Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 12-31-2016   #1
Unknownsage13

Default Fate/Apocrypha

With the news of the Apocrypha anime I figured I'd make a list. Just off top of my head I can picture.

My list is based off it being an LA based unionized dub. I am aware a few of these actors may have been in previous ones. But if I include them it's because they didn't have a big role, they can sound different, or they were recast in later Fate shows. Also note, for the other Saber faces they have different Japanese actresses then the main Saber, so I tried to follow suit here.

Ruler-Brina Palencia

Seig-Ray Chase

Darnic-Steve Staley
Gordes-Paul St Peter
Fiore-Rachael Lillis
Celenike-Veronica Taylor
Roche-Amanda Celine Miller
Caules-Max Mittelman
Reika-Kate Higgins
Saber of Black-Ben Pronsky
Rider of Black-Tara Jayne
Archer of Black-David Lodge
Lancer of Black-Richard Epcar
Assassin of Black-Colleen O'Shaugessey
Berserker of Black-Dorothy Fahn
Caster of Black-Doug Stone

Kairi-Steve Blum
Saber of Red-Julie Ann Taylor (figured she could come back since she voiced this character briefly in the original series)

Shirou-Bryce Papenbrook
Rider of Red-Robbie Daymond
Archer of Red-Abby Trott
Lancer of Red-Keith Silverstein
Assassin of Red-Erica Lindbeck
Berserker of Red-Joshua Tomar
Caster of Red-Chris Tergliafera

What's some of your lists?
Unknownsage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017   #2
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Default Re: Fate/Apocrypha

If it's as big a deal as Aniplex made F/Z out to be, I want Fred Tatasciore in this. I havent played HF or seen FZ or any of the spinoffs tho, so I cant really make a list. Also I think there's a thread for FSN in general already.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017   #3
Unknownsage13

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed View Post
If it's as big a deal as Aniplex made F/Z out to be, I want Fred Tatasciore in this.
I'd be cool with that. Could they'd probably need to be paying as much as the Naruto dub in order to get him.

I could totally picture him voicing Spartacus. Though if we wanna avoid typecasting. He can use his more calm/intelligent voice to play Darnic.

Quote:
Also I think there's a thread for FSN in general already.
There's a Fate/Zero thread so I just figured mods/admin were cool with other Fate series threads.
Unknownsage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017   #4
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsage13 View Post
I'd be cool with that. Could they'd probably need to be paying as much as the Naruto dub in order to get him. I could totally picture him voicing Spartacus. Though if we wanna avoid typecasting. He can use his more calm/intelligent voice to play Darnic. There's a Fate/Zero thread so I just figured mods/admin were cool with other Fate series threads.
I've only ever seen (pre-HF) VN & the stuff based on it (besides the UBW film). I dunno if there are like, JP clips or anything to base it off if, which is what I use when I havent seen a show. I've accidentally made re-threads of I think Metal Gear, Haruhi, Persona & a few others before. I guess the site folks dont mind, but I want to "keep it clean", so to speak.

I think it's not too unrealistic for Fred to be here, were this to get dubbed similarly to Fate Zero, chances'd be better if they turned it up a bit. Aniplex can afford good I think. I typed something out, but feel itd be better suited off this thread. Visitor page maybe.
Old 01-11-2017   #5
Troodon2

Quote:
I've only ever seen (pre-HF) VN & the stuff based on it (besides the UBW film). I dunno if there are like, JP clips or anything to base it off if, which is what I use when I havent seen a show. I've accidentally made re-threads of I think Metal Gear, Haruhi, Persona & a few others before. I guess the site folks dont mind, but I want to "keep it clean", so to speak.

I think it's not too unrealistic for Fred to be here, were this to get dubbed similarly to Fate Zero, chances'd be better if they turned it up a bit. Aniplex can afford good I think. I typed something out, but feel itd be better suited off this thread. Visitor page maybe.
If it's any consolation, I can probably think up a cast for this entity.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017   #6
Autovolt

Well Fred was in The Laws of the Universe dub which was done by Bang Zoom, so it's not a complete stretch to get him.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017   #7
Lion's Edge

Still working on a full cast, because I absolutely LOVE Fate/Apocrypha, but off the top of my head?

A touch generic, but I think Erica Mendez could make a great Saber of Red. Her Ryuko, specifically, hits all the right sort of personality spots: roughness, aggression, passionate zeal, confidence, volume, presence... Everything about both Mordred and Ryuko is their nature as rebels, and Erica definitely has the right sort of range and passion to deliver it.
Lion's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017   #8
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
If it's any consolation, I can probably think up a cast for this entity.
Have you read the comics or something? how would one come up with a cast for this, when the show doesnt exist?
Old 01-16-2017   #9
Troodon2

Quote:
Have you read the comics or something? how would one come up with a cast for this, when the show doesnt exist?
If there is a comic, or at least pictures of the characters I can draw reference from, I'll look to them and judge on who should voice which character.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017   #10
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
If there is a comic, or at least pictures of the characters I can draw reference from, I'll look to them and judge on who should voice which character.
MyAnimeList has a list of characters for each property they cover; here's this particular show: https://myanimelist.net/manga/33005/...pha/characters

Apparently (according to Wiki) they have VAs cast in the Japanese version. I've never read the book or comic, so of course it wont be great, I just like listening for sound-alikes:

Ruler - Rosario Dawson
Saber of Black/Siegfried - Diedrich Bader
Archer of Black - Robin Atkin Downes
Lancer of Black - Rick D Wasserman
Rider of Black - never heard of her VA but off TOMH by picture I'd say Kari Wahlgren
Saber of Red/Mordred - okay her Japanese actor sounds like Kari Wahlgren but obviously I cant just reuse old Saber, so...Grey DeLisle would be a nice callback
Archer of Red - Candi Milo
Lancer of Red - Crispin Freeman works great, like Koji Yusa, for this pretty boy
Rider of Red http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150205133647 - Matthew Mercer actually
Caster of Red - Darran Norris
Assassin of Red - Camilla Luddington
Shirou Kotomine - Eric Bauza

Fairly generic, but from what of I know of prelay VAs I thought this was good.