Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015   #1
CuriousUserX90
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 240
Thumbs up Disney Alice in Wonderland Movie we Know Best

Why does the Well Known Disney Version say Alice in Wonderland (1951) and not just Alice in Wonderland? I know there's many incarnations, but please change it to without the year it had been released (and put 1966 to the 1966 incarnation). After all, with the Other Disney Animated films like Peter Pan, that have many incarnations, none of em say their release year in the title from what I've noticed.
CuriousUserX90 is offline  
Old 06-24-2015   #2
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,781
Default Re: Disney Alice in Wonderland Movie we Know Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Why does the Well Known Disney Version say Alice in Wonderland (1951) and not just Alice in Wonderland?
It's like that because we have to differentiate it from the other titles of "Alice in Wonderland" for the URL path.

behindthevoiceactors.com/movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-1951

behindthevoiceactors.com/movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-1999

behindthevoiceactors.com/movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-2010

They all have the exact same title, and if we didn't include the year, the URL path would act like they were all the same entries, which they're not, and they would all redirect to the exact same page. Same reason why we have years to designate the different Action Man, King Kong and Transformers: Robots in Disguise titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
I know there's many incarnations, but please change it to without the year it had been released (and put 1966 to the 1966 incarnation).
Yeah, no. We're not going to change it, as per the reasons stated above.

The 1966 movie that you refer to is called Alice in Wonderland in Paris. It's technically a different title, hence why we don't need to put the year. The URL path is already differentiated enough by virtue of having "in Paris" in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
After all, with the Other Disney Animated films like Peter Pan, that have many incarnations, none of em say their release year in the title from what I've noticed.
The difference being that NONE of the Peter Pan titles share the exact same title. They're all named differently.
TylerMirage is offline  
Old 06-30-2015   #3
CuriousUserX90
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 240
Default Re: Disney Alice in Wonderland Movie we Know Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
It's like that because we have to differentiate it from the other titles of "Alice in Wonderland" for the URL path.

behindthevoiceactors.com/movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-1951

behindthevoiceactors.com/movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-1999

behindthevoiceactors.com/movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-2010

They all have the exact same title, and if we didn't include the year, the URL path would act like they were all the same entries, which they're not, and they would all redirect to the exact same page. Same reason why we have years to designate the different Action Man, King Kong and Transformers: Robots in Disguise titles.



Yeah, no. We're not going to change it, as per the reasons stated above.

The 1966 movie that you refer to is called Alice in Wonderland in Paris. It's technically a different title, hence why we don't need to put the year. The URL path is already differentiated enough by virtue of having "in Paris" in the title.



The difference being that NONE of the Peter Pan titles share the exact same title. They're all named differently.
Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, these Disney movies aren't the only versions, there's others with the same name, so the version of Alice in Wonderland we know best shouldn't have it's year put in. It's the only Disney Animated Feature on BTVA that has it's year put up in the title.
CuriousUserX90 is offline  
Old 06-30-2015   #4
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,781
Default Re: Disney Alice in Wonderland Movie we Know Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, these Disney movies aren't the only versions, there's others with the same name, so the version of Alice in Wonderland we know best shouldn't have it's year put in. It's the only Disney Animated Feature on BTVA that has it's year put up in the title.
Let's break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Snow White
Snow White

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Mirror Mirror
Snow White and the Huntsman
The 7D

^They're all from the same franchise, but none of those share the same title, thus, this example is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Pinocchio
Pinocchio

Pinocchio
Pinocchio in Outer Space
Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night
The Adventures of Pinocchio
The New Adventures of Pinocchio
Pinocchio 3000
Pinocchio (2012)

^The bolded titles are the only ones that share the exact same wording, hence why the 2012 film's URL is differentiated with a "(2012)" in it, just like Alice in Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Cinderella
Cinderella

Cinderella
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True
Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

^None of those share the same title, thus, this example is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Sleeping Beauty
Sleeping Beauty

^There's only one Sleeping Beauty title in the database, so this example is moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
The Jungle Book
The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
The White Seal
Mowgli's Brothers
Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli
TaleSpin
Jungle Cubs
The Jungle Book (*tv show)
The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story
The Jungle Book 2
The Jungle Book (2016)

^The bolded titles are the only ones that share a similar URL path, so that's why the 2016 film has to have "(2016)" in the title, just like Alice in Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

^There's only one Robin Hood title in the database, so this example is moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast (Bevanfield Films)
Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World

^None of those share the same title, thus, this example is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
Aladdin
Aladdin

Aladdin
Aladdin (Golden Films)
Aladdin: The Return of Jafar
Aladdin (*tv show)
Aladdin and the King of Thieves

^The two bolded titles are the only ones that would risk sharing the same URL path, so that's why the Golden Films' version is designated as such.

Does that clear things up?
TylerMirage is offline  
Old 06-30-2015   #5
CuriousUserX90
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 240
Default Re: Disney Alice in Wonderland Movie we Know Best

This is what we got that doesn't have the year in it (not the one we know best): http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ace-Like-This/
CuriousUserX90 is offline  
Old 07-01-2015   #6
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up
 
TylerMirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,781
Default Re: Disney Alice in Wonderland Movie we Know Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousUserX90 View Post
This is what we got that doesn't have the year in it (not the one we know best): http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ace-Like-This/
Because it's a TV show, the URL path is different than any other Alice in Wonderland title. (the "sort name" being different than the "display name")

.../tv-shows/Alice-in-Wonderland-or-Whats-a-Nice-Kid-Like-You-Doing-in-a-Place-Like-This/

vs.

.../movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-1951/

.../movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-1999/

.../movies/Alice-in-Wonderland-2010/

.../video-games/Alice-in-Wonderland/
TylerMirage is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.