Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
SteveJames

Default Newbie Member dumb questions

Good morning from Vancouver, Fellow VO professionals.

I read about this site on Reddit and immediately joined. Every other similar community I have joined hasn't resulted in any paid work, so I'm hoping that this community proves to be different.

My apologies if these questions are in the wrong place, but what tips, instructions, 'how to's and lessons learned can you pass on that allows me to work more profitably and in a more streamlined manner

TIA

Steve
SteveJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
Kioea
Top Contributor

Default Re: Newbie Member dumb questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJames View Post
Good morning from Vancouver, Fellow VO professionals.

I read about this site on Reddit and immediately joined. Every other similar community I have joined hasn't resulted in any paid work, so I'm hoping that this community proves to be different.

My apologies if these questions are in the wrong place, but what tips, instructions, 'how to's and lessons learned can you pass on that allows me to work more profitably and in a more streamlined manner

TIA

Steve
Hi, Steve. I'm sorry to say this, but we aren't that kind of site. We are a fan-made database that collates and collects all to do with voice acting. We don't actually provide work for anyone - at least not directly. I hope you're not too disappointed.

Having said that, there are a few sub-forums that might help you. Casting Call provides details on any member-created projects that you may wish to join, and this section may help you in the tips category (although you may have to go back quite a bit - there don't seem to have been any tips listed or questions answered for quite a while).
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
member, new member, paud work, voice actor