Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Anime

Anime Discuss everything in the world of Anime here.

Old 07-24-2018   #1
Marakutanay

Default Boruto coming to Toonami

Boruto is coming sooner than I expected. Interesting that they start dubbing Boruto while they still haven't finished Shippuden, but at least now the gap between sub and dub won't be that long. Looking forward to hear the english voices of the new generations of ninja. I expect to see the like of Chris Niosi, Erica Lindbeck and Erik Kimerer among others.

Last edited by Marakutanay; 07-24-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Marakutanay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018   #2
Frontier

Default Re: Boruto coming to Toonami

Have they finished dubbing all of Sailor Moon (I can only think they still haven't dubbed at least one or two of the movies)? So aside from the returning Naruto cast we'll be seeing some of the VA's from that (specifically Robbie Daymond and Cherami Leigh) returning to another long-runner.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018   #3
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

This rules.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018   #4
Marakutanay

So I totally missed this. We have reprisals of course and it shows Iwabe and Kawaki english voices.
Old 09-28-2018   #5
Marusero

"The Hidden Lead Village is getting more and more modern." That was Max Mittelman as Konohamaru, right? Also, does anyone know who said, "And, of course, starting tomorrow, we still have to attend that old-fashioned ninja academy."?
Marusero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018   #6
Marakutanay

Both are Shikadai/Todd.
Old 09-29-2018   #7
CRE040295
Banned

I hope the TV ratings for Boruto and other Toonami shows will performed better with kids, pre-teens and womens (both teens and adults) than Toonami's new target demographic which it aims at teens and adults (both sexes) in general. Because, due to being popular with attracting the wrong demographics according to JohnsonDayPool, The Mysterious Mr. Enter, CatsTuxedo, Vailskibum94, PhantomStrider, Nielsen ratings and Toonami's official Reddit page for obvious reasons! Since Yu Yu Hakusho on [adult swim] on Nielsen ratings when there's too many kids and pre-teens and not having enough adult viewers causing the new episodes was put in the nine months hiatus, this is why the show was moved to Toonami's weekday afternoon block in censored form starting with episode 22 "Lamenting Beauty" which is first aired in the U.S. in April 2, 2003 and until episode 54 "The Beginning of the End" which is first aired on May 16, 2003 before the was put into another hiatus until May 8, 2004 when Toonami premiered "The Beast Within" on Saturdays nights in order to make room for Miguzi which they took over Toonami's weekday afternoon time slot. Also, for some reason, I'm the only one that some episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho premiered Saturday mornings on Cartoon Network without Toonami at 5:00 AM (ET/PT) without an announcement or promotion for new episodes.

Last edited by CRE040295; 09-30-2018 at 02:48 AM.
CRE040295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018   #8
Marakutanay

Enjoyed the first episode. I like Amanda as Boruto and I know she will only get better as time passes. Most new characters get new (or at least not terribly overused) VA and we can also hear the likes of Mick Wingert and Christopher Swindle as additional voices (for now). I have only one complain about the dub:

They kept Colleen as Chocho VA from the OVA. Of course nothing against her, but she's been in the series since day 1. She voices two major supporting characters and while Konohamaru is now Max, she is still Ino (and Hanabi); they bassically gave her the same role she has in the parent series. Also (though that may change in future episodes) she gives her a low pitched and kinda sleepy voice which not exactly go with Chocho, surely to differentiate her from Ino. To sum up, I just think there were better alternatives. I hope that this won't happen with more major new characters.

Last edited by Marakutanay; 09-30-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2018   #9
Frontier

Did they recast Iruka?
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018   #10
Marakutanay

McCarley voiced him in the lastest episode of Boruto; whether this is a permanent change or Kyle was just covering for Quinton due to schedule problems is unknown. I''d like to believe it's the latter.