In my opinion, I think Tenchi Muyo! needs more attention. Perhaps a remake or more episodes could help.

Berserk!- Would love to see another season or two. Maybe it will happen if the future films are successful.

Mortal Kombat- I would love to see Mortal Kombat get an anime series. They done it for SFIV. And considering MKvDCU and MK9 had some anime actors like Josh Phillips, Taliesin Jaffe, Matthew Mercer and Michael McConnohie, I'm sure they could make it interesting.

Akira- My first and favourite anime film. The only thing it has besides the film itself were a few games that were considered poor. Would like an anime series that covered events that happened before and/or after the film.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #3
Jackson_H
Administrator

Default Re: Anime Adaptation Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
Fist of the North Star- I would like the idea of a redub/remake considering the original anime only had 36 episodes dubbed. I don't mind who dubs it be it the original cast, the movie cast or the Sentai cast from Legends of the Dark King. Some actors from all three casts would be perfect IMO.
Actually this kind of already is an option

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of...he_True_Savior

Obviously some things are cut out but overall it covers most of the major events & fights.

I'm surprised Sentai Filmworks hasn't licensed these movies yet. My guess is maybe the license cost is too high and they can't afford it at the moment.
Old 11-11-2012   #4
Fulgore2005

Smile Re: Anime Adaptation Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_H View Post
Actually this kind of already is an option

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of...he_True_Savior

Obviously some things are cut out but overall it covers most of the major events & fights.

I'm surprised Sentai Filmworks hasn't licensed these movies yet. My guess is maybe the license cost is too high and they can't afford it at the moment.
Really? I didn't even know the franchise had OVAs. Still, I'd like to see them dubbed even if they are a looser covering of the anime/manga's fights.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #5
Jackson_H
Administrator

I can now cross off Attack on Titan.

Keep it up Japan and adapt stuff I like!
Old 01-01-2013   #6
the Skinny

I'd like to see more of:

-Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Season 2)
-High School of the Dead (Season 2)
-Cromartie High School (Season 2)
-Genshiken (Season 3)
-Slayers (Season 6)
-Ranma 1/2 (Season 8)
-Vampire Hunter D (more films)
-GoldenBoy (either more OAV's or actual series?)
the Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013   #7
AngelOfDarkness

Talking Re: Anime Adaptation Wish List

[The things that i REALLY want to see are:[LIST] Black Butler remake (dont get me wrong, i liked it but the manga is waaaaayy better to me)
[*]Case Closed: THEY NEED TO FINISH THE ENGLISH VERSION
[*]Case Closed Movies: If not the episodes than at least the movies
[*]Rosario+Vampire remake
[*]Fruits Basket remake: the manga is soooo much better
[*]Gakuen Alice: I reallllly want an english dub
[*]Ouran High School Host Club: i liked it but the manga storyline is better
[*]HETALIA CHARACTER SONGS (ya it might sound strange in english but i still want to hear it)[/SIZE]
AngelOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013   #8
Jackson_H
Administrator

I can now cross Freezing season 2 off my list.

I wonder if Japanese producers are lurking and reading this thread

(obviously not but it would be cool if they were, but it's not like demand & wishes accomplish anything, it's all about profit and it seems season 1 sold well)
Old 07-22-2013   #9
Nyxira

Ah, I know, right? I really want Ranma 1/2 to get a revamp.

Personally, I'd also like some of the great one-shots like Double Arts to get good anime adaptions.
Nyxira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #10
Jackson_H
Administrator

lmao

I can now cross off Fighting Spirit/Hajime no Ippo season 3 off my list

I wonder what will be next?

*Also added the following to my list

Akagi season 2

Kaiji season 3