Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 05-24-2016   #1
VoteForSirAtlas
Banned

Default Who One Piece: Pirates Carnival's Marshall D. Teach really is!

I discovered who One Piece: Pirates Carnival's Marshall D. Teach really is. Listen to David Wills' voice from 06:28 to 09:07 at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5qlEC8Hp3Y

And... Listen to Marshall D. Teach's voice at http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ach-Blackbeard.

To me, the voices of David Wills and Mike Pollock are very similar. And it turns out that David Wills provided Marshall D. Teach's voice.

How about that?
VoteForSirAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016   #2
rosebr10

Default Re: Who One Piece: Pirates Carnival's Marshall D. Teach really is!

Well at the very least Wills is in the credits list (much unlike Pollock), though do keep the possibility of uncredited people open (ex. Priscilla Everett wasn't listed for One Piece: Grand Adventure, and none of the undetermined aliases are indicative of a female actor) [Kevin Kolack, Robert O'Gorman and Sean Schemmel are also uncredited (at least by those names)].

Another way to look at it is to see who in Pirates' Carnival is exclusive there (as opposed to Grand Battle) (see below), since Blackbeard is only in Pirates' Carnival for the 4Kids-dubbed games (right?).

Anywho, since I'm here I'll put the end credits cast up for reference

VOICES
Michael Alston Baley
Marc Diraison
Darren Dunstan
Max Evans
Wayne Grayson
Jason Griffith
Britton Herring
Jesse Hooker
Matt Hoverman
Bella Hudson
Corey James
Lance Jonathan
David Lapkin
Arto Laurence
Gary Mack
Brian Maillard
Christopher L. McAllister, I.
David Moo
Karen Neill
Lisa Ortiz
Andrew Paull
J. Ward Regan
Tom Souhrada
Veronica Taylor
Marc Thompson
Russell Velasquez
Kerry Williams
David Wills
Pete Zarustica

*note: Yes, the credited cast is exactly the same between Grand Adventure and Pirates' Carnival.

I'll throw in Grand Battle's, too, since it actually varies.

Voices
Michael Alston Baley
Maddie Blaustein
Carter Cathcart
Kathleen Delaney
Marc Diraison
Priscilla Everett
Robert Gorman
Wayne Grayson
Dan Green
J. Griff
Bella Hudson
Corey James
Peter Katana
Kevin Kolack
Gary Littman
Brian Maillard
David Moo
Nappy
Lisa Ortiz
Andrew Paull
J. Ward Regan
Sean Schemmel
Tom Souhrada
Eric Stuart
Veronica Taylor
Marc Thompson
Thomas Wayland
Kerri Williams
David Wills
Pete Zarustica

---

I'm not all too keen on the Chris Collet side of 4Kids Entertainement aside from the later Yu-Gi-Oh! GX seasons, so I can't really vouch for any familiar patterns, pseudonyms or gimmicks that might help. Nonetheless, I've centralized the VG info, which from having been able to dig up at least one (1st of 2 or 3 out there?) set of One Piece anime credits, is at least substantial and more representative of the whole than 5 Strawhats, their Narrator, and Gol'D.

Last edited by rosebr10; 12-06-2016 at 12:02 PM.
rosebr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016   #3
A-Log

Good job! Most of those names also popped up in the series. For example, I talked to Peter Katana years ago, and he told me he voiced G(h)in. Also, from further research, Corey James voiced one of the bandits in an episode of Pokemon. I'm unsure if he's the real Smoker/Chaser or Russell Velazquez, but it's the latter, since the guy had a clip of his performance on YouTube. Most of the others in the last two games voiced those who were in the Skypeia arc and above. That's my two cents.
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017   #4
Bry

Figured to bump this thread to ask this:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...e-Piece/Wyper/

Who voiced this guy? I want to say James Cathcart, but it really just sounds more like Ted Lewis doing a Weevil impression (think of his Escargoon)

NCoach Z's got money, but not much.
Bry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017   #5
Kirbopher
Professional Voice Actor

Ones I know for certain from my own research (specifically regarding characters that appear in Grand Battle, Grand Adventure and Pirates Carnival):

