Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 02-23-2017   #41
Unknownsage13

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter 2011

Though also with predictions. We also need to have the mentality that actors with wide range or who play characters that aren't around very long could play multiple characters. Like Rachael Lillis playing both Gon's aunt and the main announcer in Heaven's Arena.

Like I could totally see Kira Buckland or Dorothy Fahn using their normal voices to play later female characters. And heck. Of the main cast: CristinaVee, Erika Harlacher, Matthew Mercer, and Keith Silverstein aren't even using the types of voices I original knew them for.
Unknownsage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017   #42
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Post Re: Hunter x Hunter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAnimefan1995 View Post
Chrollo Lucilfer – Johnny Yong Bosch (1), Robbie Daymond (2), Ben Pronsky (3), or Ben Lepley (4)
Uvogin – Jamieson Price (1), Richard Epcar (2), or Patrick Seitz (3)
Pakunoda – Laura Post (1), Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (2), Tara Platt (3), or Julie Ann Taylor (4)
Phinxs – Kaiji Tang (1), Xander Mobus (2), David Vincent (3) or Sam Regal (4)
Feitan – Steve Staley (1), Arnie Pantoja (3), Todd Haberkorn (3), Erik Kimerer (4), or Bryce Papenbrook (5)
Franklin – Patrick Seitz (1), Lex Lang (2), Kyle Hebert (3) or Marc Diraison (4)
Nobunaga Hazama – Kirk Thornton (1), Joe J. Thomas (2), or Steve Kramer (3)
Shalnark –
Woman: Casey Mongillo (1), Sara Cravens (2), Tara Sands (3), Julie Ann Taylor (4), Amanda C. Miller (5), Marianne Miller (6), or Veronica Taylor (7)
Guy: Bryce Papenbrook (1), Zach Aguilar (2) or Griffin Burns (3)
Shizuku – Christine Marie Cabanos (1), Xanthe Huynh (2), Faye Mata (3), or Kira Buckland (4)

Neon Nostrade – Mela Lee (1), Brianna Knickerbocker (2), Cherami Leigh (3), Cassandra Lee Morris (4), or Sarah Anne Williams (5)
Light Nostrade – Kirk Thornton (1), Richard Epcar (2), John DeMita (3), or Dan Woren (4)
Man oh Man, I'm on a huge role that I got Chrollo, Uvogin, Phinxs and Shalnark casting choices correctly!!!

I was totally surprised on Erica Lindbeck, Tom Bauer and interestingly enough Janice Roman Roku being cast for Pakunoda, Feitan and Shizuku respectively.

So that's 6 spiders I got right so far: (Chrollo, Uvogin, Phinxs, Shalnark, Machi, and Nobunaga)

Interestingly enough, Faye Mata who was one of my casting choices for Shizuku now is the voice for Neon, quite a change in pace as Mela Lee was the usual voice actor being cast in the roles originally by Kana Ueda.

Lastly, its quite surprising to see Beau Billingslea to show up in Hunter x Hunter as Light, as I didn't expected he was going to show up given the show non-union status and I thought he became a Union-only actor.

------
Right now I have 16 Hunter x Hunter castings correct: Gon, Gon's Grandmother, The Old Lady, the Sea Captain, Katzo, Menchi, Lippo, Kalluto, Machi, Ging, Nobunaga, Baise, Chrollo, Uvogin, Phinxs and Shalnark

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 03-05-2017 at 03:28 PM.
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017   #43
Unknownsage13

Quote:
Man oh Man, I''m on a huge role that I got Chrollo, Uvogin, Phinxs and Shalnark casting choices correctly!!!
Congrats! So far closest I've gotten with Phantom Troupe members is Patrick Seitz. And that was for the wrong character, lol.

Quote:
I was totally surprised on Erica Lindbeck, Tom Bauer and interestingly enough Janice Roman Roku being cast for Pakunoda, Feitan and Shizuku respectively.
I was also surprised by Lindbeck. Off top of my head, only role I can think of her playing a serious adult character was in Iron Blooded Orphans. Rest of time I'm used to her playing younger characters or less serious ones. Cool to see her play against type.
Tom Bauer is someone I really don't know too much about so no opinion.
Janice Kawaye is always a surprise when she shows up. But shes a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Interestingly enough, Faye Mata who was one of my casting choices for Shizuku now is the voice for Neon, quite a change in pace as Mela Lee was the usual voice actor being cast in the roles originally by Kana Ueda.
To be honest I totally thought that was Mela Lee atfirst! Then I started leaning towards Sarah Williams. But total surprise! Faye Mata. Cool to see her showing up more. I feel like she's a bit underused.

