Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 01-16-2016   #11
Shaun Ince

Default Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
The chances of the likes of Jim Cummings or Kevin Michael Richardson are rather unlikely. Although Jennifer Hale and Fred Tatasciore have been in a couple anime roles, notably Naruto. So if any one, I think Western Animation voice actors who are primarily in video games like Ketih Szarabajka, Nolan North, Jim Ward, James Horan or even Ketih Ferguson might be likely candidates since most of the popular va's in anime also star in Video Games.
Nolan North did play Masked Man/Tobi once in Naruto. Granted it was for a video game. As small as it was, it had some potential.
Shaun Ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #12
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Post Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Quote:
Actually, Grey was in the english dub for the Bayoneta OVA.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domayv View Post
amd other prelay VAs whos characters they've voiced are covered by anime/J-Game dub VAs are Tara Strong (covered by Christine Marie Cabanos and Cristina Vee), Troy Baker (covered by Matthew Mercer), Josh Keaton (covered by Johnny Yong Bosch, Robbie Daymond, and Erik Kimerer), Nolan North (covered by Orion Acaba), Dave Wittenberg (covered by Orion Acaba, Grant George, Robbie Daymond and Johnny Yong Bosch), Grey Delisle (covered by Tara Platt, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Laura Post), Darran Norris (covered by Matthew Mercer and Kaiji Tang), and Fred Tatascoire (covered by Patrick Seitz and Paul St. Peter)
I think Christine Marie Cabanos would be the better alternative IMO instead of Ashley Burch to be covered for Tara Strong voice actor (even though her voice might be similar to Lara Jill Miller, but that's just me), since while Ashley has done voice work in anime in the MOSTLY Funimation side of things, most of her work/voice work have been in video games alogn with her role as a writer in Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?.

Now besides the ones you mentioned on top, here are several other Pre-lay actors who's voices have covered by anime/J-Game dub VAs: Vanessa Marshall (covered by Wendee Lee, Tara Platt, Carrie Keranen, Julie Ann Taylor, and Laura Post), Tom Kenny and Rob Paulsen (covered by Todd Haberkorn), James Arnold Taylor (covered by Robbie Daymond), Eric Bauza (covered by Ben Diskin), John DiMaggio (covered by Kyle Hebert), Kari Wahlgren (covered by Lauren Landa, Cristina Vee and Michelle Ruff), and Tress MacNeille (covered by Wendee Lee and Barbara Goodson)
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #13
Domayv

Default Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAnimefan1995 View Post
I think Christine Marie Cabanos would be the better alternative IMO instead of Ashley Burch to be covered for Tara Strong voice actor (even though her voice might be similar to Lara Jill Miller, but that's just me), since while Ashley has done voice work in anime in the MOSTLY Funimation side of things, most of her work/voice work have been in video games alogn with her role as a writer in Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?.
Burch has also done a bunch of J-games so my opinion of her covering Tara Strong isnt too invalidated. Also Christine Marie Cabanos (alongside with Sandy Fox) clearly cover Lara Jill Miller.

Quote:
Rob Paulsen (covered by Todd Haberkorn),
Dont forget Johnny Yong Bosch and Erik Kimerer

Quote:
James Arnold Taylor (covered by Robbie Daymond)
Dont forget Johnny Yong Bosch, Todd Haberkorn and Erik Kimerer

Quote:
John DiMaggio (covered by Kyle Hebert)
Dont forget Kaiji Tang
Domayv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #14
Troodon2

Weren't we just talking about, Which Western Animation Voice Actors we wanna hear in Anime?!
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #15
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Post Re: Which western animation voice actor(s) would you love to see in an anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domayv View Post
Burch has also done a bunch of J-games so my opinion of her covering Tara Strong isnt too invalidated. Also Christine Marie Cabanos (alongside with Sandy Fox) clearly cover Lara Jill Miller.

So far she's been in 3 JRPG titles, compared to the bulk of the video games she's in but like you said who knows.

Dont forget Johnny Yong Bosch and Erik Kimerer

Dont forget Johnny Yong Bosch, Todd Haberkorn and Erik Kimerer

Dont forget Kaiji Tang
Your right, I only tend to focus listening on the actors on who they seem to sound similar to the pre-lay actors while listening to their demos and watching compilation clips on YouTube. But let's try not to beat a dead horse on this one and put this one aside for another discussion in a different thread

Quote:
Weren't we just talking about, Which Western Animation Voice Actors we wanna hear in Anime?!
Yeah we did got a bit of topic for the moment let's not go out of topic and have this thread get locked up.

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 01-17-2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Minor explanation
Old 01-17-2016   #16
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

Now for which Pre-lay actor I would love to see do anime? Hmm I'm not to sure, even though they were in at least 1 anime title I wouldn't mind seeing Nika Futterman and Jessica DiCicco in more anime titles IF they can fit it in their time and schedule.

Another group of voice actors I wouldn't mind seeing doing Anime well technically the former is a video game voice/on-screen actor and the latter are actors from Phineas and Ferb are Gideon Emery, Vincent Martella and Alyson Stoner

Last edited by DisneyAnimefan1995; 01-17-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2016   #17
Autovolt

David Kaye and Troy Baker......

Oh Wait.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016   #18
TheAdapter

I always wanted to see Clancy Brown in an anime, he has a perfect villain voice thats perfect for anime.
Old 01-19-2016   #19
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdapter View Post
I always wanted to see Clancy Brown in an anime, he has a perfect villain voice thats perfect for anime.
That I can agree with. I mean he's perfect for dubbing characters voiced by seiyuus like Unsho Ishizuka, Ryuzaburo Otomo, Banjo Ginja, Joji Nakata, Sho Hayami, Norio Wakamoto and Tessho Genda.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #20
MilanTheVillain01

Send a message via MSN to MilanTheVillain01

Quote:
Now for which Pre-lay actor I would love to see do anime? Hmm I'm not to sure, even though they were in at least 1 anime title I wouldn't mind seeing Nika Futterman and Jessica DiCicco in more anime titles IF they can fit it in their time and schedule.

Another group of voice actors I wouldn't mind seeing doing Anime well technically the former is a video game voice/on-screen actor and the latter are actors from Phineas and Ferb are Gideon Emery, Vincent Martella and Alyson Stoner
Now granted, I'm not too sure if Futterman, Emery, Martella & Stoner have ever done anime dubbing before. Although I do admit, they seem like very interesting choices to do so if they did.

But DiCicco, I know for a fact has had her first foray into the anime dubbing scene last year with a little show called Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. Apparently, she was also some extras in Durarara!! x2 at around the same time.
MilanTheVillain01 is offline   Reply With Quote