Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 07-05-2018   #1
Nightmare Crusher

Default Dr. Doom in The Marvel Super Heroes (1966)

Fair warning, this is kind of me spitballing and I could be completely off the mark. This stuff is so old and ill documented we may never even get a real answer.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...r/Doctor-Doom/

So the Doom UVA here. I have a theory about him. Listen to that clip a few times.

Now listen to John Vernon on the same page. Especially when he's talking about revenge.

Have I gone crazy or is that the same person just with age? John Vernon was on the old show so it's genuinely possible.

Last edited by Nightmare Crusher; 07-05-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018   #2
Polyester Funk

Default Re: Dr. Doom in The Marvel Super Heroes (1966)

I don't want to throw this topic in a different direction, but I don't think that the 1994 clip sounds like John Vernon at all. Was he actually confirmed to be Doom in that show, because to me it sounds so, so much like Neil Ross. Neil's clip sounds slightly different, but I feel that I'm familiar enough with Neil that he's who I hear for both clips.

Not to say that John didn't have range, but the stuff I know from him sounds pretty similar(General Ross, Rupert Thorne and his live-action work.), and I just don't hear him in that.

Sorry if I'm really out of line for getting into that here, I have been meaning to bring that up elsewhere, I just haven't gotta around to it.

Last edited by Polyester Funk; 07-05-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018   #3
Starscreamsfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Fair warning, this is kind of me spitballing and I could be completely off the mark. This stuff is so old and ill documented we may never even get a real answer.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...r/Doctor-Doom/

So the Doom UVA here. I have a theory about him. Listen to that clip a few times.

Now listen to John Vernon on the same page. Especially when he's talking about revenge.

Have I gone crazy or is that the same person just with age? John Vernon was on the old show so it's genuinely possible.
Well, actually, I think that UVA is Henry Ramer. It sounds almost exactly like his Smythe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyester Funk View Post
I don't want to throw this topic in a different direction, but I don't think that the 1994 clip sounds like John Vernon at all. Was he actually confirmed to be Doom in that show, because to me it sounds so, so much like Neil Ross. Neil's clip sounds slightly different, but I feel that I'm familiar enough with Neil that he's who I hear for both clips.

Not to say that John didn't have range, but the stuff I know from him sounds pretty similar(General Ross, Rupert Thorne and his live-action work.), and I just don't hear him in that.

Sorry if I'm really out of line for getting into that here, I have been meaning to bring that up elsewhere, I just haven't gotta around to it.
Yeah, the clip is still Neil (the clip is from part two of The Mask of Doom, and John only played Doom in part one). This is John's Doom:

https://tfregenerationone.weebly.com...hn_vernon_.mp3
Starscreamsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018   #4
Nightmare Crusher

Quote:

OK, that makes a lot more sense now. I thought 90s Doom didn't sound a whole lot like John either, which threw me off because I figured it was just a totally unusual voice for him.
Old 07-07-2018   #5
Polyester Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscreamsfan View Post

Yeah, the clip is still Neil (the clip is from part two of The Mask of Doom, and John only played Doom in part one). This is John's Doom:

https://tfregenerationone.weebly.com...hn_vernon_.mp3
I still hear Neil. Did John really sound that close to Neil or have I lost it?
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018   #6
Starscreamsfan
Banned

Quote:
I still hear Neil. Did John really sound that close to Neil or have I lost it?
Neil was brought in to do an impression of John. The credits for part one list John as Doom.
Starscreamsfan is offline   Reply With Quote