Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 04-28-2017   #51
Polyester Funk

Default Re: Injustice 2

Not sure who that is now. He does sound a bit more like Kevin Grevioux there, yet still kinda different. How weird would it be if it's Isaac Singleton since he's also Thanos? He and Kevin sound very similar.

I was also thinking of the possibility of Dave Fennoy, yet that doesn't seem quite right either. With those effects it's hard to tell.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017   #52
PacoSlimee

Got the clearest Darkseid quotes I could find and put them back to back.
PacoSlimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017   #53
[SD] LordAkira

Steve Blum has confirmed his role as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) within this tweet.

https://twitter.com/blumspew/status/857453307916308480

Also, if you didn't see them, I posted confirmation tweets regarding Fred Tatasciore and Scott Porter voicing Bane and Robin respectively in page 2 of this forum.
[SD] LordAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017   #54
Troodon2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzTdsL7aOg

Looks like Richard Epcar's returning as the Joker. Pitty, nothing against Epcar mind you, but I was hoping Mark Hamill would return since he is still playing the part in Justice League Action.

Ah well, at least his laugh got better.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017   #55
Polyester Funk

I'm kinda glad that Richard Epcar is back as Joker, since he was in the other game(games if you count MK vs. DCU) and from what I remember reading it's a dream role for him, yet I'm not sure that his voice seems right coming from that new design.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017   #56
Troodon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyester Funk View Post
I'm kinda glad that Richard Epcar is back as Joker, since he was in the other game(games if you count MK vs. DCU) and from what I remember reading it's a dream role for him, yet I'm not sure that his voice seems right coming from that new design.
Yeah about the Joker's new look here-- He looks friggin ridiculous!!!

Seriously, it's already bad enough we have this trend with (former) girlfriend/partner in crime, Harley Quinn looking like a Borderlands character, but how lame do you have to be to think sometime like "Hey, Joker is a clown... so let's make him look like something other than a clown!"...?

My best guess as to why the Joker looks like some emo punk (with the voice of a 50 year old mind you) is due the financial success and media synergy of the Suicide Squad movie, staring Jared Letto as the Clown Prince of Crime himself; but really whenever I see these kind of designs based on these kind of character, they just scream "Tying to Hard!"
Old 04-30-2017   #57
Shaun Ince

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoSlimee View Post
Now having heard the new Darkseid trailer. I'm not sure that it is either Michael Dorn or David Sobolov. Has this weird "croaky" quality to it. Kinda sounds like a frog? Only person I can think of that has something like that is Kevin Grevioux, but I don't think this is him.
I'm getting Michael Leon Wooley vibes from Darkseid here. I don't hear Sobolov in this role at all.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017   #58
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Big red guy sounds like Michael Ironside.

I like the idea of Seitz as Grodd, however relistening I'm not sure it's him. Could be tho.

Aquaman is clearly Phil LaMarr; sounds a lot like Crispin Freeman who's basically white Phil LaMarr lol.

I don't like the Suicide Squad designs; Epcar could make for a good Joker, however this is such a young-looking Leto Joker & while his voice is deep to begin with, it's easily way too gravelly & deep for this Leto Joker.

Darkseid: "A pitiful display" reminds me of Isaac Singleton. I also agree with Michael Dorn.

Last edited by huzaifa_ahmed; 04-30-2017 at 01:40 PM.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017   #59
Troodon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa_ahmed View Post
I don't like the Suicide Squad designs; Epcar could make for a good Joker, however this is such a young-looking Leto Joker & while his voice is deep to begin with, it's easily way too gravelly & deep for this Leto Joker.
Right, either they stick with a more classic design, or they cast someone younger for this one. (like Troy Baker)
Old 05-01-2017   #60
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

Considering that something is clearly wrong with this Joker (Be he an illusion, undead or something else) I think the contrast of the younger appearance and Richard's gravelly voice sort of works. I hate the hair though.