Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 09-22-2019   #1
Luke26

Default Places to upload clips

Picosong recently announced that it's shutting down and since then I've been struggling to find a place that
  1. preserves audio quality upon upload
  2. allows free downloading of the clip with ease
Has anyone found a good alternative that meets these requirements? I know that uploading to YouTube is easy and finding a site to download a video as an mp3 even easier but I feel like there should be a site that easily allows it in one click. Vocaroo allows for downloading, but it completely ruins the quality and then sites like Clyp or Spotify require a pro subscription to download. I've been wanting to request some voice compares but without somewhere to put the clips up somewhere that staff can download them from easily, it's been putting me off from doing so.
Old 09-22-2019   #2
NCZ
Eh? Char? Don't know him.

Default Re: Places to upload clips

Soundcloud isn't bad, there are external downloaders you can use that work pretty easily, the only thing you have to watch out for is you're limited to 3 hours as a free user. But then that's not a problem if you're not uploading TOOOOONS of clips.

Last edited by NCZ; 09-22-2019 at 09:30 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019   #3
SNaG

As someone who's migrated to Clyp, it actually allows downloads for free users as long as you check the Downloads after you upload the audio file. I find this ultimately better than Vocaroo since the quality remains high. While there is an upload limit, 360 minutes is astronomically high and more than enough for BTVA purposes imo.
Old 09-22-2019   #4
Luke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
As someone who's migrated to Clyp, it actually allows downloads for free users as long as you check the Downloads after you upload the audio file. I find this ultimately better than Vocaroo since the quality remains high. While there is an upload limit, 360 minutes is astronomically high and more than enough for BTVA purposes imo.
I completely missed that when I was using it, and the Upgrade page says that high-quality downloads are a Pro feature but after redownloading one of my own it still sounds completely fine, definitely well above Vocaroo quality.
Old 10-03-2019   #5
kevin16cun

You found a good alternative? If so, what is it?
kevin16cun is offline   Reply With Quote