Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 12-17-2017   #11
DisneyAnimefan1995

Post Re: Disney to Acquire 21st Century Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-dragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
2018: X-Men made part of MCU. Disney makes so much money they outstrip the economy of entire rest of the world.

2020: Bob Iger elected president of the USA.

2021: Iger declares himself supreme leader, country name changed to United States of Disney.

2025: USD has conquered most of the planet. Remaining nations destroyed with nuclear weapons.

2026: Moon captured. Turned into production studio.

2030: Disney uses its endless supply of money to build the first faster than light ship.

2031: Aliens encountered. Their economy is soon overtaken by the mouse. Entire planets are subjected and forced to produce yearly releases of the most realistic Star Wars films ever.

2040: Bob Iger transcends to a higher plain of existence.

3000: Bob Iger returns to conquer the universe as its new God. Unaltered Original Star Wars Trilogy still not released on home video.
At the moment this is very likely. In the future the mouse shall be supreme.
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017   #12
The Doctor

Default Re: Disney to Acquire 21st Century Fox

In terms of quality of the movies, I'm not too concerned. Everytime Disney acquires a new property, people make predictions about how it is going to go through the Disneyfication, but that frankly has never happen. Disney isn't stupid, they can tell why something is successful (i.e. worth buying) and allow it to continue as usual once they have it. Both Marvel and Lucasfilm have been allowed to make their own creative decisions and be almost independent from Disney as a whole. Sure, everytime they do something that fans don't like, everyone blames Disney, but to date there has been no proven case of Disney actually pushing any serious demands on them. Not to mention, the content has been great. YMMV, but most of the best movies from Marvel came after Disney bought them and Star Wars has been doing great so far.

Plus, selfish fanboy in me is just happy that Fox's days of making Marvel movies are over and both X-Men and Fantastic Four are returning home where they belong. Maybe we are finally getting good live-action depiction of Doctor Doom

In terms of more serious matters (like Disney getting monopoly of the box office and the like), I can understand why people are worried, but I'm also not smart enough in these matters to have a strong opinion of my own.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017   #13
NachoElephant

It is awesome that Disney now has the rights to Xmen,Fantastic Four,Deadpool,and etc to appear in Cartoons and Video Games again
Maybe we can get Disk Wars Avengers and Future Avengers Anime on DVD or Streaming Website

A good idea to get the Xmen in the MCU is to use The Reality Stone
Old 12-18-2017   #14
Nightmare Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
In terms of quality of the movies, I'm not too concerned. Everytime Disney acquires a new property, people make predictions about how it is going to go through the Disneyfication, but that frankly has never happen. Disney isn't stupid, they can tell why something is successful (i.e. worth buying) and allow it to continue as usual once they have it. Both Marvel and Lucasfilm have been allowed to make their own creative decisions and be almost independent from Disney as a whole. Sure, everytime they do something that fans don't like, everyone blames Disney, but to date there has been no proven case of Disney actually pushing any serious demands on them. Not to mention, the content has been great. YMMV, but most of the best movies from Marvel came after Disney bought them and Star Wars has been doing great so far.
I think in this case there is legitimate cause for concern. X-Men isn't just some new property Disney is picking up. It's more likely than not going to be folded into an existing film universe and considering that Spider-Man Homecoming was very much an MCU style film we could see the same thing happen again. I'm not expecting a tragedy or anything, Homecoming is a perfectly fine movie, but I think we're running the risk of losing out on the possibility of more gambles like Logan or the first Deadpool.
Old 12-21-2017   #15
virtual revenger

Default Disney/Fox merger

How do you feel about it? Will it affect any animation productions

Last edited by TylerMirage; 01-21-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Merged with already existing thread. Please use the search function.
virtual revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017   #16
Metabad

Disney buying out the old Marvel properties like X-Men, Fantastic Four and all that is fine, especially when Fox clearly didn't know what to do with the latter. However I'm a little weary about them buying the ENTIRE company. It feels like a bit overkill and it's a little intimidating thinking about what they'll do with the other properties they own, like if they'll be forgotten and fall by the wayside or what.

