Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 03-01-2013   #1
Aussieroth

Default Kingdom Hearts III

Ok, now that 3D has been done, god will Nomura will finally get underway with Versus XIII and then, as he said, KH3.

So what are your thoughts on the matter?

One thing I would love to see is how this really strange story will finally work out!

Another is not only their original characters back in, but also all the used FF characters and a few more to boot. Hell it's more than hinted that Rinoa will be in there... actually while we're on that, I'll make a quick list of the FF characters that I would love to see and who should voice them. Ok not ALL of them may appear (if any at all) but are my choices depending on the games.

Rinoa from Final Fantasy VIII - Britt McKillip

Zidane from FF IX - Richard Ian Cox

Garnet from FFIX again - Emma Watson

Steiner FFIX - Either Dameon Clarke or Bill Fagerbakke

Terra from FFVI - Rachel Lillis

Locke from FFVI - Reuben Langdon

Celes FFVI - Stephanie Nadolny

Cyan FFVI - Peter Cullen... and while we're on it, bring him back as Eeyore dammit!

Kefka from FFVI..... OH GOD DO I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN SO BADLY!!!! Also either Mark Hamill or Adam D. Clarke

Firion from FFII - Johnny Yong Bosch (Of course XD)

Maria FFII - Jamie Marchi

Cecil from FFIV - Yuri Lowenthal

Kain from FFIV - Liam O'Brien

Rosa FFIV - Jennifer Hale

Rydia FFIV - Tabitha St Germain

As well as all the others. Yuffie, Aerith, Tifa, Squall, Cloud, Zack, etc... however when it comes to Sephiroth: NEW VA! Crispin Freeman for god's sake! As for Setzer if he returns Brian Dobson. No disrespect to George he's a great actor but from the way he's portraying Sephiroth these days I think the guy has lost passion for Sephiroth completely. One I really want to see come back though would be Auron... oh please Nomura bring back FFX's saving grace!

Other characters I'd like to see involved would be Lightning, Serah, Noel and especially Caius... Oh man that would be awesome!

I really don't know what I can say about the story these days... but I would love to get into the worlds of Princess and the Frog, Tangled (Rapunzel) and especially some of Pixar's stuff! Wreck-it Ralph would be a challenging one! Treasure Planet I would like to see. Sora working with Jim Hawkins and John Silver would be epic as hell!

Man there are still some really good and decent Disney worlds they can jump into. There's Robin Hood, there's the Jungle Book (almost got in a game apparently) Great Mouse Detective MAN that would be fun.... hell, even Brother Bear would be a good choice... as long as they get rid of the stupid stuff in the second act of that movie.

Then there's Pixar's movies.... The Incredibles, THERE! DONE!!! It just writes itself! A Bug's life, GO AGAIN! Toy Story...... poooossibly, but maybe more along the lines of Buzz or Woody's worlds and I mean the real ones not the toys themselves. The best bet in my opinon would actually be Brave. That opens up a lot of possibilities. Have Sora, Riku and Kairi work with Merida with her ordeals. Team up with the four tribes to combat the heartless.

I really have no idea where to take the story after it being so jumbled... But what they can ADD to the arc is just limitless! I am hyped for what ever may be!
Aussieroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013   #2
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III

I think KH3 is going to be on its way. To me, the HD collections as well as KH3D feel like they're building up to KH3.

Firstly and most importantly, I'm wondering how they're going to wrap up the Ansem saga and tie everything all together with how convoluted I heard the story's become (I don't have any of the spinoffs aside from 3D. Looking forward to the HD collections so I can play Re: CoM and hopefully BBS).

Disney worlds I'd like to see:
Wreck-It Ralph. PLEEEEEAAAAAASSEEEEE. It's too perfect.
The Jungle Book.
The Emperor's New Groove.
Toy Story!!
Not exactly dying to have them, but I'm expecting representation for The Princess and the Frog and Tangled.

As for new Final Fantasy characters:
Gilgamesh. He would make a great bonus boss; maybe you could get an Excalibur Keyblade by defeating him. Oh hey, what if he showed up in a Sword in the Stone world!?
Terra. It may cause confusion with KH Terra, but if Rikku and Riku can both show up in II, we need FF's first leading lady.
Cecil. More classic representation!
Kain.
Lightning showing up is inevitable, but I like her so I don't mind. Maybe Snow, Sazh, and Serah too.
Bartz.
Rinoa, because seeing her all grown up and how she interacts with Squall/Leon could be really interesting.
Laguna. And they'd better work in his theme song if he does appear!
Zidane.
Garnet.
Garland.

They should try bringing back as many old worlds/characters as possible, though they should do so without complicating the storyline. In that sense, I can see some being left out.

I don't think Vancouver VAs would get involved, since KH's cast is Los Angeles-based only.

Also, would KH3 be on the PS3 or PS4? The PS2 still had good games coming out even after the PS3 was released (God of War II, Persona 3 and 4 come to mind), so maybe the PS3 will be the same. It's still got steam and I don't see the PS4 taking off right away, to be honest.

https://jakegyllenhaals.tumblr.com/p...rrd-masterlist

Last edited by NCZ; 03-01-2013 at 05:01 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013   #3
Aussieroth

I like where your mind's at!

Also... they actually are getting more people from Canada these days. Marvel VS Capcom got people from LA, Texas and Vancouver (Paul Dobson anyone?) Plus they really should outsource. For example: Corey Burton was ok as Frollo, but why not someone like Sam A. Mowry, or Jim Cummings for that matter? Hell everyone thought it was going to be Jim in the first place.

And yes.... Ansem Saga must be completed.
Aussieroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #4
ConfusedPhantom

Kingdom Hearts III is definitely next, since Nomura seems to be building up to it and stuff. They'll definitely wrap up the Seeker of Darkness arc. I can't say I have anything specific to look forward to, story-wise. I just want them to end it and start fresh.

