Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 10-26-2015   #11
NCZ
Eh? Char? Don't know him.

Default Re: Street Fighter V

Wow, this new trailer looks amazing!
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015   #12
electronic456

I'm hoping for some really good themes from the game. Ken and Ryu both sound awesome. But for others like Cammy's new one. It doesn't really fit my taste. But that's just me.

Ryu theme

Ken theme

Although I'm a bit disappointed that Guile might not be there considering Charlie is back and he looks like he's taken his spot. :/
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015   #13
NCZ

Street Fighter music has always been good. I've only checked out a couple of the samples (I want to remain as pure as possible so I can be surprised when I play the game) but I like them. Vega, Charlie, and Ken's themes all sound excellent.

I dunno how common this perspective is, but uh, to be honest I've never really liked Guile all that much. Something about him has always bugged me and I feel it's probably a combination of his design, role in the story, and personality being unappealing to me. I always preferred Charlie (and even Remy) as a character, plus it feels more fresh to have him than the same old SFII characters we've seen over and over. I'm not happy Zangief's in the game either for similar reasons, but oh well.

(Also Guile's theme is only popular because of the time it became a meme and doesn't even come close to being among the best Street Fighter songs. That might be getting really edgy though.)

Last edited by NCZ; 10-26-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2015   #14
electronic456

Guile's theme keeps me motivated. It's just really good to listen to. Most of time.... Depending how they do it.
Old 10-26-2015   #15
NCZ

The best motivational theme in fighting games is the training theme from MVC2.
Old 10-26-2015   #16
electronic456

I could've edited one of my posts but.... NCZ,I noticed you're not happy about Zangief being in the game.

I get that Zangief is annoying to go up against. Even Rich Moore( the director of Wreck-It Ralph) states this. But.... Zangief is kind of cool and entertaining character. He's one of the best Russian characters in media.

Personally for me Zangief usually can be the best part in anything Street Fighter related whenever he's there. In fact he's arguably one of best parts in the 1994 Street Fighter movie.

Plus he's kind of big face for the franchise right now. Ah well... Here's to all the Piledriving that's gonna be in the game.
Old 10-27-2015   #17
NCZ

I dunno. I've just always found Zangief to be somewhat uninteresting. I'm not really a fan of his character design and I've never really enjoyed his playstyle. I recognize that the latter has its fans though, but my problem is that Zangief is just so... vanilla.

I tend to dislike "big guy" characters in fighting games, but the more I think of it, the more I just hate boring ones. Characters like Zangief, Potemkin, or E. Honda, I don't care for, but I love characters like Alex, Hakan, or Tizoc/Griffin Mask because they're visually and functionally memorable. Tekken is a series that I look to as an example because I actually like almost all of their "big guy" characters from both character and playstyle perspectives. And I have to give props to Shermie from King of Fighters, for filling the "big guy" niche while A) being a likeable and memorable character personality, design, and role-in-the-story wise, and B) being a slim lady.

So many fighting games just fall into the pratfall of having the "big guy" be just a big guy with nothing unique about him, which I think is disappointing. Zangief is one of those, unfortunately.

And also because Alex is one of my favourite characters from SFIII and I (and many other fans) were looking forward to seeing him come back. Missing out on him in favour of Zangief, who we've seen so many times before already, just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm sure he'll be DLC later down the line or something, but I feel like having Zangief instead of him at launch isn't a particularly exciting move on Capcom's part.

Last edited by NCZ; 10-27-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-27-2015   #18
NCZ

The game will launch on February 16th in Europe and the Americas, and the 18th in Japan.

That's far sooner than I expected. The Japanese website had it set for Spring, so that + Capcom's FY report implied that it'd be March. Very excited about this. February is set to be an amazing month for games!

Capcom've also promised to have 6 additional DLC characters available between then, and February 2017. Excellent to see a committed plan to support the game. Hopefully we get some fan favourites.
Old 04-01-2016   #19
NachoElephant

Great to have Alex in Street Fighter V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bkK7YiceI
I found information on his English Voice Actor he's name is Mark Whitten and he confirm on his Twitter
https://twitter.com/mpwhitten
Old 04-01-2016   #20
NCZ

Oh hey, awesome! From what I saw it didn't seem like they updated the credits, so i wasn't able to update anything. Nice find!

Now all we need is his JP voice actor. Japanese wikipedia claims it's Kenichiro Matsuda but I'm working on confirming that since I'm not sure how they got that info yet.