Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 12-13-2014   #1
SupremeTarantulas

Default Chrstmas Specials You Miss

Content removed

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 01-22-2015 at 10:46 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014   #2
SupremeTarantulas

Default Christmas Specials that are underrated and/or you miss?

*Decided to combine a newer thread with a previous one

What specials do you miss on tv? Or do you feel they're under appreciated? Can apply to movies as well.

A bunch of Hanna Barbera ones come to mind for me. Casper's First Christmas, Yogi's First Christmas, A Flintstone Christmas, and A Flintstone Christmas Carol, and pretty much everything Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon made or aired. The presence of Hanna-Barbara specials is something greatly missed on network television for me. Another one is Rudolph and The Misfit Toys, which ABC Family nicked this year. The latter is very under appreciated. No special can have perfect writing, movies are the same way, and of course, the voice matching is spot on, and the songs fit well, and considering songs in other movies based of Rankin/Bass specials, like for instance the Peter Cottontail sequel, they're really not that bad, even Legend Of Frosty was better, and it's only was the main theme, and that was decent. Other movie that go this route are Fred Clause and A Christmas Story 2. The former has a good atmosphere and Christmas feel, and excellent cast and the music fits, and the latter is like Rudolph, a decent sequel, the writing is decent and gets the feel of the original, ad the narrator sounds like Jean Shepherd. Like Rudolph it matches the original almost but is not quite on par with it.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 01-22-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-18-2014   #3
Starscreamsfan
Banned

Default Re: Christmas Specials that are underrated and/or you miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
*Decided to combine a newer thread with a previous one

What specials do you miss on tv? Or do you feel they're under appreciated? Can apply to movies as well.

A bunch of Hanna Barbera ones come to mind for me. Casper's First Christmas, Yogi's First Christmas, A Flintstone Christmas, and A Flintstone Christmas Carol, and pretty much everything Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon made or aired. The presence of Hanna-Barbara specials is something greatly missed on network television for me. Another one is Rudolph and The Misfit Toys, which ABC Family nicked this year. The llatter is very under appreciated. No special can have perfect writing, movies are the same way, and of course, the voice matching is spot on, and the songs fit well, and considering songs in other movies based of Rankin/Bsss specials, like for instance the Peter Cottontail sequel, they're really not that bad, even Legend Of Frosty was better, and it's only was the main theme, and that was decent. Other movie that go this route are Fred Clause and A Christmas Story 2. The former has a good atmosphere and Christmas feel, and excellent cast and the music fits, and the latter is like Rudolph, a decent sequel, the writing is decent and gets the feel of the original, ad the narrator sounds like Jean Shepherd. Like Rudolph it matches the original almost but is not quite on par with it.
I think the second Rudolph special is quite underrated. Sure, the first one is undoubtedly the best, but voice matches were quite impressive.

I do miss the Hanna-Barbera special.
Starscreamsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015   #4
virtual revenger

Default Re: Chrstmas Specials You Miss

The Little Drummer boy and Frosty the snowman.
virtual revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015   #5
virtual revenger

I believe that the second Frosty the snowman was under rated and the year without a Santa was also.
virtual revenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015   #6
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual revenger View Post
I believe that the second Frosty the snowman was under rated and the year without a Santa was also.
Frosty Returns was the 4th if that's what you meant, Winter Wonderland was the 2nd, then the Rudolph crossover, the first 3 having Jackie Vernon so John goodman replacing him had shoes when Bernon died. He was good, his singing was wonderful, since you mentioned Little Drummer Boy, IDK what the deal is but those never air annually anymore and are greatly missed.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 01-22-2015 at 10:44 PM.