Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 07-07-2016   #1
The Doctor

Default Your unrealistic fanboy/girl dreams

I think that no one is going to object me saying that all of us are big fans of something and, like most fans, there are things that we would like to see from the properties that we love. Some of those dreams are feasible and could happen, while others are completely unrealistic and will probably never happen. We are here to talk about the latter.

Here's mine:

Like I have stated multiple times, I'm huge trekkie. I love TOS, TNG is one of my personal favorite tv-shows of all-time, I really like most of the movies (Wrath of Khan actually being one of my all-time favorites) and I have some expanded universe stuff. So, I'm naturally little curious about the animated series. Yeah, a lot of it is reportedly overly goofy (even by standards set by TOS), but the good episodes seem to be really loved by the fandom, so I would be down for sitting through some nonsense for the few gems. Unfortunately, the animation is just horrible! It's just too cheap looking and stilted, even by Filmation standards. You can tell that most of the budget went to getting most of the original cast back. It was almost unbearable for me to watch just few random clips from Youtube, when I was searching material for voice compare request. I don't think that I could make it through whole episodes, even if the stories were amazing.

(Little off-topic, but you know that something is wrong in the Universe, when there's Finnish DVD release of Star Trek The Animated Series, but not TNG or DS9 )

So, here's where my unrealistic dream comes in. I would love it, if there was some Special Edition DVD, where someone took the audio from all of the episodes and re-animated them from scratch. It wouldn't need to be Disney Renaissance - quality or anything like that. I would settle for above average tv-level flash animation. Sadly, project like this would have very niche audience and cost more than it could ever hope to make, so there's really no chanche for this to actually happen.

So, what unrealistic fan dream you guys have?
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #2
Autovolt

Default Re: Your unrealistic fanboy/girl dreams

I get to make my own Transformers series.

All shows that got cancelled before their intended finale gets renewed to finish the story.

I could bring back a few of my favourite dead actors like Michael Clarke Duncan, Phil Hartman, Robin Williams among many others.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #3
GreenGoblin75

Funimation will dub the Buu saga of DBZ Kai, redub the DBZ movies, dub Super, a new video game, and package it all together.
Old 07-07-2016   #4
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin75 View Post
Funimation will dub the Buu saga of DBZ Kai, redub the DBZ movies, dub Super, a new video game, and package it all together.
Another one would be Ocean/Blue Water would get to do a proper re-dub of the entire DBZ franchise.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016   #5
Marusero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
I could bring back a few of my favourite dead actors like Michael Clarke Duncan, Phil Hartman, Robin Williams among many others.
How about Deem Bristow, Dr. Eggman's first video game VA?
Marusero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016   #6
Pauly-kun

I would like to make my video game series about mecha, fighting and music motifs...! With the final gmes having an all-star cast.
Pauly-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016   #7
Torak

I personally would love it if Ocean Productions dubbed the Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds series.
Censored or uncensored from the Japanese version, Ocean Dub would hit it out of the park in my opinion!
Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019   #8
PsychicVoiceSpy

I'm just gonna dig this thread back up.

I want an animated series similar to Netflix's Castlevania for the Thief game series. The writing, lore, and atmosphere of the games is already downright beautiful, and I think would lend itself to being a stunning adult-oriented animated series.

Sadly, it's unrealistic for the reason that Thief isn't a mainstream franchise at all. The original series hasn't been touched in fifteen years, and even when it was in its prime, I don't think it was nearly as big as Castlevania or Devil May Cry.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019   #9
8000 Saiyans

Get either Toei Animation or Madhouse to animate my G.I. Joe story set in the Sunbow universe dealing with the end of Cobra. Lots of gore and blood in that story...
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019   #10
Troodon2

To produce an animated series with Laura Bailey voicing one of my OCs.

Troodon2 is online now   Reply With Quote