Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Gaming Central > Upcoming Titles

Upcoming Titles Catch up on the hype surrounding the latest upcoming Video Games.

Old 07-15-2014   #11
BoondocksXAfrofan

Default Re: Tekken 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by akersaotome View Post
Its not as if switching from Japanese audio to another language is going to make a game any different to play. The beauty of having multiple language options for characters is that you can chose which language you want and the audio track hating can end immediately.

Does anyone know if Bandai-Namco still don't credit the English speaking voice actors during the game credits? I can understand if its an issue with unions but still, I do like to know and if a character is voice acted well then I would like to thank them for a good job.
While that is true, there are still some dub haters that still complain about it anyways knowing that they have that option. the sad part about it is people make a big deal about having a duo option and don't approve of it.
BoondocksXAfrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014   #12
akersaotome

The San Diego Comic Con 2014 trailer hit as a full trailer version of the one released during Evo 2014. Reports saying Jun Kazama (Jin Kazama mother) returns for this game as Katsuhiro Harada says the head that Ogre (during Tekken 3 intro) raises isn't Jun Kazama. If it is certain that Jun Kazama does appear as a playable character in this game then casting choices for both English and Japanese audio will be interesting. More importantly, the age of Jun and will Bandai-Namco be brave and make her appear decades older?

Interestingly, Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed and Space Pirate Captain Harlock CG movies) is directing Tekken 7's pre-rendered cinematic, expressed his desire to have Appleseed characters in this game. My guess it would be Briareos and Deunan. Could this mean that the English voice actors David Matranga and Luci Christian get to reprise their roles as Briareos and Deunan? That would be pretty sweet if that were to happen.

I'll wait for responses and I'll mention the actresses who could voice English Jun Kazama later.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014   #13
NCZ
Ask me about unions

I feel like Tag Tournament 2 just came out. 2012 feels like yesterday to me.

At any rate, more Tekken is never a bad thing! The lack of a solid release date has me concerned, but it feels like this will be what ultimately pushes me to get a PS4 in the same way that Tekken 6 inspired my PS3 purchase.
"Good VO in a game takes THREE things. Having good actors, as crucial as they are, is not enough. You need good actors, good writing, and a good director. Oh, and ample time helps a lot too. If you've ever wondered why one of your favorite actors is amazing in one game, and not quite as stellar in another, there is a good chance that the budget or other circumstances didn't allow for much exploration or digging, and the work was just blasted through." - Liam O'Brien

"Michelle Ruff wants Steve Blum to bust up a forced labor camp. Derek Stephen Prince is in charge of this labor camp and he's a dick. Lex Lang finds Michelle's little brother. He's Mona Marshall." - Nightmare Crusher on s-CRY-ed
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014   #14
Zillah

As a huge tekken fan, this might be enough to make me want to get a ps4.
Zillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014   #15
Gaddes

Very nice. I'm not a huge Tekken fan, but I am curious about the English voice cast.
Gaddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #16
akersaotome

Tokyo Game show 2014 revealed some info on Tekken 7. A new character by the name of Catalina, who is described as a "sassy mouthed talker" who "will be vocal in-game".

Assuming this game will have dual audio language option (Japanese and English), choices for Catalina's Japanese voice actress will be big. I think the English option will be alot easier to guess. My two choices for now are: Monica Rial, Brina Palencia. Reasoning for Rial is because its Monica Rial. Reasonings for Brina Palencia are, Bandai-Namco have already worked with her on Tales of Xillia 2 and she's got the fighting game experience with Dead or Alive 5.

Location testing for begins in October where Catalina will make her debut.
Old 10-15-2014   #17
Gaddes

Rial? Unless she's in L.A now, I'm not 100% on that. Briana I can see, if she's currently in L.A or the English voice work was done while she was in L.A for a con. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-20-2014   #18
NCZ
Ask me about unions

After the recent test run, Namco've announced the release date for Tekken 7 in Japanese arcades... February!

I gotta say, that's WAY sooner than I was expecting. I was thinking next autumn at the earliest, but this is less than half a year away. Not that I'm complaining of course. That said, I might just have to complain if we get another Tekken 6 situation where the international console release is two years after it hits Japanese arcades. Kidding aside, knowing how jam-packed with content the home console editions of Tekken games are, I'm sure they're using the time wisely to make it as perfect and complete a package as possible.

(P.S. Expect a page up sometime soon)
"Good VO in a game takes THREE things. Having good actors, as crucial as they are, is not enough. You need good actors, good writing, and a good director. Oh, and ample time helps a lot too. If you've ever wondered why one of your favorite actors is amazing in one game, and not quite as stellar in another, there is a good chance that the budget or other circumstances didn't allow for much exploration or digging, and the work was just blasted through." - Liam O'Brien

"Michelle Ruff wants Steve Blum to bust up a forced labor camp. Derek Stephen Prince is in charge of this labor camp and he's a dick. Lex Lang finds Michelle's little brother. He's Mona Marshall." - Nightmare Crusher on s-CRY-ed
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014   #19
akersaotome

Gameplay trailer was released yesterday in beautiful 60fps on youtube. Japanese vocal narration and my favourite part of the narration was "sexy bad girl". I believe the narration was done by Fumihiko Tachiki (v.a for Zaraki Kenpachi in Japanese for the anime series Bleach).

Confirmed new characters in Claudio Serafino and Katarina Alves. Serafino as the Italian and Alves as the Brazilian, both spoke in their native languages.

For its console release assuming the game will have multi audio languages settings, will it mean that for Claudio and Katarina could have Italian and Japanese for Serafino and Portuguese and Japanese for Katarina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddes View Post
Rial? Unless she's in L.A now, I'm not 100% on that. Briana I can see, if she's currently in L.A or the English voice work was done while she was in L.A for a con. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
I look at what Bandai-Namco did with Tales of Xillia 2, especially with the English cast. If Bandai-Namco managed to get actors/actresses stationed in Texas to come to L.A to record for a video game, anything is possible. I would welcome the idea of Monica Rial and Brina Palencia in a Tekken game.
Old 11-13-2014   #20
Gaddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by akersaotome View Post
Gameplay trailer was released yesterday in beautiful 60fps on youtube. Japanese vocal narration and my favourite part of the narration was "sexy bad girl". I believe the narration was done by Fumihiko Tachiki (v.a for Zaraki Kenpachi in Japanese for the anime series Bleach).

Confirmed new characters in Claudio Serafino and Katarina Alves. Serafino as the Italian and Alves as the Brazilian, both spoke in their native languages.

For its console release assuming the game will have multi audio languages settings, will it mean that for Claudio and Katarina could have Italian and Japanese for Serafino and Portuguese and Japanese for Katarina?

I look at what Bandai-Namco did with Tales of Xillia 2, especially with the English cast. If Bandai-Namco managed to get actors/actresses stationed in Texas to come to L.A to record for a video game, anything is possible. I would welcome the idea of Monica Rial and Brina Palencia in a Tekken game.
I can see that as well. I have no problem with Funi VA's showing up, but in the long run, it makes sense to be where the work is to quote Kyle Hebert. As for the game itself? I'm surprised it run's that good on the Unreal Engine, although the real test will be how the console versions hold up lol

Last edited by Gaddes; 11-14-2014 at 03:59 PM.