Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 03-16-2019   #1
Fernie Fernandez

Default Why does my comment or page that I made gets erased?

Ok, so I've made several comments throughout the years, and whenever I make a comment, or make a post for questions, some got erased...!

Is there a type of relevancy for BTVA, was my comment/post rude, do I have to turn on cookies or any other subjects, or is there a glitch in the webpage...
Fernie Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019   #2
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Why does my comment or page that I made gets erased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernie Fernandez View Post
Ok, so I've made several comments throughout the years, and whenever I make a comment, or make a post for questions, some got erased...!

Is there a type of relevancy for BTVA, was my comment/post rude, do I have to turn on cookies or any other subjects, or is there a glitch in the webpage...
Hey Fernie, do you know of any examples of pages or forum posts that have disappeared? I did some digging and I found a few of your forum posts that never made it past the approval stage for some reason*, and I've manually approved them.

*Sometimes the forum security gets a little too good, and will flag users' posts when there's no reason to flag them. Typically that happens when a user is brand new and/or has a very low post count, so they're treated as a potential spam-bot until the profile "proves itself" with non-spam-bot posts, if that makes sense.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019   #3
Fernie Fernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Hey Fernie, do you know of any examples of pages or forum posts that have disappeared? I did some digging and I found a few of your forum posts that never made it past the approval stage for some reason*, and I've manually approved them.

*Sometimes the forum security gets a little too good, and will flag users' posts when there's no reason to flag them. Typically that happens when a user is brand new and/or has a very low post count, so they're treated as a potential spam-bot until the profile "proves itself" with non-spam-bot posts, if that makes sense.
When I go back to the page sometime around, it's gone.

Where did you found some of my posts/comments?

I've been frustrated on finding my Bobobo Voice-Cast on the Dream Cast forum...

I was planning on giving it a Canadian cast.

So BTVA hasn't invested itself on Security yet, correct...!?
Old 03-17-2019   #4
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
When I go back to the page sometime around, it's gone.
Okay, but which pages exactly? Can you recall? It'd help narrow down the search.

Quote:
Where did you found some of my posts/comments?
What I did was I went to your profile and selected "View More Posts by Fernie Fernandez". There it lists all of the forum posts you've made on the site. As I scrolled down, I could see that some of your posts had the "unapproved" symbol on them. Which as I described above, is typically attributed to posts that have been flagged by VBulletin as potential spam. (Sometimes the "unapproved" symbol also means "this post has been given an infraction", but I looked and none of them appeared to that case. So I went and manually approved some of the posts that seemed to have been flagged for no proper reason by VBulletin.

Quote:
I've been frustrated on finding my Bobobo Voice-Cast on the Dream Cast forum...

I was planning on giving it a Canadian cast.
Curious, are you not able to view this thread here?

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ad.php?t=20500

It's your BoBoBo dream cast thread, and I can see it in its entirety.

Quote:
So BTVA hasn't invested itself on Security yet, correct...!?
I don't quite know what you're getting at. The site has "security" in the sense of VBulletin's built-in VBulletin'ness. In order to crackdown on the creation of spambot accounts, VBulletin's security functions are such that they flag potential bot accounts and implement a sort of "approval process" for new accounts. When new users create accounts, there's often a waiting period where it automatically moderates their posts (again, to prevent repeat spam comments that are common with spam accounts). Sometimes the process is a little too strict, and can affect totally legit user accounts, hiding their comments until one of us mods/admins can review them. Some of your missing posts appear to have been potential victims of that security for some reason.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019   #5
Fernie Fernandez

For the comment: When I go back to the page sometime around, it's gone.

Well, from mostly Voice Actors and medias

I made a comment of praise to Alyson Court one time, and it got erased...
Old 03-17-2019   #6
Fernie Fernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Okay, but which pages exactly? Can you recall? It'd help narrow down the search.

What I did was I went to your profile and selected "View More Posts by Fernie Fernandez". There it lists all of the forum posts you've made on the site. As I scrolled down, I could see that some of your posts had the "unapproved" symbol on them. Which as I described above, is typically attributed to posts that have been flagged by VBulletin as potential spam. (Sometimes the "unapproved" symbol also means "this post has been given an infraction", but I looked and none of them appeared to that case. So I went and manually approved some of the posts that seemed to have been flagged for no proper reason by VBulletin.

Curious, are you not able to view this thread here?

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...ad.php?t=20500

It's your BoBoBo dream cast thread, and I can see it in its entirety.

I don't quite know what you're getting at. The site has "security" in the sense of VBulletin's built-in VBulletin'ness. In order to crackdown on the creation of spambot accounts, VBulletin's security functions are such that they flag potential bot accounts and implement a sort of "approval process" for new accounts. When new users create accounts, there's often a waiting period where it automatically moderates their posts (again, to prevent repeat spam comments that are common with spam accounts). Sometimes the process is a little too strict, and can affect totally legit user accounts, hiding their comments until one of us mods/admins can review them. Some of your missing posts appear to have been potential victims of that security for some reason.
Oh thank you finding it, I used the search in the forums, but I had no such luck, I even used Google for an external trick...