Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 09-03-2014   #1
Nightmare Crusher

Default Voice Over Dreams

Has anyone ever had a dream that involved voice over or voice actors in some way? I had one a few months back and it's really weird. In my dream Frank Welker and Peter Cullen had dressed up in Santa outfits because they planned on racing steam trains to a mall out in the distance. I was supposed to hang glide over the race and keep track of who won. They tied. That's all I remember.
Old 09-03-2014   #2
Metabad

Default Re: Voice Over Dreams

I recently had a dream where I talked to Kari Wahlgren on the phone and convinced her to play Ayame in an anime adaptation of Tenchu.

I have no idea where that came from since I barely even talk on the phone anymore, but I guess I always did think Fuu from Samurai Champloo sort of looked like Ayame.

Last edited by Metabad; 09-04-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Metabad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #3
NCZ
Croissants

Default Have you ever dreamed about voice acting/BTVA?

Last night I dreamed that my family and I were on a luxury cruise ship with a pretty good breakfast buffet. Also, there was an anime convention happening on the same ship, so out of morbid curiosity, I decided to check it out.

All I remember is that three of the guests were Mark Gatha (who somehow left the ship to go back to Calgary or whatever because he got bored or something), Lucas Gilbertson, and Ryo Horikawa.

Gilbertson and Horikawa then decided to perform a live improvised skit to entertain the audience. The part that I most clearly remember is that it was an action skit of some sort, because Horikawa actually straight-up used the Falcon Punch and the Final Flash in real life. It was the most insane and surreal thing I ever saw.

Also I have recurring nightmares about other people messing up my BTVA pages and the BTVA Awards without permission, which is probably a sign that I should take a break from the site at some point.

Anyone else ever have weird dreams about the site, or voice acting in general? (Might even make this the general "weird dream" thread...)
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #4
Music Meister

Default Re: Have you ever dreamed about voice acting/BTVA?

Isn't it dreamt instead of dreamed or do either work?
Anyway, I once had a dream that I made a compare for Red Riding Hold but all the incarnations wore green and the last one AKA the most recent one was a robot or something.
It was weird.
Music Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #5
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

I've had a few dreams of meeting some VAs just while, like, grocery shopping and stuff. I wake up, realize it's only a dream, and then promptly cry myself back to sleep.

But most of my dreams of VO/BTVA are the boring kind. Like having a dream about adding How to Train Your Dragon 2 to the site because I know that that's exactly what I plan on doing the following day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
Isn't it dreamt instead of dreamed or do either work?
http://www.gingersoftware.com/englis...dreamt-dreamed
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #6
Nightmare Crusher

*ahem*

I also had a dream there was a Broly voice compare. It was between Vic Mignogna and Michael Dobson, although I never got to hear Michael's imaginary take.
Old 04-20-2015   #7
NCZ
Croissants

Wow there was already a thread for this ha ha ha fml
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015   #8
Nightmare Crusher

I've gotta say that the mental image of Ryo Horikawa Falcon Punching someone in real life is hilarious. What if there was a super hero actor who gained powers based off his characters? That would be awesome.
Old 04-23-2015   #9
Metabad

Oh right, I should probably repost this here...

I had a dream a few months back where almost everyone was taken off the Goku voice comparison and the only ones left were Jeremiah Yurk and Steve Blum, and I had to choose between the two for some reason...

I don't remember who I ended up choosing, but I do know it was tough deciding which one of them was actually better.

I also had another dream a while back where I was watching Avatar: The Last Airbender (which I haven't seen yet but my brother kept telling me various parts about it and how great it was for a while) and in the episode I watched in my dream there was a house that glowed with a purple aura and spoke to the main heroes, and then I went to this site and saw there was a voice compare where...I think either Alison Sealy Smith or Cree Summers voiced the house in the first episode, and then in every episode afterwards it was Peg Dixon (who I'm not even sure if she's even alive, let alone acting anymore.)

My dreams are pretty out there, needless to say. I've had plenty of even stranger dreams than this, but I can't really go into much detail about them without getting really off topic.
Old 04-27-2015   #10
Nightmare Crusher

I had a very bizarre dream last night. I'll spare you the details, but during the dream I felt the need to check this website and their were 4 new compares.
The first was Firetenks. A strange alternate version of Gotenks who was clearly just someone's custom Soul Calibur character.
The second was a compare between two Dynasty Warriors games. As in the games themselves. They were also two games not on this website, Strikeforce and NEXT.
The third was "Goku" quotation marks included. It appeared to be the Pokémon Swampert only it had been deformed into a human's body proportions.
The final one was supposedly the Xenomorph from Alien. But when I clicked on it I was presented by a full screen video feed of a hybrid combination of the Xenomorph and the Godzilla monster Biollante which was wandering around a swamp. At the bottom of the screen were two Pokéballs that allowed you to switch between this video feed and one of another creature wandering around the swamp. The second creature was a Xenomorph crossed with Manhandla from The Legend of Zelda.
Make of this what you will.