Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 01-27-2015   #291
HoneyBunches

Default Re: Ask A Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefeatherfilms View Post
So what if the voice actor you casted doesn't list an email on file and you left a visitors comment but they haven't responded? Is there any other way to get the email or should I just recast?
Send them a message on the forums. It will send them an email saying they have a message. There are no sort of notifications for visitor comments.
HoneyBunches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015   #292
P3simsVid

I wonder if it is possible to cast multiple people for one part? Doesn't seem so. (The reason why I want that is because it is for a competition, so not only one person can get in.)

I also wonder if people get notifications when you write comments on their auditions, because then I could just write it in comments instead and they will be notified.
P3simsVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015   #293
Markedman_247

If there are audio issues with an audition, can the audition be removed or modified by the original uploader?
Markedman_247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015   #294
HoneyBunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3simsVid View Post
I wonder if it is possible to cast multiple people for one part? Doesn't seem so. (The reason why I want that is because it is for a competition, so not only one person can get in.)

I also wonder if people get notifications when you write comments on their auditions, because then I could just write it in comments instead and they will be notified.
I have been casted as a backup before and it came up as backup under my auditions. I'm not sure how that works though. Also, the only way they will get notifications is if you reply to a comment they have already made, or send them a message.
HoneyBunches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015   #295
P3simsVid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunches View Post
I have been casted as a backup before and it came up as backup under my auditions. I'm not sure how that works though. Also, the only way they will get notifications is if you reply to a comment they have already made, or send them a message.
Oh, ok, it seemed like people were getting notifications, because they responded to comments on their auditions really quickly.

Or are these people really checking manually if people have commented on their auditions so often? Not saying I'm not addicted to this site myself, because I am. xD But seems odd if so many people are.
P3simsVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015   #296
James Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3simsVid View Post
Oh, ok, it seemed like people were getting notifications, because they responded to comments on their auditions really quickly.
As far as I'm aware they do. I'm pretty sure I always got notified on the site when I got a comment on an audition. Not email notifications, but that little comment symbol next to your profile.
James Hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015   #297
Mr.Occulture

Is there to re-open closed projects?
Mr.Occulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015   #298
GMJ

This might sound dumb, but how exactly do you submit a voice sample for a character. Says it needs to be in mp3 format, but i don't know how you do that.
GMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015   #299
imnotAnon

What program should I use to record my audition?
imnotAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015   #300
Westygalery

It's more of a suggestion rather then a question, but why is there no search bar when audition? I understand that you guys put tabs to say if the project is fan dub, original, etc. But what if, say, I wanted to audition for a specific fandom? Like Sonic. I believe there should be a search bar there along with the more advanced search options in case people have a specific theme/fandom they want to audition for. Just a thought!