Michael Alston Baley - Crocodile, Roux
Maddie Blaustein - Kureha
Carter Cathcart - Butchie
Kathleen Delaney - ? (Hina in the series)
Marc Diraison - Zoro
Darren Dunstan - ?
Max Evans - ?
Priscilla Everett - Kuina, Tashigi
Robert Gorman - Zeff, Carne
Wayne Grayson - Eneru, Yosaku
Dan Green - Johnny
Jason Griffith/J. Griff - Ussop, Yassop
Britton Herring - ? (Kamyu in the series)
Jesse Hooker - Ace
Matt Hoverman - Pell, Wapol, Genzo
Bella Hudson/Erica Shroeder - Luffy
Corey James - ?
Lance Jonathan - ?
Peter Katana - Gin
Kevin Kolack - Bon Clay, Pepper
David Lapkin - Satori
Arto Laurence - ?
Gary Mack/Gary Littman - Kuro
Brian Maillard - ? ("Big" Chopper in the series)
Christopher L. McAllister, I. - ?
David Moo - Sanji
Nappy - Carrot
Karen Neill - Vivi
Lisa Ortiz - Chopper
Andrew Paull/Chris Collett - Pearl, Beckman, Mihawk
J. Ward Regan - Cabaji
Sean Schemmel - Kuroobi, Grand Battle Announcer
Tom Souhrada - Shanks
Eric Stuart - Siam
Veronica Taylor - Robin
Marc Thompson - Don Krieg
Russell Velasquez - Smoker, Chaka
Thomas Wayland - Choo
Kerry Williams - Nami
David Wills - Arlong, Buggy
Pete Zarustica - Onion, Jango

When it comes to the characters seen in "Grand Battle": Kathleen Delaney, Corey James
Peter Katana and Brian Maillard are all credited but haven't been linked to their specific characters yet. Miss Doublefinger and Mr. 1 have dialogue in the game during Crocodile's story mode, but for the life of me I can't find footage of it these day. Doublefinger's played by Eva Kaminsky in the series, so if it might have been Kathleen Delaney in the game for her few lines? Still don't know who voiced Gin, I believe Sean Schemmel as Hachi was another mistake...so my -guesses- (not guarantees) are Maillard as Mr. 1, either Katana or James as Hachi or Gin and most likely Delaney as Doublefinger. If I'm missing any other characters, remind me.

For Grand Adventure/Pirates Carnival, I've not played the latter game extensively, so I don't know what characters all appear in that and speak, unfortunately. Carter Cathcart was NOT Satori; he wasn't working for 4Kids for at least a year or two by that time. Andrew Rannells also definitely was NOT Bellamy, as he'd been long out of the VO game by that time on Broadway. Christopher L. McAllister is a film actor, but I've not found footage of him to compare what he sounds like to any of the yet-to-be-determined characters. Max Evans, Britton Herring, Lance Jonathan and Arto Laurence I've got NO idea. Some of them might have even been Eneru's priests, the Giants, Laboon, Blackbeard, Wyper or Bellamy. David Lapkin voiced Mr. 7 in the series, but no clue who else he would've played. I've honestly only ever played Pirates Carnival 1 and a half times before getting massively bored to death by it, but Grand Adventure I combed through pretty extensively.

While we're on the topic, Scottie Ray was NEVER Smoker, Chaka or Miss Monday (or Ohm in the games). That was a mistake I posted YEARS ago that was never corrected anywhere; all of those characters were played by Russ Velasquez. Mr. 5 was played by someone else, of who I don't know.

EDIT: Updated Satori and Gin.

Last edited by Kirbopher; 08-28-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Kirbopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017   #6
whyofbladez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbopher View Post
Carter Cathcart was NOT Satori; he wasn't working for 4Kids for at least a year or two by that time.
A-Log apparently got info that David Lapkin was Satori. As he commented on the voice compare section;

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Log
That's not Zoppi, that's David Lapkin as the NYC Satori. I once had a phone call with the guy, and he confirmed it. Take a listen to his other roles and see what I mean.
While we're on the topic of 4Kids voices; who do you reckon voiced Nojiko? Apparently Tara Sands denied voicing her.
whyofbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017   #7
Kirbopher
Professional Voice Actor

Oh, my bad. Could'a sworn that was Darren. Tara's definitely Nojiko; she probably just forgot since it was so long ago.
Old 08-28-2017   #8
whyofbladez

Quote:
Oh, my bad. Could'a sworn that was Darren. Tara's definitely Nojiko; she probably just forgot since it was so long ago.
I'm not familiar with Tara's voice (yet anyhow) and given how knowledgeable you clearly are on this, I'll take your word for it. I haven't seen where exactly she denied it so for all I know that could be false.
Old 04-14-2019   #9
whyofbladez

Quote:
While we're on the topic, Scottie Ray was NEVER Smoker, Chaka or Miss Monday (or Ohm in the games). That was a mistake I posted YEARS ago that was never corrected anywhere; all of those characters were played by Russ Velasquez. Mr. 5 was played by someone else, of who I don't know.
After finding about "Funky Cops", I'm starting to think Mr. 5 might've been Reginald Metcalf. Can't say for sure, but they sound pretty similar, especially when Metcalf gets lower in that voice clip of Ace. Either way, definitely a better candidate than Scottie Ray.
Old 04-14-2019   #10
Kirbopher
Professional Voice Actor

Yeah, that's definitely Mr. 5's actor. I hadn't ever heard this guy in Funky Cops before, but listening to this again I'd say it's a match. You can hear Russ Velazquez as Miss Monday in this clip as well.