Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 01-16-2014   #1
electronic456

Default Game franchises that haven't had a game in a long time.

I was thinking about all these game franchises that didn't have a game in many years or are lacking in a number of games and I want to make a top 5 list on which franchises should make a game again.

Here's my list on what franchises I believe need a game right now.

1.Star Fox- A remake wasn't enough for me. I really want them to be able to an all new game that includes another cool story and keep some of the same elements from previous games plus of course....new features.

2.Earthbound- If you know the background of the character Ness, then this is his game franchise. There hasn't been a game about this role-playing series for a long time, so I'm hoping Nintendo can take a break from some of the most popular franchises like Mario, LOZ or Pokemon.

3.Left 4 Dead- I want the franchise to continue in a great pace. There is sure a lot of great things that could continue happening in the franchise. Or otherwise I would want to see more of the Walking Dead games, those were interesting and play like actual episodes of the Walking Dead, which I currently enjoy on TV.

4.Predator- Now I know this is generally a film franchise, but seeing how Alien is getting lots of attention for their franchise in terms of gaming especially with the upcoming Alien:Isolation game. It makes me hope that a good Predator game should be made after.

5.And finally a bit of a controversial choice (drum roll).........CONKER THE SQUIRREL!

I was pretty sad to learn that there were poor sales for this game when the N64 was about to come to an end. It was honestly one of the best games that isn't really done by Nintendo. I love the title character, he's hilarious but do be warned kids, this is somewhat of a 18+ game so I would not recommend it totally to everyone, it's filled with all this crude humour, graphic violence and language .

The 2005 game was meh even with the added features. I really hope that Conker will return someday and I was close to seeing his type of character with the Deadpool game, where Deadpool seems to enjoy the same things as Conker does.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #2
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: Game franchises that haven't had a game in a long time.

There's no way I could possibly limit this to just 5 or 10.

1. Shenmue.
2. Klonoa
3. Chrono
4. Mega Man Legends ()
5. Fatal Fury (specifically Garou: Mark of the Wolves)
6. Everything made by Sega that isn't Sonic (particularly stuff like NiGHTs, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon, etc.)
7. F-Zero.
8. Zone of the Enders.
9. Viewtiful Joe.
10. Elite Beat Agents / Ouendan

If I said anymore, I'm afraid I'll have said pretty much everything that would need to be said in this topic.

Also, to be pedantic, EarthBound is part of the Mother series, being the English name for Mother 2.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #3
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

I think the creator of the Mother series(Earthbound) has said that the series is done for good. Personally, I want a new Chrono game.
Old 01-16-2014   #4
DreamMaster08X

Post Re: Game franchises that haven't had a game in a long time.

F-Zero is the big one for me.

And also, I've always longed for a reboot of my childhood favorite: Viglante 8.

"Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo: so little time, so much to know!"
~Jeremy Hillary Boob, Ph.D. - Yellow Submarine [1968]

Album of the Week: "Deep Purple In Rock" by Deep Purple
DreamMaster08X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #5
PsychicVoiceSpy

Psychonauts.

And the Megaman Legends situation seriously pissed me off. Not gonna lie.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #6
akersaotome

A big fan of the game series Streets of Rage (Bare Knuckle for the Japanese market). I know there's a Street of Rage remake fan made game but Sega ordered a C&D on that one.
Streets of Rage is my favourite scrolling beat-em up series and needs another game for the 21st century.

I agree on NCZ's suggestion for Garou: Mark of the Wolves for a sequel.

I'd like to see another Gunstar Heroes game.

An arcade favourite of mine is Capcom's Alien vs Predator, so a sequel to that game would make me happy.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #7
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

I love the Streets of Rage series (Blaze <3), but my concern is how it would translate to a modern-day format given that beat-em-ups have fallen very much out of favour. Note the lack of Final Fight, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, etc. in modern times.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #8
LordofEvil96

The Legacy of Kain series. I know that the franchise was kind of rebooted in the form of the MMO Nosgoth. But to me Nosgoth has as much to do with Legacy of Kain as Halloween 3 has to do with Michael Myers.
LordofEvil96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #9
akersaotome

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
I love the Streets of Rage series (Blaze <3), but my concern is how it would translate to a modern-day format given that beat-em-ups have fallen very much out of favour. Note the lack of Final Fight, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, etc. in modern times.
There was the Double Dragon Neon game that appeared for XBLA and PSN during the tail end 2012. The game itself wasn't particularly good but the music saved it.

I guess a modern take of a scrolling beat-em up is Dragon's Crown. Can't picture Blaze Fielding from Streets of Rage to be a Sorceress-esque character, but a well made Streets of Rage game for these modern times is more than welcome.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #10
CatsTuxedo

I remember Bloody Roar from the PS1 days, though I haven't really played any of the sequels. It had a pretty interesting premise and cast of characters, at least. Considering how poorly the fourth game did and Hudson having gone under, I guess I really shouldn't be expecting any new developments.

I'm aware Saru Getchu! / Ape Escape hasn't had new games in a while either, though it's probably for the best since there's not a whole lot more that can be done with the series as far as I can tell.

And I'm still plenty sore about Activision neutering Radical Entertainment and killing off Crash Bandicoot to make way for their stupid toy game
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote