ANNOUNCEMENT: The BTVA server has moved servers and undergone major code changes. If you experience any issues, please report them here

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > General Game Discussion

General Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 06-10-2019   #1
Frontier

Default Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project

Marvel and Square Enix officially unveild the first footage for their much-anticipated Avengers Project.

Confirmed VA's:

Nolan North as Iron Man

Jeff Schine as Captain America

Travis Willingham as Thor

Troy Baker as Bruce Banner/The Hulk

Laura Bailey as Black Widow.

Other confirmed characters include Taskmaster, Abomination, and Hank Pym.

The game will be adding additional characters/environments post-launch and for free, with no lootboxes.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019   #2
Abdullab
Banned

Default Re: Marvel/Square Enix's Avengers Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Marvel and Square Enix officially unveild the first footage for their much-anticipated Avengers Project.

Confirmed VA's:

Nolan North as Iron Man

Jeff Schine as Captain America

Travis Willingham as Thor

Troy Baker as Bruce Banner/The Hulk

Laura Bailey as Black Widow.

Other confirmed characters include Taskmaster, Abomination, and Hank Pym.

The game will be adding additional characters/environments post-launch and for free, with no lootboxes.
looking forward to this. Mixed on Travis and Laura reprising for the 20th time but i like this cast alot
Abdullab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019   #3
TheDayman

Not a huge fan of the fact that Travis and Laura are reprising, but from what I've heard the cast sounds great.

The faces look a bit wonky, but I'm sure everything will look better at launch, and the costumes aren't that great in my opinion. Cap's costume has that MCU-ish dark blue and looks too armor-y for my liking. Bruce is literally wearing one of Ruffalo's outfits from the Avengers movie.

Also, here's a small clip of Troy's Hulk and he sounds great.

I wish we got a look at the main villain so I could have some closure on whether or not we'll see Thanos, Loki, or Ultron in a marvel game for the 50th time. But all in all I'm excited for this game. It's Square Enix after all.
TheDayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #4
Autovolt

Travis sounds really ill-fitting as Thor here.

It is cool Nolan's Iron Man again and Troy's doing Banner and Hulk. Man I'm amazed Fred Tatasciore isn't Big Green here but hey it's nice to see them try something different here.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #5
SNaG

Love this! Went from a definite maybe to a definitive yes. The VO sounds great. Nolan as Tony is such a genius casting choice that I'm wondering why no one has capitalized on it before. I'm sure this game will be a great showcase. Loving how Travis and Laura sounds too. Travis sounds a bit different than he does in the cartoon, and as far as I'm concerned, he sounds better.

Usually I'm skeptical about live service games but I'm willing to give this a go. Looks rad as hell.
Old 06-11-2019   #6
Frontier

I was also ready for new VA's for Thor and Widow if only because Laura and Travis have never been my favorite VA's for those characters, but I guess their experience with voiceover and mo-cap for AAA games like this helped land them the roles again (I would say it was probably the same of the other VA's). I can at least hope that they get much better material and direction in these games then they got in the cartoons.

Nolan North as Iron Man is pretty awesome. I'm glad we're not getting a VA just to do a decent RDJ impersonation.

Troy as Hulk should be really interesting. Banner I can see him fitting like a glove but Hulk is a different beast (in more ways then one). I mean, it's the first time someone other then Fred Tatasciore has done Hulk in a major role in years, so that's kind of cool. Reminds me of when Ray Chase played Jason Blood and Etrigan. I hope he doesn't reprise Hawkeye though, once he inevitably gets added in as free content.

Jeff Schine sounds decent as Cap, although Cap has probably my least favorite Cap design.
Old 06-11-2019   #7
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Troy as Hulk should be really interesting. Banner I can see him fitting like a glove but Hulk is a different beast (in more ways then one). I mean, it's the first time someone other then Fred Tatasciore has done Hulk in a major role in years, so that's kind of cool. Reminds me of when Ray Chase played Jason Blood and Etrigan. I hope he doesn't reprise Hawkeye though, once he inevitably gets added in as free content.
Speaking of Ray, here's hoping he's in here somewhere. Honestly I would've probably cast him as Thor instead of Travis.
Old 06-11-2019   #8
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quite frankly I'm surprised people here are so down on Travis and Laura. Both of them are amazing actors who've got tons of performance capture experience, and the chemistry with them, Troy, and Nolan is guaranteed to be electric. For a game that's all about working as a team, that seems really important. Casting them would make total sense even if they hadn't played them before. As well, just because they're from AA doesn't mean they themselves are poorly cast. If anything, this should be a great chance for them to actually get to spread their wings and show their stuff. Great example: Yuri and Travis played Spidey and Kingpin before, but only when they got to Spidey PS4 did they TRULY crush it. Normally I wouldn't be interested in the game so I'm surprised I am, and a big part of it is just because I have total faith this cast is going to nail it.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-11-2019 at 01:40 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #9
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Quite frankly I'm surprised people here are so down on Travis and Laura. Both of them are amazing actors who've got tons of performance capture experience, and the chemistry with them, Troy, and Nolan is guaranteed to be electric. For a game that's all about working as a team, that seems really important. Casting them would make total sense even if they hadn't played them before. As well, just because they're from AA doesn't mean they themselves are poorly cast. If anything, this should be a great chance for them to actually get to spread their wings and show their stuff. Great example: Yuri and Travis played Spidey and Kingpin before, but only when they got to Spidey PS4 did they TRULY crush it. Normally I wouldn't be interested in the game so I'm surprised I am, and a big part of it is just because I have total faith this cast is going to nail it.
I just don't think they're the best fits for Thor and Black Widow respectively to be honest, I've grown tired of hearing them as those characters nearly every Marvel project since 2013. I mean Yuri's Spidey and Travis's Kingpin weren't overused to the point that it got tiresome. I was hoping we'd get some new casting or pick more obscure choices for a reprisal. Maybe they might grow on me here but right now I just find it eh.
Old 06-11-2019   #10
Frontier

I wonder if they'll have Brian Bloom reprise Taskmaster to keep this in-line with Spider-Man PS4.

(Man, that would make for a hilarious showdown with Cap).