Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > DC & Marvel

DC & Marvel Discuss DC & Marvel properties Here

Old 05-02-2013   #1
VctrBnsn

Default Avengers Assemble

Hey guys. Got some insane news. Looks like we won't have to wait that much longer to see Avengers Assemble, because an hour long preview will premiere MAY 26. THAT'S THIS MONTH!! The show will officially air on July 7.

My thoughts on the series, I'll give it a shot. It kinda just seems like a corporate mess trying to ride on the heels of the Avengers movie, even though we already had a perfectly good Avengers series . But I'll have to see some footage to have a true consensus. When I saw the first footage of EMH, I just thought it was a marketing tool as well for when the Avengers movie finally came along. But it was much more than that. Really, it resembled the comics more than anything. So I'll just have to see about this show.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #2
UltimateCharm

Default Re: Avengers Assemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
My thoughts on the series, I'll give it a shot. It kinda just seems like a corporate mess trying to ride on the heels of the Avengers movie, even though we already had a perfectly good Avengers series .
I'm also gonna check it out as well. I don't fault them for making an Avengers cartoon to ride on the success of the movie. They would be stupid not to. Of course, I wish that A:EMH had another season, but what can you do? I can't help but feel this is the kind of show that's been executively mandated and focus grouped to death so that it will pander to the lowest audience because that's what Marvel wants. Not helping matters is the fact that Jeph Loeb is the executive producer of the show and everyone familiar with me knows how I feel about Loeb. All I (and practically everyone else) have to judge this show on is just pictures of the characters. No footage or anything. Not even a bloody trailer. Okay, there's a comic book about the show coming out, but it won't help. If there's footage out there, please let me know. I apologize for being down, because I do want an Avengers show to succeed. I just want it to be good. I remember walking out of Green Lantern disappointed because of how awful it is. And part of the reason for this is Warner Brothers financially backed the movie and also made mandates to it. If there's anything to give hope to, at least the voice actors are at least enthusiastic to be part of the Avengers experience:
How many centuries have I walked this world... caught in the crossfire of human existence? I have walked and walked -- and my eyes have beheld such struggle, such suffering, such unmitigated EVIL... The time will come when I hold the secret in my hands; when I will TRULY KNOW THE SOURCE of humanity's evil... ...and that knowledge will lead me through the Abyss ... to the threshold of GOD. And then the Day of Redemption will arrive-- for this weary world...
UltimateCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #3
VctrBnsn

WAIT! IS THAT ACTUALLY LAURA BAILY, TRAVIS WILLINGHAM, AND ROGER CRAIG SMITH!? AWESOME!

They actually look good in the costumes. I love to see voice actors have fun doing what they love, even if it is a show I have mixed feelings about. That is one reason I started watching Teen Titans Go, just by seeing the joy the cast had about being these characters again.

But yeah, if the series premieres this month (well, kinda, not really) you would think we'd have a trailer by now. But, no. But like I said before, when I saw the trailer for EMH, I thought it would be just marketing garbage. But I was wrong.

Not to be a whiny fanboy, but I still think they could of kept EMH and make it more like the film. They could of changed the animation style, added Black Widow to the team, but they could also still keep those great voice actors. Plus, continuing EMH would let them get into the storylines that were hinted in season 2 but never fully realized, liked the Surtur plot and FREAKIN CIVIL WAR! I have a hard time believing this show will adapt that.

I also heard a plot summery for the show, that hints to what might happen in future episodes. Doctor Doom might be taking over Asgard, which is something I've never seen animated before, but sounds like it can get corny fast. Also, one episode involves Attuma invading Atlantis, so here's hoping for Namor.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara

Last edited by VctrBnsn; 05-03-2013 at 10:55 AM.
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #4
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCharm View Post
Just get the voice cast to take more pics of them in costume. No need to worry about the show, Marvel, you're probably gonna #### it up, anyway.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #5
Music Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCharm View Post
There are other poeple in that pic? All I see is Larua Bailey in a tight black outfit

We need a good comic book based series, after YJ and GL getting cancled all that's left is crappy ones. With Teen Titains Go, I actually miss Ultimate Spiderman which shows how bad things have gotten. Though I have a feeling this, along with Beware the Batman, this will end up being bad.
Music Meister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #6
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
There are other poeple in that pic? All I see is Larua Bailey in a tight black outfit
*dope smack*
Old 05-03-2013   #7
pokemastanumba1

Smile Re: Avengers Assemble

I like Roger's costume the best, he looks really cute in it.

Anyway, I'm definitely not the only one who misses TAEMH, especially with how they've adapted to the comics very well, gotten an amazing voice cast (even Steve Downes had a guest role), and even set up for another season, but eh, it can't be helped. Ever since WatXM was cancelled, Marvel Studios has been going downhill, even a miracle wouldn't be enough to save the company. I suppose this series has at least some promise, given that they're trying to follow up on the completely unexpected popularity of the recent live-action adaptation, there's going to be a full comic book series, and even the voice actors are passionate about it. But, until the first trailer is leaked, I'll wait to pass any judgment.
Old 05-04-2013   #8
TheVengeanceKnight

Even if AEMH went on, it would still have Dumbass 2's fingerprints all over it and none of Yost and Fine's brilliance. I'd say its cancellation is analogous to putting down Old Yeller.
Old 05-05-2013   #9
TylerMirage
Administrator

Just a friendly reminder, guys, to not get too crazy with the insults. (Not saying the thread has become that, just a precaution...) I know there's a lot that's made a chunk of various fanbases upset recently with Marvel, but let's keep the conversation/insults civil.

On topic:

-That is an awesome picture of the VAs!

-My interest has piqued substantially with AA because according to Facebook, David Kaye will be providing the voice of Jarvis. Now, whether or not it's the artificial intelligence J.A.R.V.I.S. or the traditional Alfred-Jarvis remains to be seen. But hey, another more-than-likely recurring role for David in a big TV series is good news to me any way you slice it.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #10
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
-My interest has piqued substantially with AA because according to Facebook, David Kaye will be providing the voice of Jarvis. Now, whether or not it's the artificial intelligence J.A.R.V.I.S. or the traditional Alfred-Jarvis remains to be seen. But hey, another more-than-likely recurring role for David in a big TV series is good news to me any way you slice it.
Of course, if the show is crap (which it probably will be), it's just a waste of good talent.