Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 02-10-2018   #1
Bry

Default The House Of The Dead Series

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD!

Who wants to guess which uncredited Japanese English voice actors are which in this arcade trilogy?

HOTD1

I only have one actor who have been credited for the first game, and even then Iím positive thatís not the entire cast. That, and add the fact that the Japanese-English pool could either be completely unknown or sort of familiar, and itís a complete crapshoot. So yeah, good f***ing luck for us.

Lynn Harris (confirmed on IMDB as Sophie) - Sheís the usual suspect for these sort of games, but I couldnít find any other official sources other than IMDB.

https://youtu.be/pXqzaFvimqM

Sophie Richards (0:19) - Lynn Harris (it does kinda sound like Rebecca Chambers)

Dr. Roy Curien (0:47, 18:49, 23:23) - Iím getting some really close vibes of Robert Belgrade (think of his Optimus Prime and Alucard). Might be Jeff Manning too?

Thomas Rogan (6:29, 13:24, 26:42) -

Dying Person (2:37) -

Fleeing Survivor (2:47) - sounds like Scott McCulloch?

Hangedman (3:12, 11:54) -

No Man (3:28) -

Female Survivor (6:00) - Lynn?

The Magician (23:46, 26:12) -

ďIím not the one to judge fandoms (except when I am)Ē - Bry, 11/23/2018

I was Ghosty404, but donít call me that anymore.
Bry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018   #2
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: The House Of The Dead Series

The Lynn Harris credits miiiight be accurate, but just as a heads-up there's been a lot of unsourced stuff submitted about her around the internet for a while. Like that Sonic CD Amy credit is most likely not true but it still keeps popping up here and there. I remember she was credited as SFII Chun-Li for a while. She used to be attributed to Nina and Anna in Tekken but that was really Yumi Touma according to her agency profile.

This is probably more believable than that and HOTD 1 and 2 were almost definitely done in Japan, but yeah, their casts are a total nightmare to figure out. Especially since they're so old a lot of the actors in them may or may not still be working or have agency info to track down. And I'd love to know who did Zeal but his voice is edited so heavily anyone who could pick him out should get a medal.

This kinda reminds me, without saying too much, there are a couple San Francisco-done Sega games that I've actually been in touch with Greg Weber about so hopefully I can have those up at some point soon.

Last edited by NCZ; 02-10-2018 at 11:47 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018   #3
rosebr10

Ryan Drees credits himself for House of the Dead II on his Japanese website (as opposed to "House of the Dead" on his English profile).

EDIT: His SAI profile, however, indicates that he started working as a voice actor in 2000, which would imply that he actually worked on a later entry in the series, as HotD2 was 1998.

At the very least I think it's safe to rule out Goldman, Harry et al.

For HoTD1 I think Thomas Rogan is either Michael G or Jeff Manning. It's that Ted Lewis-sounding aspect they both have. Lynn Harris as the female cast also holds up well enough.

Last edited by rosebr10; 02-10-2018 at 12:25 PM.
rosebr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018   #4
Bry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebr10 View Post
Ryan Drees credits himself for House of the Dead II on his Japanese website (as opposed to "House of the Dead" on his English profile).

EDIT: His SAI profile, however, indicates that he started working as a voice actor in 2000, which would imply that he actually worked on a later entry in the series, as HotD2 was 1998.

At the very least I think it's safe to rule out Goldman, Harry et al.

For HoTD1 I think Thomas Rogan is either Michael G or Jeff Manning. It's that Ted Lewis-sounding aspect they both have. Lynn Harris as the female cast also holds up well enough.
I can believe Rogan as Jeff Manning. It kind of sounds like some of his samples on his page. Michael G doesnít really sound as high as Jeff. The main villain Iím still holding hope that itís Belgrade, but the voice is so pitched down that itís throwing me off a bit.

Old 02-10-2018   #5
Metabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
And I'd love to know who did Zeal but his voice is edited so heavily anyone who could pick him out should get a medal.
I get the feeling it was most likely the same guy who voiced the Hangedman in the first game, although again it's so heavily edited it could be someone else.
Old 02-12-2018   #6
Bry

Concerning HOTD2, I think Ryan Drees is Goldman and no one else. Some of his voice samples have the same sharp tone that Goldman has.. just more boring as the character.

Old 02-14-2018   #7
Bry

I’m getting a little ahead of myself without dwelling on HOTD1, but I think James (@6:20) in HOTD2 is David Schaufele. If you listen closely to James, you can hear a really stilted Eddie Dombrowski.

Listening to Thomas Rogan again, is there a chance that it could be Eric Kelso? Some of his characters sound like Rogan, and his Standard/Education samples sound rather close to Rogan. Then again, his profile says he didn’t do HOTD, so maybe not.

Old 02-14-2018   #8
Bry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigikun View Post
I thought the game was dubbed in a San Diego based studio given that it's said that Tails's first VA in Adventures voiced Gary.
Regarding that.. I doubt it would make any sense at all to get someone from SD just for some lines, when someone in Japan can get someone to speak English for the characters.

Also, in this video (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hE0WMEtOtzk), someone allegedly had the cast list in the comments. I really canít hear Gary being Corey Bringas, especially since Corey was still voicing Tails at that time, so the deepest he would theoretically get would be some weird teenaged deep voice, but notably young. Honestly, I think itís just website rumors.

Old 02-15-2018   #9
Bry

Hearing James Taylor and Goldman in HOTD2 and comparing the VA’s demos, I can hear Russ’ voice in James Taylor, and more of Ryan Drees in Goldman. I’m not so sure about the rest of the cast in that Youtuber’s comment.

EDIT: I’m trying to listen for Dennis St. James’ voice in James Taylor, I can’t really tell if it’s him. I could buy Greg Dale as Agent G.

Last edited by Bry; 02-15-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2018   #10
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigikun View Post
I thought the game was dubbed in a San Diego based studio given that it's said that Tails's first VA in Adventures voiced Gary.
Please don't make posts like this without linking sources. The only one I can find is a wikia which doesn't help us.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote