Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training

Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training A place for aspiring voice over talents to exchange tips and ideas, share stories, post demo and recording samples, and other training sources.

Old 01-07-2014   #1
DannyColes

Question First Demo Reel

Hey I'm kinda new to this whole thing, and this was using my old microphone (literally just bought a new one). So could you give my reel a listen and maybe give some feedback on weather I should redo it with a better quality mic. Also, if it's even how a reel should be. Thanks!

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/2ESz8cjW/demo1.html?
DannyColes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #2
Devin Graves

Send a message via AIM to Devin Graves
Default Re: First Demo Reel

Not bad, but you know people don't hire for impressions, right? If the original voice actor is still alive, they're just going to hire the original voice, because it's not the voice alone, it's the name that goes with it.

A demo reel for cartoon characters should showcase a range of characters and zany antics that are natural to you, and not clearly trying to copy someone well known. You don't need to state that it's a reel for X year and what you specialize in, because it'll be apparent in the sample you provide what you do. As for the length per segment, the typical length is 10-15 seconds on average on a professional demo and is normally around 2 minutes long. 1 minute is on the short end, and 4 minutes is gonna get passed for the next demo.
Devin Graves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acting, demo, reel, voice