Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2019   #1
TheVengeanceKnight

Default "Battinson Begins" (2021)

Figured I'd start a thread now since a ####ton of news dropped this week.

Of all the DC movies announced, the one I'm most looking forward to is Matt Reeves' The Batman starring Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Reeves is a great filmmaker and Pattinson as Batman is inspired casting, IMO.

Also, it looks like it's its own continuity, as evidenced by the casting of Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner James Gordon. While I'm a little bummed that we won't get to see JK Simmons get a proper chance as Gordon, I'm glad there's no connection to the Snyder/Affleck universe.

This past week they announced ZoŽ Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Paul Dano as Edward Nashton "Nygma"/Riddler (both solid choices, IMO), as well as Michael Giacchino doing the score (a big YES to this).

Reeves has mentioned a more detective influence on this film, which I'm very, VERY glad to hear since that's one of the most essential parts of the Batman character and that the previous live-action films haven't really shown much of, IMO.

So far it's all been very good news on this, and hopefully more to come!
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote