Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 02-16-2017   #31
Unknownsage13

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoElephant View Post
Johnny Yong Bosh is my number 1 choice to voice Chrollo
My choices for Uvogin would Patrick Seitz or Kaji Tang
I could see Kaiji pulling off Uvogin. He has shown he can play buff characters.
Unknownsage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017   #32
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Post Re: Hunter x Hunter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoElephant View Post
Johnny Yong Bosh is my number 1 choice to voice Chrollo
My choices for Uvogin would Patrick Seitz or Kaji Tang
I wholeheartedly agree for Johnny Yong Bosch being Chrollo, he's actually one of the main reason I want him cast in the role.

As for Patrick Seitz and Kaiji Tang for Uvogin, I don't know about them for Uvo. Don't get me wrong, they're creative choices, but personally I see Patrick as either Franklin or Dalzollene. As for Kaiji, I think I see him more as Phinxs or once the reach the Greed Island arc this year maybe he could be Razor or perhaps one of the Bomb Devils: Bara or Sub

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 02-18-2017 at 10:14 PM.
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017   #33
NachoElephant

Patrick Seitz as Franklin is also a good choice
Old 02-19-2017   #34
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAnimefan1995 View Post
Melody – Stephanie Sheh (1), Julie Maddalena (2), Sandy Fox (3), Jennifer Alyx (4), Karen Strassman (5), or Kimlinh Tran (6)
Dalzollene – Patrick Seitz (1), Kaiji Tang (2), or Chris Niosi/Kirbopher (3)
Basho – Lex Lang (1), Jamieson Price (2), Kirk Thornton (3), DC Douglas (4), or Rich Brown (5)
Squala – Chris Jai Alex (1), Jalen K. Cassell (2), Zeno Robinson (3), or Robbie Daymond (4)
Baise – Karen Strassman (1), Carrie Keranen (2), Wendee Lee (3), Laura Post (4), Megan Hollingshead (5), Rena Strober (6), or Marisha Ray (7)
Awesome, I can't believe I was right on the money on Carrie Keranen playing Baise in tonight's episode. Feels good man, I am on a role with some of these casting choices I predicted.

Although tbh, I'm not surprised that Ray Chase is now voicing Squala thus making him the 4th character Ray he has voiced in the show. Guess everyone including myself totally didn't saw that casting coming:

------
I have now 12 Hunter x Hunter castings correct right now (+ Joe J. Thomas announcement as Nobunaga back in January): Gon, Gon's Grandmother, The Old Lady, the Sea Captain, Katzo, Menchi, Lippo, Kalluto, Machi, Ging, Nobunaga, and Baise

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 03-05-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-19-2017   #35
Autovolt

I'm pretty excited Jake Eberle is doing anime now. He was great as Sendak on Voltron.

I'll have to catch up on HXH's dub soon.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #36
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
I'm pretty excited Jake Eberle is doing anime now. He was great as Sendak on Voltron.

I'll have to catch up on HXH's dub soon.
I dunno if you have cable, but the dub is on Adult Swim's website if you can provide a cable login. The DVD's & Blurays for the first arc or so are out. Set 2 releases in a few days. It's about $25 for 13 episodes, totally worth it.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #37
Unknownsage13

Quote:
Yeah. I feel like there have been several VAs in this dub that don't usually appear in anime.

Oh and did anyone expect Dorothy Fahn as Melody!?
Unknownsage13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #38
Hayworth

Honestly, I had a feeling. I mean, she had a line as the Greed Island narration in the prior episode and basically everyone's who's done bit parts has also done a named character by the next episode. Same deal with Carrie Keranen as Baise
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #39
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Quote:
I got to say that he is a perfect casting for Basho. I didn't thought of him at first since I wasn't to familiar with his work, so my initial choices for Basho were between either Lex Lang, Jamieson Price or DC Douglas

Also prior before doing voice work, he also worked as a supervising sound editor. Now he's the second voice actor from Voltron: Legendary Defender after David W. Collins to appear in Hunter x Hunter. I Wouldn't be surprised if we get another voice actor from the New Voltron cartoon to show up in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsage13 View Post
Yeah. I feel like there have been several VAs in this dub that don't usually appear in anime.
I know right, I am starting to notice a trend in the last 2-3 years where several voice actors who began doing voice work in either original animation or video games start to show up in Anime like Robbie Daymond, Max Mittelman, Marieve Herington, Chris Jai Alex, Griffin Burns, Ben Lepley, Sara Cravens, David W. Collins, Arnie Pantoja, Imari Williams, and more recently Jake Eberle. It's no surprise that a few of actors were prviously in Transformers: Rescue Bots, TripTank and Voltron: Legendary Defender respectively. Who knows which actor/actress might show up next in Hunter x Hunter?

Now in regards to the actors portraying the Nostrade guards on latest episode, their amazing, I especially enjoyed Dorothy Fahn's casting as Melody/Senritsu. However, the only actor I have mixed feelings and feel a little dissapointed on is Kirk Thornton as Dalzollene.

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 03-05-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2017   #40
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayworth View Post
Honestly, I had a feeling. I mean, she had a line as the Greed Island narration in the prior episode and basically everyone's who's done bit parts has also done a named character by the next episode. Same deal with Carrie Keranen as Baise
Yeah I have been noticing that from the last couple of episodes. Whenever a voice actor makes his/her first appearance in an episode voicing a background character, They ended up voicing the named character an episode or two later:Ray Chase (obviously; Hanzo, Geretta, Squala), Kyle Hebert (Umori, Masta), Michael Sorich (Tonpa), Mark Allen Jr. (Nicolas), Tony Oliver (Beans, Imori), Derek Stephen Prince (Lippo), Mela Lee (Canary), Chris Tergliafera (Silva Zoldyck) and David W. Collins (Mysterious Commentator).

There have been a some exceptions where it's the opposite like Michelle Ruff who voiced Kikyo Zoldyck ended up voicing some Female Employee's during the Heaven's Arena arc and Spike Spencer who voiced Gido ended up voicing some of the background audience during the Heaven's Arena matches.

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 02-25-2017 at 09:54 PM.