Quote:
Lastly, its quite surprising to see Beau Billingslea to show up in Hunter x Hunter as Light, as I didn't expected he was going to show up given the show non-union status and I thought he became Union-only actor.
AGREED! It was one thing to see him show up, but also to go credited? Been surprised a few times cuz I think there have been several actors that usually use aliases actually show-up named in the credit (like I was also surprised to see Dorothy Fahn's name pop-up and not an alias). Maybe Beau switched to fi-core? Idk. NCZ would have more insight into this. Maybe this means other great underused VAs

So I think the only Troupe VAs we don't have yet are Kortopi and Bonolenov. The latter of which I'm aware won't speak for a couple arcs. Not sure when Kortopi will speak.
Old 03-05-2017   #44
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsage13 View Post
Congrats! So far closest I've gotten with Phantom Troupe members is Patrick Seitz. And that was for the wrong character, lol.

I was also surprised by Lindbeck. Off top of my head, only role I can think of her playing a serious adult character was in Iron Blooded Orphans. Rest of time I'm used to her playing younger characters or less serious ones. Cool to see her play against type.
Janice Kawaye is always a surprise when she shows up. But shes a pleasant surprise.

To be honest I totally thought that was Mela Lee atfirst! Then I started leaning towards Sarah Williams. But total surprise! Faye Mata. Cool to see her showing up more. I feel like she's a bit underused.

AGREED! It was one thing to see him show up, but also to go credited? Been surprised a few times cuz I think there have been several actors that usually use aliases actually show-up named in the credit (like I was also surprised to see Dorothy Fahn's name pop-up and not an alias). Maybe Beau switched to fi-core? Idk. NCZ would have more insight into this. Maybe this means other great underused VAs

So I think the only Troupe VAs we don't have yet are Kortopi and Bonolenov. The latter of which I'm aware won't speak for a couple arcs. Not sure when Kortopi will speak.
For Beau...I mean Bebop was non-union (movie aside I mean), & so was Bleach (although I did have people like Marc Worden & Greg Eagles albeit uncredited)
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017   #45
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Quote:
Agreed, and tbh I totally thought that was Tara Platt voicing Pakunoda at first until I saw Erica Lindbeck's name in the credits, so it was indeed a surprising casting choice that I didn't saw coming. A little bummed it's not Laura Post, as she was an obvious shoe-in for Pakunoda, but I can live with Erica Lindbeck in the role. Interestingly enough, I actually had Erica Lindbeck in mind as either Asta, Spinner Clow, or Amane at a future point during the show's run.

Quote:
Kortopi only spoke just one line of Dialogue in episode 56 when the Troupe begin hunting down Kurapika and the Guards. As for Bonolenov, his first speaking dialogue isn't until the Chimera Ant arc in which the Troupe go against Zazan and her forces and Bonolenov fights the Gun-toting Ant so it's going to be a year away for the episodes to come out

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 03-05-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2017   #46
Unknownsage13

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed View Post
For Beau...I mean Bebop was non-union (movie aside I mean), & so was Bleach (although I did have people like Marc Worden & Greg Eagles albeit uncredited)
Ok then. Here i'll clarify "I thought he switched to union only several years ago"
Old 03-05-2017   #47
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Ok then. Here i'll clarify "I thought he switched to union only several years ago"
Ah. I can see how that might be a possibility. Didn't mean to contend.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017   #48
Unknownsage13

Quote:
Kortopi only spoke just one line of Dialogue in episode 56 when the Troupe begin hunting down Kurapika and the Guards
Ah k. I guess whoever does Kortopi's voice is gonna also play another character.
Old 03-08-2017   #49
NachoElephant

Great to see Uvogin voiced by Patrick Seitz
Chrollo and the rest of the Phantom Troupe have great voices
Old 05-14-2017   #50
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAnimefan1995 View Post
Zenji – Paul St. Peter (1), Darin De Paul (2), Dan Woren (3), Hank Ketchum (4), or Ian Alden (5)
Bean – David Vincent (1), Marc Diraison (2), Joe Zieja (3), or Kaiji Tang (4)
Well, what do you know, Hank Ketchum who provided the voice of the Narrator and the Ship Captain now has been cast as Zenji in the latest episode that aired last weekend. It's been a while since one of my casting choices was answered correctly ever since my casting choice predictions for the Shadow Beasts and Zepile were incorrect.

------
I have 17 Hunter x Hunter castings correct: Gon, Gon's Grandmother, The Old Lady, the Sea Captain, Katzo, Menchi, Lippo, Kalluto, Machi, Ging, Nobunaga, Baise, Chrollo, Uvogin, Phinxs, Shalnark, and Zenji

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 05-15-2017 at 11:09 AM.