Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Character Discussions

Character Discussions Who are the best villains and heroes? Discuss all character related topics here.

Old 10-12-2010   #1
Shadow Hawk
Probationary Members

Lightbulb Best Characters of 2011

1.Spider-Man
2.Megatron
3.Optimus Prime
4.Scooby-Doo
5.Venom
6.Sonic the Hedgehog
7.Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp
8.Starscream
9.Ash Ketchum
10.Bumblebee

This is just an idea
Shadow Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #2
OptimusSolo
Banned

Default Re: Best Characters of 2011

I have no idea what this is supposed to be....its not even 2011 yet?
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010   #3
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

And none of them are 2011 originals. I'm confused.

I'm assuming this is intended for characters appearing in new shows/games, and then we rank the characters in these new shows at the end of the year? I'm still confused, because I think we'd include newer characters if we did something like this.

Last edited by NCZ; 10-12-2010 at 08:53 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #4
Shadow Hawk
Probationary Members

Lightbulb Specifically Best Characters of 2011

Specifically this list is an idea of how the top characters of all-time and this week should be renewed.
Shadow Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010   #5
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

"Most popular this week/all time" refers to the number of hits characters get. It means that people are visiting those pages a lot. It does not represent opinion. And if you're referring to a list of "best characters ever", we'd need justification for each character's inclusion.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #6
pokemastanumba1

#5 Rango

The Geico commercial is one of the most well-known in the US. Who knew that an anorexic green lizard with big eyes could make a big name for itself no matter how many different commericals have went on the air? Still, there was a great void left in the realm of the movie theaters as Geico was hesitant to make the transition to the big screen. Having fed up with waiting too long for that to ever happen, producers Gore Verbinski, Graham King, and John B. Carls made their move.

The Rango movie was one of the most critically acclaimed of 2011. If President Andrew Jackson can inspire a rock musical and Anna Nicole Smith can become an opera, why not turn a 1974 film noir about water rights into a kids' movie? That's what Rango is, though precious few children will get the overall joke, let alone the elaborate tributes to Clint Eastwood's spaghetti Westerns and the 1981 punk-action classic "The Road Warrior." Parents and film buffs, however, may be delighted by this work of inspired lunacy, which breaks nearly every rule of animated movies. It's worth noting that the film's PG rating comes from some intense action scenes, as well as - get this - lots of smoking.

But who could've been behind the voice of the mischievous green hero? No, it's not the same person as Geico's leaner mascot; instead, it's the Pirates of the Carribean star, Johnny Depp! What a surprising twist on things, even before the movie premiere. I mean, going from a rugged treasure hunter lost at sea to a slick-talking green lizard, that's really something.

#4 Alvin

Alvin and his gang have formed a group that's as popular among children in the same way the Big Time Rush band is among teenagers. Known for their wild mishaps and random adventures, there's no telling what they'll get themselves into the next time around. Every group needs a leader though, right? And like with Nintendo's best-selling franchise, who else can be the leader other than the one who dons the red cap and shirt? It IS called "Alvin and the Chipmunks" after all.

Honestly, who doesn’t love the little guy? I mean, all the things he can do is pretty darn impressive for such a tiny little rodent. Ever since the original animated incarnation on television, he's been a fan-favorite for many, and children still idolize the lovable idiot.

#3 Nathan Drake

Uncharted is one of the most well-reowned video game franchises as of late. Ever since the 2009 release of the second entry in the series, Amy Henning has been racking in the cash as millions of copies are being dished out at billions of retailers throughout the continent. It was revered as one of, if not the greatest adventure saga of all-time, leaving both Wii and Xbox 360 owners have been green with envy. But of course, Naughty Dog wouldn't have done it all without the help of the wise-cracking treasure hunter.

