Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 12-30-2014   #391
ModMenTV

Default Newbie here!

New to the forum from Oklahoma!
I've been lurking around here for some time but haven't made an account until recently.
I'm hoping to have recording equipment within the next few months as I also will be making a YouTube channel.
I grew up loving to watch various anime/cartoons and loved being able to try and figure out if someone voiced multiple characters throughout the shows I watched.
Voice acting has been something I've wanted to try out for a long while now and I hope that I can make it big some day, as I would love to be on the other side of the table at the different cons that I attend.
ModMenTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014   #392
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Newbie here!

Welcome to the site, ModMen!

What kinds of shows did you like to watch?
TylerMirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014   #393
ModMenTV

Anything batman, spiderman, DBZ, Gundam etc.
I still watch all kinds of anime.
I also play a lot of video games and enjoy hearing some people in games I play.
Old 01-06-2015   #394
SonofWat2

Hey, Newbie! My username is SonofWat2. I'm 11 months old (actually 18, I'm 11 months old by my BTVA's account join date). I have similar dreams, if not the same, to yours. I give you a "congratulations and happiness". It might be cheesy but I expect the best from you as a fellow aspiring voice actor. I'm sure your on path to greatness like me. But don't be discouraged for skills and talents you might not possess. With time comes perfection to develop your skills and make yourself known. The journey ahead will be difficult but don't be frightened. You're not alone. I'll have your back if you need me. And I'll trust you'll have mine when the time comes. To make a long statement short, welcome and let's be friends!

Tomorrow is my day and my wind will blow big and strong!!!
SonofWat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015   #395
ModMenTV

Well thank you bud, that was a fantastic welcome!
Yes, let us be friends that is great!
I can't wait to have my equipment so that I can start auditioning for characters.
At some point I will have to have a little help on what exactly will be expected of me if my voice recording is picked for a roll.
Old 01-11-2015   #396
iAM_TORQUE

Default Here's a New One!

What is up BTVA community! My name's *truck's honking* or iAM_TORQUE.
I'm from Vegas, as in Las. I'm a Sophomore in college, studying to be a high school teacher, but becoming a voice actress is my dream.

Hobbies: Dance and Gaming
Favorite Animes: Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Sword Art Online, Deadman Wonderland. That's really all I can remember off the top my head for this list. I don't watch a whole lot of Anime actually. I don't hate it, but I'm not that into it.
Favorite TV Shows: Parks and Recreation, Pretty Little Liars (It's scarily a good show), Degrassi (Addicting), Legend of Korra, Code Lyoko

Video games are my ish. I've played way too many games from Kingdom Hearts to Borderlands to Beyond Two Souls to Grand Theft Auto to Bully and more. It's too hard to pick a favorite. DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS, MANNNN.

I think that's it for now. I can't wait to embark on a great internet adventure on this site!
iAM_TORQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015   #397
ModMenTV

Default Re: Here's a New One!

I love SAO! If you enjoyed that show check out Log Horizon.
I just started watching Deadman Wonderland also!
YAY NETFLIX!!!
This place is fun, so welcome.
What console do you play on?
Old 01-12-2015   #398
Blair

A new member?! *runs around screaming and waving arms* AGGGHHHHH!!

. . . too much?

Welcome.
Old 01-14-2015   #399
iAM_TORQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMenTV View Post
I love SAO! If you enjoyed that show check out Log Horizon.
I just started watching Deadman Wonderland also!
YAY NETFLIX!!!
This place is fun, so welcome.
What console do you play on?
I'll be sure to check that out. NETFLIX IS THE FOUNDATION OF A GENTLE SOCIETY!

PS3. Still on that last-gen train. x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
A new member?! *runs around screaming and waving arms* AGGGHHHHH!!

. . . too much?

Welcome.
Nope, not at all! Thanks for the awesome welcome!
iAM_TORQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015   #400
Nightfall1007

Smile Greetings Everyone!

Good night to all of you! (Or morning/afternoon depending on where you live)

As you probably read, I'm Nightfall1007. Feel free to call me by that name, Nightfall, or my real name which is Justin. I'm a big fan of anime, video games, music, voice acting, art, and countless other things. It's a pleasure to meet you all.

For several years, my friends had been giving me various compliments about my voice. Saying that it was pleasant, powerful, etc. Each and every day for the past 5 years now, I've been practicing my voice acting. It's been incredibly fun for me and no matter what happens, it's something I would love to keep doing. Whether it's on my own time, or for something major to be heard the world over. I'll always try my best regardless of the situation.

If any of you are interested in hearing some of my work, feel free to click this link to my YouTube channel. Simply taking the time to listen to me would mean the world to me. I'm completely open to constructive criticism and I would love to hear the opinions of others, especially those more experienced than me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYw...fCj9jHou3Sge3w

I still need to design quite a few things for the channel, but it at least looks somewhat presentable for now.

Thank you for reading this little introduction of mine! I hope to talk with and become friends with many of you in the future.
Nightfall1007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, advice, anime, assistance needed, audition, avengers emh, bad english, british, english, enthusiasm, french, friendly, girl, graphic design, hello there, horror movie director, introduction, introductions, jeff bennett, joe winko, kazutoification, let's dub, linguist, london, music, nerd, new member, new user, newbie, noob, please be nice, pokemon, presentation, scooby-doo, shared account, sims 2, skype, snes, song, translation, voice acting, voice acting actor, voice actor, voice actress, voice training, wii