Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019   #1
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 25
Posts: 2,279
Default Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

So the Generation 8 Pokemon games have been revealed, Pokemon Sword and Shield versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA22Lh6Rwk

The New Starters:

Grass Monkey - Grookey
Fire Rabbit - Scorbunny
Water Lizard - Sobble

I'm definitely choosing Scorbunny for the first playthrough....well for now at least.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #2
SNaG
Member
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 357
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Yeah, I am super excited. I think I will choose Sobble when I play, I always choose water when I go through a region for the first time. (I hope they go back to making third versions... it’s the only way I can gp back to a region, heh). Ohmori being the director is a good thing, I was thinking Masuda might direct again. I appreciate Ohmori’s fresh takes, so I cannot wait to see what he brings out. The UK locale looks beautiful.

Some hopes, as a player who dabbles in the competitive scene:
>Difficulty modes
>EASY way to level EVs. ORAS had it but Sun and Moon had....... SOS battles.....
>Faster breeding

I also hope that the distribution of new Pokemon is nice. I didn’t like how S/M had a lot of cool Pokemon early on that evolve SUPER late, like in the fifties. Something like B/W 2 would be nice.

Again, I’m buying it day 1 regardless, heh.
__________________
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #3
NCZ
Croissants
 
NCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,318
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

With a British setting (did anyone SEE the Cerne Abbas giant!?), the combo of industrial and countryside settings, and the title "Sword & Shield", I am thinking there is going to be a heavy Knights/Medieval inspired theme as the backdrop. That should be cool. Gyms are back, which I guess ties in with that theme since it's more traditional, but I hope there are other ways they keep things mixed up after S/M breathing a wonderful breath of fresh air. Then again, I guess the theme with Pokemon in general is alternating between traditional and experimental gens, so I sort of had a feeling. Scorbunny is adorable, but I gotta go with the undernewt Sobble!

I don't want to count my chickens yet since we haven't seen any story scenes, but I don't think there'll be VO and that'd probably be a bullet dodged at this rate. UNLESS... this is a job for Side UK...?? (It'd never happen cause TPCI are Cheapy McCheapskates, but I can dream.)

Last edited by NCZ; 02-27-2019 at 09:43 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #4
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 25
Posts: 2,279
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Yeah, I am super excited. I think I will choose Sobble when I play, I always choose water when I go through a region for the first time. (I hope they go back to making third versions... it’s the only way I can gp back to a region, heh). Ohmori being the director is a good thing, I was thinking Masuda might direct again. I appreciate Ohmori’s fresh takes, so I cannot wait to see what he brings out. The UK locale looks beautiful.

Some hopes, as a player who dabbles in the competitive scene:
>Difficulty modes
>EASY way to level EVs. ORAS had it but Sun and Moon had....... SOS battles.....
>Faster breeding

I also hope that the distribution of new Pokemon is nice. I didn’t like how S/M had a lot of cool Pokemon early on that evolve SUPER late, like in the fifties. Something like B/W 2 would be nice.

Again, I’m buying it day 1 regardless, heh.
What I just want are more region forms, new Megas and a return of the DexNav from ORAS (I want to be able to get my hands on catching hidden ability or egg moves in the wild)

also hoping for at least 100 new pokemon, not a fan of the smaller new pokemon addition count rates since X/Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
With a British setting (did anyone SEE the Cerne Abbas giant!?), the combo of industrial and countryside settings, and the title "Sword & Shield", I am thinking there is going to be a heavy Knights/Medieval inspired theme as the backdrop. That should be cool. Gyms are back, which I guess ties in with that theme since it's more traditional, but I hope there are other ways they keep things mixed up after S/M breathing a wonderful breath of fresh air. Then again, I guess the theme with Pokemon in general is alternating between traditional and experimental gens, so I sort of had a feeling. Scorbunny is adorable, but I gotta go with the undernewt Sobble!

I don't want to count my chickens yet since we haven't seen any story scenes, but I don't think there'll be VO and that'd probably be a bullet dodged at this rate. UNLESS... this is a job for Side UK...?? (It'd never happen cause TPCI are Cheapy McCheapskates, but I can dream.)
I think Pokemon's main games work better without voice acting, it's more fun to come up with headcanon voices....well for me at least.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #5
BlueHeracross
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 212
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Grass monkey for me

Hoping that this game stays as far away from Sun and Moon’s DNA as possible, but I should know better than to expect any significant improvements in the games’s pacing. At least let us skip cutscenes, please Game Freak?

Setting looks neat, love the aesthetics so far, but also looks like this game will be incredibly linear. I don’t really have any hopes or dreams for VO, but it seems inevitable that it’ll be added to the main games eventually.
BlueHeracross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019   #6
1dbad
Junior Member
 
1dbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: FUNimation's state
Posts: 22
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

I was talking to some of my friends yesterday, and said I thought the next region might be based on the UK. I can't believe I was right! The scenery looks great.

I'm torn between Grookey and Scorbunny as my favorites. Guess the deciding factor will be whichever has the better final evolution.
1dbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019   #7
MHUltimate2013DW
Junior Member
 
MHUltimate2013DW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 81
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Headcanon voices for the Male and Female Trainer for this region.

Male Galal Region Trainer- Adam Howden

Female Galal Region Trainer - Elsie Loverock
MHUltimate2013DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019   #8
TheDayman
Member
 
TheDayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 482
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

My hopes for this game

- More challenging gym/E4
- No auto EXP share/EXP share for each pokemon
- Battle Frontier

That's all I ask
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019   #9
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 25
Posts: 2,279
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHUltimate2013DW View Post
Headcanon voices for the Male and Female Trainer for this region.

Male Galal Region Trainer- Adam Howden

Female Galal Region Trainer - Elsie Loverock
Hmm good ideas.

Sadly I am not that well versed in UK VA's so depending on the character, I might not give them all accents when I inevitably play the games and read their dialogue.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019   #10
NCZ
Croissants
 
NCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,318
Default Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHUltimate2013DW View Post
Female Galal Region Trainer - Elsie Loverock
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
I was talking to some of my friends yesterday, and said I thought the next region might be based on the UK. I can't believe I was right! The scenery looks great.

I'm torn between Grookey and Scorbunny as my favorites. Guess the deciding factor will be whichever has the better final evolution.
Scorbunny looks like it'll probably be a soccer player. Especially since we saw a FIFA player and stadium in the trailer, I wonder if that was the champion? Or maybe your rival? It IS the UK, after all. Gotta get your pub brawls in!
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.