What can I say about Drake? Everything about this guy is amazing. He’s stealthy, knows how to use a gun, makes you laugh with his sarcastic humor, loves a challenge, and he’s HOT. You just automatically fall in love with his character. He has a good heart, cares deeply for his friends, and is a genuine treasure hunter! Though his day job is lobbing grenades around ancient ruins, firing AK-47s from the top of Himalayan mountains and desecrating World Heritage Sites, he does it with a genuine sense of self-awareness, pointing out how ridiculous it is and dropping genuinely hilarious wisecracks - all in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt (half out, half tucked).

He’s the every man: the guy-next-door type of hero with a wicked tongue and a lot of bad luck. But when you get down to it, that’s exactly what makes Drake a charmer; he’s a little bit goofy, a little suave, and completely and utterly insane, not to mention heckuva lot better than Indiana Jones. Oh and he’s hot. Did I say that already? No? Well let me say it again. Nathan Drake = HOT! I simply HAVE to get around to finishing my playthrough of U3!

#2 Tornadus

Last March, the long-awaited fifth generation of Pokemon had finally arrived with the release of the Black and White versions, introducing a total of 156 new Pokémon, higher than any other generation (at least thus far). While some new Pokemon may have similarities to previously introduced Pokemon, none of the new Pokemon are related by evolution to any of the 493 introduced previously, allowing an easier transition for newcomers and creating a whole new look and feel for veterans of the series (such as myself, obviously). But none of the rest in the mix was quite as eye-catching as the legendary wind god of Unova.

Tornadus has piqued the interest of most Pokefans, having the distinction of being the very first pure Flying-type in the world of Pokemon. And as with most legendaries, its raw power and excellent movepool are never to be underestimated. Wielding a 180-base power STAB move and a max Special Attack of 383, anything that doesn't resist its mighty Hurricane will definitely get the smackdown of its life. Of course, its 361 max Attack isn't something to sneeze at, and with some usable physical moves in its arsenal such as Acrobatics and Hammer Arm, most dedicated special walls wouldn't stand too much of a chance either.

It had finally made its voice-acted debut in the Black & White episode, "Stopping the Rage of Legends!" voiced by Kensuke Sato. From what I've heard, it certainly sounds like a real badass, and I can't wait to hear what it will sound like in the English dub.

#1 Tanooki Mario

The original release of Super Mario Bros. 3 from two whole decades ago had introduced the largest assortment of power-ups in the history of the most successful video game franchise of all-time. One of those intruging new additions to the plumber's arsenal was the Super Leaf, which transformed the hero into a cute little rodent with pointed ears and a fluffy tail. Utilizing the power to hover in the air, Mario could cross larger gaps with greater ease. And with enough momentum, he could soar the skies above for a short period of time! Eventually, it could become upgraded to a full-body suit which has the added ability to turn into stone. How cool is that? Sadly, this unique and interesting power-up has been abandoned and forgotten for the longest time. Until one day...

...the release of two brand-spanking new 3DS titles finally brought it back! For veterans of the series, both Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 had revived a major loss of the series. And while the Super Leaf was celebrating its long overdue 20th anniversary, newcomers to the franchise were certainly intrigued by this new "addition" (many players today haven't heard of its original incarnation). Of course, it was very nice to see the power-up finally rendered in glorious 3D and high graphical quality. Still boasting the same abilites it had in SMB3, it certainly hasn't aged so badly after all. And don't forget, its appearance in MK7 marked the debut of the item in a Mario Kart game.

But it goes without saying that the Nintendo wouldn't enjoy continued success without the help of Charles Martinet, none other than the iconic voice of everyone's favorite plumber. Bringing so much life into his role, he defined the character with his trademark "Yah!"s and "Woo-hoo!"s among other catchy taunts and battle cries. Having retained the role for almost two decades, Charles Martinet is most likely the voice actor who has held onto a video game voice-over role for the record longest time (within that, Sonic the Hedgehog has had three different VAs). It pretty much goes without saying that being the voice of Mario is indeed the major highlight of his career.

Tags
characters, sonic the hedgehog, transformers