Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Warner Brothers

Warner Brothers Discuss Warner Brothers properties Here

Old 12-04-2014   #11
skeletonking1234

Default Re: Will Scooby-Doo ever get a break?

here's the thing, it's the exact same for Tom and Jerry, as long as it's quick to make and it's still making money they will continue the franchise, and Scooby Doo is one of the most profitable cartoons of the past 45 years so I doubt they're gonna stop anytime soon.

As much as I liked the first four scooby doo movies and Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, I do kind of wish they stopped with the stuff, since I feel they got stale with the movies when Legend of the Vampire or whatever it was called came out, and What's New Scooby Doo was a borefest IMO.
skeletonking1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014   #12
economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonking1234 View Post
here's the thing, it's the exact same for Tom and Jerry, as long as it's quick to make and it's still making money they will continue the franchise, and Scooby Doo is one of the most profitable cartoons of the past 45 years so I doubt they're gonna stop anytime soon.

As much as I liked the first four scooby doo movies and Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, I do kind of wish they stopped with the stuff, since I feel they got stale with the movies when Legend of the Vampire or whatever it was called came out, and What's New Scooby Doo was a borefest IMO.
Agreed. Although I never saw Legend of the Vampire or WNSD.
Old 12-04-2014   #13
BlueHeracross

Well Mystery Inc. was pretty good, right? A shame it's over though. I guess for the past decade it has almost constantly had a TV show running so maybe it could use a break.
BlueHeracross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014   #14
economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeracross View Post
Well Mystery Inc. was pretty good, right? A shame it's over though. I guess for the past decade it has almost constantly had a TV show running so maybe it could use a break.
Mystery Inc. Was Passable. And Yes, Scooby-Doo deserves a break.
Old 12-04-2014   #15
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonking1234 View Post

I liked them for being based off the original series and having it's cast and music, After Pirates Ahoy in 2006, it got really boring, though some good movies come out with this animation. Camp Scare is my favorite though I liked Big Top and Frankencreepy, although the latter should have made more SPOILER villains wanting revenge, and mot made it obvious by using those villains in the beginning, I'd have loved for the Ghost Clown to appear, as the one who hypnotized them.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 10-13-2016 at 08:41 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014   #16
economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I liked them for being based off the original series and having it's cast and music, After Pirates Ahoy in 2006, it got really boring, though some good movies come out with this animation, Camp Scare is my favorite though I liked Big Top and Frankencreepy, although the latter should have made more SPOILER villains wanting revenge, and mot made it obvious by using those villains in the beginning, I'd have loved for the Ghost Clown to appear, as the one who hypnotized them.
Big Top and Camp Scare are my favorites too. Pirates Ahoy was Ok. And Frankencreepy was pretty entertaining.
Old 01-13-2015   #17
virtual revenger

I wish they wouldn't have started these movie even though Zombie Island and Goblin King were better good.
virtual revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015   #18
economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual revenger View Post
I wish they wouldn't have started these movie even though Zombie Island and Goblin King were better good.
Same Here.
Old 02-14-2015   #19
OmeedMirVA

I think the only good Scooby Doo TV shows and movies were the ones that premiered before the early-mid 2000s. Anyway, as long as Warner Bros and Cartoon Network can make money off of it, it will never end.
OmeedMirVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015   #20
Blair

Giving Scooby a break would be like like The Simpsons going off of the air. It was something that worked very well from the start, and even if there was a downtime it has been ingrained in television culture such that people would be asking when it was coming back. It is why Scooby has a float in the Macy's Day parade and ended up a prominent figure in any Hanna Barbera crossovers.

I remember when I was a teen (before the Internet) Cartoon Network had a "favorite character" contest there winner would become Cartoon President or something. I do not recall how it worked exactly since there were over 100 characters you could pick from, but you called a number (this is before texting as well, of course) and voted. Through the day, at the bottom of the screen, a marquee ran continuously showing characters names, their position, and number of votes.

I remember Scooby winning hands down with almost twice as many votes as the next character and over 10 times more than characters around 10th place.