On the Disney side, here's what I'd love to see:
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Gargoyles (DISNEY AFTERNOON REPRESENT! >O)
- Darkwing Duck
- The Black Cauldron
- Treasure Planet
- The Incredibles
- More Stitch stuff
- Toy Story or just Buzz Lightyear
- More Fantasia
- Rescuers Down Under
- The next Tron movie (or even Uprising)

On the Square side, Gilgamesh and some FFIX characters would be neat to see. They'd fit right in. But, I honestly don't want them to be overwrought with cameos, since the focus has always been Disney. Though I love to see some non-FF stuff like characters from the Chrono series.
ConfusedPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #5
NCZ

True. The FF characters have always been supporting roles. Too many would make things crowded.

Good idea in bringing in some of Disney's TV shows! That'd really make things fresh.

Old 06-07-2013   #6
solidejake
Top Contributor

Anyone else hope/expecting to see some form of Marvel and/or Star Wars stuff in this next game? That would be the ultimate present to humanity.
solidejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #7
NCZ

At this rate, KH3 will almost definitely be on PS4.

Star Wars would be amazing. Maybe even Muppets? Muppet versions of Sora, Donald, and Goofy would be pretty funny to see. "You're a bloody puppet!"

As for Marvel, that's such a huge universe I think it'd need its own game, frankly. "Kingdom Hearts - Marvel Edition"? I could see at least Spider-Man, X-Men, or the Avengers getting a world.

Old 06-07-2013   #8
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
At this rate, KH3 will almost definitely be on PS4.

Star Wars would be amazing. Maybe even Muppets? Muppet versions of Sora, Donald, and Goofy would be pretty funny to see. "You're a bloody puppet!"

As for Marvel, that's such a huge universe I think it'd need its own game, frankly. "Kingdom Hearts - Marvel Edition"? I could see at least Spider-Man, X-Men, or the Avengers getting a world.
I think they would probably narrow it down to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Keep it directly Disney.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #9
NCZ

Assuming KH3 comes in 2015, Avengers 2 will be the hottest thing on the market, so realistically that'd be the Marvel world represented then. Kingdom Hearts is known for getting really good substitutes when the original actor's unavailable, so I imagine Eric Loomis would come back as Iron Man if they can't get RDJ. If the community on this site is any indication, people seem to be sick to death of Adrian Pasdar.

Back to the Star Wars world idea... imagine a lightsaber keyblade. Aww yeah. This needs to be in the next game. I'd think that they'd do either the iconic original trilogy or have it tie in with the new trilogy that's being made (since again, 2015).

As for systems, I can see this being the last major game for PS3.

-SE's goal was to make the main series playable on one console, hence the HD remakes.
-Their goal is one KH game a year, which they've been doing since KH2 Final Mix. 3D for last year, HD 1.5 would be this year, 2.5 for next year, all culminating in this. 2015, two years after the PS3's been succeeded.
-The PS2 went on for a few more years after it was replaced. Realistically speaking, looking at major releases happening this year, most companies' "play-it-safe" attitudes in recent years, and the fact that most developers will be more willing to work with an established userbase and a system they have experience developing for, this will definitely happen to the PS3.
-The games would still be streamable to the PS4.
-I don't think it'd be for both systems like Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed 4 are. SE loves to use a system's power to the maximum so I can't really see them blowing off the PS4's possibilities just to make a simultaneous release possible.

Old 06-07-2013   #10
solidejake
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Assuming KH3 comes in 2015, Avengers 2 will be the hottest thing on the market, so realistically that'd be the Marvel world represented then. Kingdom Hearts is known for getting really good substitutes when the original actor's unavailable, so I imagine Eric Loomis would come back as Iron Man if they can't get RDJ. If the community on this site is any indication, people seem to be sick to death of Adrian Pasdar.

Back to the Star Wars world idea... imagine a lightsaber keyblade. Aww yeah. This needs to be in the next game. I'd think that they'd do either the iconic original trilogy or have it tie in with the new trilogy that's being made (since again, 2015).

As for systems, I can see this being the last major game for PS3.

-SE's goal was to make the main series playable on one console, hence the HD remakes.
-Their goal is one KH game a year, which they've been doing since KH2 Final Mix. 3D for last year, HD 1.5 would be this year, 2.5 for next year, all culminating in this. 2015, two years after the PS3's been succeeded.
-The PS2 went on for a few more years after it was replaced. Realistically speaking, looking at major releases happening this year, most companies' "play-it-safe" attitudes in recent years, and the fact that most developers will be more willing to work with an established userbase and a system they have experience developing for, this will definitely happen to the PS3.
-The games would still be streamable to the PS4.
-I don't think it'd be for both systems like Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed 4 are. SE loves to use a system's power to the maximum so I can't really see them blowing off the PS4's possibilities just to make a simultaneous release possible.
Well it is highly rumored that Kingdom Hearts 3 is being shown at E3 this year to be PS4, and I've learned to start believing video game rumors lately. And yeah, I have never really been too keen on Adrian as an Iron Man voice. He's good no doubt, but RD Jr. really set his character up, so I can't get tired of his version (which includes Loomis). I feel that if there would be Marvel, it would include Spider-Man. I don't know why, but I honestly feel like Spider-Man would get along with Sora just great. I also feel like Deadpool is a huge fan of Sora and the Kingdom Hearts games. Star Wars *almost* feels inevitable. That would be so insane to do. The Keyblade becoming a Keysaber or something. And on a side note, I really hope with this streaming on PS4 for PS3 games, that they seriously take into consideration everyone's established libraries and have a work-around for people wanting to play those games on their new consoles.
solidejake is offline   Reply With Quote