I'm pretty much happy for the Marvel fans, concerned about everything else.
Old 12-22-2017   #17
virtual revenger

This was done because it was necessary to get the rest of Marvel heroes. It makes me wonder why Stan Lee did that. Was the Marvel that desperate for cash?
Old 12-22-2017   #18
virtual revenger

Default Blue Sky animation under Disney?

What will happened to Blue Sky animation under Disney?

Last edited by TylerMirage; 12-22-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Why did this post of yours need a separate thread? Merged with the nearly identical topic.
Old 12-22-2017   #19
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual revenger View Post
This was done because it was necessary to get the rest of Marvel heroes. It makes me wonder why Stan Lee did that. Was the Marvel that desperate for cash?
Why Stan Lee did what?
Old 01-16-2018   #20
Troodon2

A bit late but here are my thoughts.

Now let me be clear when I say, I love Disney's entertainment and creative properties, I love the majority of their animated products and some of their live-action work; of course on the business side of things Disney has done some unacceptable things to accomplish said work like stealing from other people, (case with Zootopia) or unfairly treating animators, (especially female employees) and even releasing some of their movies on the same opening weekend as another movie and throw as much advertisement prior to overpower the competition... but ethics aside I still love the company for their entertainment.

For the past decade, Disney has actually been buying some other brands, particularly Marvel Comics, and since then they bought the rights to Lucasfilms, and then Hulu and Maker Films, then recently last year, they actually went ahead and bought 20th Century Fox and their own movie and television devision, including the rights to The X-Men and Fantastic Four, the rest of the Star Wars material, The Simpsons, and even National Geographic... this is where things get scary.

Now to be fair, on one hand this buy out/merger does have it's upsides; it helps to revitalize properties like Star Wars and FF, plus other divisions could profit from under Disney's umbrella and those divisions if successful can provide for other companies just the same... on the other hand such a merger can be a detriment to the entire entertainment industry (at least in Hollywood) and it could just as well be bad for consumers.

The reason why the game, Monopoly exists is to teach players the potential dangers of what happens when a certain competitor is in the lead and starts buying up so much of everything that there are no potential markets for others and so their forced to quit. (I may be wrong about that but I digress)

And in real life it's practically the same thing; yeah Disney does own too much, especially after this new acquisition Disney is pretty close to the edge of Monopoly laws even if they aren't facing a monopoly quite yet.

Again, Disney can and does produce good entertainment and even some great creative properties, but their influence on laws that are suppose to control or regulate businesses is starting to make turn it into a detriment; and again while Disney buying more properties does help other popular franchises like Marvel or Start Wars it's only distracting us from the potential danger it has towards other properties that aren't under Disney's umbrella because they are not owned by Disney and are still trying to compete with a company that's just getting more and more powerful, thus having a harder time trying to stay in business as it keeps going, with inevitable ultimatum being to allow themselves being bought or die out altogether. (former of which will of course only make Disney more powerful anyway)

A big company like Disney that continues to get bigger or cloud out other competitors is not only bad for other businesses but it's also bad for the consumers as prices rise and creativity actually falls, particularly if any remaining competition have a much harder time moving forward.

Remember, Disney was responsible for messing around with copyright laws, (Especially the erosion of The Public Domain!) so them buying more things partly feels like a bandaid for being stuck on not coming up with original properties of their own since they can't get it freely and legally after what the company did just to retain the rights to their characters.

Even if Disney is interesting more in creating entertainment than making a quick buck, they still have the power and the potential to choke out any other competitor, and dare I say The Internet may have it worse, particularly as more streaming sites close down leaving only Dailymotion and YouTube which still suffer from broken copyright rules people can abuse to ruin others!

At the end of the day, many of us are left to wonder "What will Disney buy next?!" or "Will Disney actually buy everything?" and if so "What will Disney do next after there's nothing more to buy?" or "What will happen to Hollywood itself should Disney buy everything?"

Frankly, should Disney buy practically everything, then after that Hollywood definitely needs to be restructured, so everything Disney bought can branch out into their own devisions again and restore potential competition and creativity in the entertainment industry.

That's just what I think.

What are your thoughts?!
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote