Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 07-01-2013   #51
BlaiseDemon

Default Re: Ask A Question

What is the maximum size for an audition file upload?
BlaiseDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #52
Foxwolf
Web Admin

1 megabyte. are you still having trouble with submitting an audition?
Old 07-01-2013   #53
BlaiseDemon

Yes. Not sure why. I listened to other auditions for the Ichiban Fandub Contest and it did not seem as though my file was much longer than any of those.
Old 07-03-2013   #54
Der Grapist

That's because we submitted them before it was switched to 1MB, so most of ours were almost 3MB. *sigh* I'm gonna miss the 3MB limit, it allowed for better sound quality.
Der Grapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013   #55
Fallen (Chyvonne)

So i don't mean to sound stupid but it seems no one uses this site... i don't really know i just made my account a couple hours ago. anyways if your still there to reply to this. i was wondering what can i do on this site. i mean how does it work? can i download any voice recordings?
Fallen (Chyvonne) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #56
Pandabear09

hmm...so I'm pretty new to this but when I tried to do a recording from my phone(iphone) I found out that you cant upload it straight to this site. I went ahead and converted the recordings to the mp3 format even mp4 but it still would not take. I then emailed it to myself so I could download it from my computer? but when I hit submit here it says that error HUZZAH was what was causing my files to not be uploaded. help please? thank you
Pandabear09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013   #57
CastingCallCorey

I dream of becoming a voice actor, but my confidence and self-esteem are so low that I feel I'm not good enough and I never will be, as if everybody on this site are way more talented than I am.
CastingCallCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013   #58
Nyxira

Aw, don't feel that way man. You just have to keep practicing. Some of us have had acting lessons, or a lot of acting experience. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it. I'm sure most people would be willing to help you out with tips and training.
Nyxira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013   #59
Fallen (Chyvonne)

Default Re: don't give up!

hey @CastingCallCorey don't give up on your dream! i'm on the same boat as you. don't feel so down and disappointed. your giving up to early in the game. on this site we are all inspired voice actors. we all respect each other and our dreams. just keep practicing my friend. i believe in you
Fallen (Chyvonne) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013   #60
BlaiseDemon

Listen, Corey. The only way you will become more confident in your talent, is to just go for it! Do not be intimidated by the other auditions that have already posted. Don't even listen to the others until you have considered how Corey would do the voice (based on the description of the character). Get a voice in your head as to what YOU think the character would sound like. Listen to the other auditions only if you are completely clueless; and even then, do not try to imitate a voice you like necessarily, just voice what's in your heart and brain. I guarantee you will get parts (even if they are small), and that will boost your confidence. I cannot tell you how many auditions I've done where I had no expectation of landing the role, and all of the sudden, you get that email that says, you got it! And you just get this glow! It's awesome. Go for it. Follow your heart and your head, and you will find success. Cheers!