Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Patreon > What Is Patreon?

What Is Patreon? Love BTVA? Show your support on Patreon to help the site reach Goals. Members can earn Rewards.

Old 04-09-2018   #11
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: BTVA Patreon - Rewards

If such a thing were to happen I'd probably just use my personal account, or set one up purely for those purposes. Since it'd be a patron-exclusive perk then doing that should be fine. The idea is that the videos and links would be embedded there for them to follow.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018   #12
Bry

I think that would be a good idea. Would be a good way to humanize the staff to more than just usernames.

Im not the one to judge fandoms (except when I am) - Bry, 11/23/18
Bry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018   #13
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty404 View Post
I think that would be a good idea. Would be a good way to humanize the staff to more than just usernames.
Right. Like first off, I want to say I'm not really interested in becoming one of those Personalities or Influencers, but I do think it would be nice to have for the community, have everyone get to know each other a little better, and be a fun social thing, know what I mean?
Old 04-09-2018   #14
SNaG

First off, wanna say it's a great idea. Once I do my budgeting for the month I'll definitely pledge. Love the site and always want to help out.

How many levels of rewards are you planning on doing, if you have any idea?

Also I love the livestream idea, that'd be cool to do.
Old 04-09-2018   #15
Foxwolf
Administrator

The idea of this initial soft launch is to gauge interest. If all goes well, the plan will be to have multiple Reward tiers, with factors based on team decisions and community feedback. The Patreon relationship directly consists of the site and the fans. Rewards will have to benefit both sides.
Old 04-09-2018   #16
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
The idea of this initial soft launch is to gauge interest. If all goes well, the plan will be to have multiple Reward tiers, with factors based on team decisions and community feedback. The Patreon relationship directly consists of the site and the fans. Rewards will have to benefit both sides.
Well, you definitely have mine, coming shortly. Hope all goes well and will keep checking back in to see what you guys cook-up.

Do you guys have more details on your "VIP" forum? I know it's very early stages, but if you have any more thoughts about it I would like to know them. Since this forum is about VO appreciation I'm a little hesitant about gating it off to patrons but I wanted to hear any further ideas about it if they exist.
Old 04-09-2018   #17
NachoElephant

Getting a Patreon for BTVA is a great idea
You already got my support
Old 04-09-2018   #18
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

First off, yes, I'm very glad to hear that there is support for this. It means a lot. If everyone could give even 2 or 5 dollars a month, that's a pretty small amount at the end of the day, but it adds up quickly if we get a decent number of supporters. The important thing is making sure we can come up with good goals that are feasible and exciting, and reward tiers that are, well, rewarding and meaningful, and above all we want to make sure we can deliver on both fronts reliably. So that's a big part of why we'd like to get feedback and hear some ideas before our official launch. So far it's been really interesting everything into account.

Remember to check out the other threads in this subforum as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Well, you definitely have mine, coming shortly. Hope all goes well and will keep checking back in to see what you guys cook-up.

Do you guys have more details on your "VIP" forum? I know it's very early stages, but if you have any more thoughts about it I would like to know them. Since this forum is about VO appreciation I'm a little hesitant about gating it off to patrons but I wanted to hear any further ideas about it if they exist.
So the idea of the VIP forum was that that'd be something reserved as a place for pro VAs on here to mingle with each other and be able to talk to the staff directly. But that's literally just something we brainstormed as a possibility so it's just something we were throwing out there. Not everything might end up happening exactly as it is on that list, so we're trying to get a gauge for what is feasible, what people would like to see, throughout the soft launch.

On that note, I don't know if I'm allowed to say this since nothing is set in stone yet, I'm sure there are a few things that could be cool possible reward tiers or goals that involve a partnership of some sort with pro VAs since we have made arrangements in the past. But again that's something that we're going to have to be looking at the logistics of and would have to work out. If that's something people would like and we can pull off then it might be worth thinking about.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-09-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2018   #19
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quick little progress report! Been a busy week. We've been taking things into account behind the scenes and we'll be sending an official survey out so we can officially lock down goals and rewards, along with collecting general round-the-site feedback pretty soon.

First things first i'm thinking about doing a test stream tomorrow night (i.e. Sunday - today in most time zones, oops). Say around 6pm EST? I can answer some questions live and I'll put on something to keep people entertained.
Old 04-15-2018   #20
Bry

Sure, that sounds pretty fun.

Im not the one to judge fandoms (except when I am) - Bry, 11/23/18
Bry is online now   Reply With Quote